Thais flock to pray to a lump of wood after policeman wins 114 million on the lottery

22 hours ago, xylophone said:

They believe they can get the numbers they need from the spirit of a bit of wood housed at the temple of Wat Ban Non Jik. 

The wood is believed to be inhabited by a spirit called "Jao Mae Takhian Hin".

No different from Christianity when you look at it objectively!

I have not read where any Christian prayed to a relic, idol or saint to hit the lottery jackpot. I have read where they have prayed to such things for the recovery of a sick or dying person, deliverance from danger and such. No lottery there, unless you compare it to the chance of a favorable outcome.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the 15th Century. lol 

If theres something holy in this country, its money.

i wouldn't go that far

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Benmart said:

I have not read where any Christian prayed to a relic, idol or saint to hit the lottery jackpot. I have read where they have prayed to such things for the recovery of a sick or dying person, deliverance from danger and such. No lottery there, unless you compare it to the chance of a favorable outcome.

My comment was really in relation to praying to an idol/piece of wood hoping that something would happen or fortunes might change one way or another.

In general, praying to a piece of wood in Thailand because folks believe it contains a spirit, is no different to folks praying for whatever in front of a statue, idol or the like in Christianity..........e.g. wooden effigies, crosses, shrouds, etc hoping that fortunes might change.

• Thanks 1