BANGKOK
stat

Which foreign health insurance companies are accepted for Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay)

They define by maxium baht amount not number of visits. So 30 visits at up to 2000 baht each = 60,000 = meets (exceeds) requirement.

Problem for people with international policies is they don't offer such low cover.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, stat said:

Thanks for the information regarding Hanse Merkur!

Was the certificate accepted at embassy and did you manage to get past immigration with the health insurance certificate?

Not even sure if I will stay longer then one year so will go for longstay but thanks for pointing out the alternative. Main reason for sticking with longstay is that I do not need to do visa runs that take a full day each and cost additional money.

1. it is written clearly in the police order non-oa issue after the 31.10.19 for 1 rst year foreign insurance policies are accepted. no i did not enter the country as i stay here on marriage extension. a member in this german forum nittaya.de posted about hanse merkur.

2. you miss out on the fact that non-o's can be converted into extensions of stay 12 months plus multiple re-entry total cost thb 5700, serving in the same way as non-oa. thereto no health insurance issue. anyway you pay about euro 150 thb 5025 visa fees in germany.

wbr

roobaa01

If you already have insurance and can get it approved for the visa run with it.  Otherwise your best option is to go with one of the companies approved for the extensions.  Otherwise you will have to change insurance again anyway.  Pacific Cross offers the widest range of plans approved for O-A extensions.

Well, isn't this new requirement just grand!!   I am in the enviable position of just starting my OA application, so looks like I'm about a month late to the party since I looked at the new requirements. Immediately logged onto TV for advice.

I have a very comprehensive Aetna health insurance policy in the US.  Saw Aetna on the list of the Thai companies providing the insurance.   Wrote to them to ask if the policy I have in the US will fulfill this requirement.  I feel a runaround coming on.

Anyone have any information on the cost of these Thai based policies??    Criminy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can find info here on the site for insurance. https://longstay.tgia.org/home/companiesoa

Thanks very much Ubonjoe.   You were so incredibly helpful when I got the oa last year.  Unfortunately, that one lapsed in February as I was back in the US caring for sick parents.   Finally have a new opportunity to return, and found this new requirement.  I figured it would be a simple issue of duplicating the documents from my last application.  

I did find the following, so I know I'm looking at another $800/year if I cannot work something else out...........but lots of questions on this so heading to the link you provided.  

image.png.e0f0cebbb4ad9e1b79ebaac9d53ff23b.png 

28 minutes ago, madisongy said:

Anyone have any information on the cost of these Thai based policies??    Criminy.

If you're between 76 and 80 years of age it looks like it will run about 81,000 baht a year. If you're you're between 71 and 75 it's around 69,500 baht a year----at least according to the chart I'm looking at.

My Kaiser Permanente Plan, that covers me here in Thailand, costs me only $1272.00 U.S. dollars a year, which is about 38,460 baht.

52 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

If you're between 76 and 80 years of age it looks like it will run about 81,000 baht a year. If you're you're between 71 and 75 it's around 69,500 baht a year----at least according to the chart I'm looking at.

My Kaiser Permanente Plan, that covers me here in Thailand, costs me only $1272.00 U.S. dollars a year, which is about 38,460 baht.

Thanks for that.  I read elsewhere that the cheapest eligible Pacific Plan is the Standard Extra policy, so 42,000 baht at minimum for me.  I need to find the absolute cheapest plan, since I will be using my Aetna Global policy when I'm in Bkk.   I've got an email into Aetna Thailand right now to see if they will provide the document based on the Aetna policy I already have.   Of course, I tried a similar move with my US Citibank account, and when I tried to do some business at Citi Thailand, they told me that they are considered separate companies.  

Someone mentioned an O visa as an option since my wife is Thai.   There is no insurance requirement, but the visa is only good for 90 days?   Not sure how that's an option. 

Here’s a plan: keep your overseas policy and take out Pacific Cross - 53 000 baht for 65/70 yrs old, and will go up to 90 yrs thereafter. Then take the 50% deductible (of the 400 000 baht cover, you will waive the first 300 000 baht) so the premium is now 25 000 baht a year with a further 10% off the next two years for no claims dropping to 20% third year. 

When/if needed, fall back on the overseas policy for treatment; PC have no objection to you holding 2 policies as long as you only claim on one.

It’s all a pain I know, but 25 000 baht extra for someone who has to keep 800 000 baht on tap, it’s not a killer. You’ll need a medical, estimated by PC to cost between 6/10k..

46 minutes ago, Bogbrush said:

You’ll need a medical, estimated by PC to cost between 6/10k.

What does that mean?

I agree! Me and my (German) wife will go the same way. We both have unlimited and worldwide health insurance already. On the one hand the additional health insurance with Pacific Cross is wasted money, but on the other hand it is the admission ticket to a retirement in Thailand...

6 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

What does that mean?

It means you’ll need a medical prior to acceptance if you are 65+. Its quite extensive (includes chest X-ray/mammogram and blood work) and no doubt will involve non-coverage for existing conditions but as the whole point of my plan is to rely on your overseas cover it’s merely a paper exercise..

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Bogbrush said:

You’ll need a medical, estimated by PC to cost between 6/10k

If it is a full check up then not interested as I will never use the insurance anyway.

Can you or anyone tell me which insurance companies on the list do not require a medical? I'm just interested in filling out an application online and then paying online as no more than that. 

• Like 1