BANGKOK
stat

Which foreign health insurance companies are accepted for Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay)

1 minute ago, Bogbrush said:

It means you’ll need a medical prior to acceptance if you are 65+. Its quite extensive (includes chest X-ray/mammogram and blood work) and no doubt will involve non-coverage for existing conditions but as the whole point of my plan is to rely on your overseas cover it’s merely a paper exercise..

Only for 65+ or is mandatory for everyone?

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

If it is a full check up then not interested as I will never use the insurance anyway.

Can you or anyone tell me which insurance companies on the list do not require a medical? I'm just interested in filling out an application online and then paying online as no more than that. 

No one if you’re 65+. If under 65 then you’d best check the companies websites for their specific requirements.

Just now, Bogbrush said:

No one if you’re 65+. If under 65 then you’d best check the companies websites for their specific requirements.

Yeah, do the leg work. thanks. 

13 minutes ago, Arndt777 said:

I agree! Me and my (German) wife will go the same way. We both have unlimited and worldwide health insurance already. On the one hand the additional health insurance with Pacific Cross is wasted money, but on the other hand it is the admission ticket to a retirement in Thailand...

You should first study your insurance carefully. My German insurance (AXA) don't allow me to have another insurance simultaneously. 

• Like 1

Many people have expressed dissatisfaction with new O-A visa insurance requirements and have given good reasons for that dissatisfaction. 

The requirements are far from the best and efficient scheme possible. 

Since 2015 the UK has had a scheme requiring long-stay people to contribute to the National Health Service (the NHS).

Unfortunately, long-stay people in Thailand have no organisation to lobby the Thai government in their interests and to promote a similar scheme in Thailand. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/17/factcheck-tory-proposals-charge-foreigners-more-use-nhs

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

You expect others to do it for you?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bogbrush said:

You expect others to do it for you?

No. Just information as what this website is all about. I kick down relevant info when I have it so did you misinterpret my reply to you? Again thank you for your replies and for your answers to another OP and did that make you feel proud? I hope so. You seem like an older gent who has all your ducks in a line so no disrespect to you.. As for doing it for me? I'm a big boy with lots of years here already. I'm mid 50's on an O and not retirement and figuring out my next step. Thanks again for all your info. 

Edited by holy cow cm

19 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Only for 65+ or is mandatory for everyone?

Only for over 65

It has been done  already. Please see charts posted on these threads:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1129628-oam-visa-insurance-options/

Use only that chart if you are planning in settling here permanently, it is a shorter chart limited to companies that will ensure over age 60 and guarantee lifetime renewal or renewal to at least age 99.

If you are not [planning on settling here permanently then there are more choices, seer the longer chart in this thread:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1128396-cheat-sheet-for-longstay-insurance-policies/

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It has been done  already. Please see charts posted on these threads:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1129628-oam-visa-insurance-options/

Use only that chart if you are planning in settling here permanently, it is a shorter chart limited to companies that will ensure over age 60 and guarantee lifetime renewal or renewal to at least age 99.

If you are not [planning on settling here permanently then there are more choices, seer the longer chart in this thread:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1128396-cheat-sheet-for-longstay-insurance-policies/

Have been here solid for over 25 years. Came when I was in my thirties. So once you get the insurance, when you get to the age of 65 do they require you to have a physical to renew the policy? Or do they just keep renewing it? I am just planning on getting it and tossing the money away not using the policy as I have a feeling it is going to hit the Non O's pretty soon and if I wait then it will be harder. $750 is nothing when you consider 300k in deductibles. 

If it is a full check up then not interested as I will never use the insurance anyway.

Can you or anyone tell me which insurance companies on the list do not require a medical? I'm just interested in filling out an application online and then paying online as no more than that. 

I believe Pacific Cross reimburses the medical exam if you get a policy afterwards with them. (Of course results of the exam might rule that out if you have significant health problems...)

The least expensive option is PC Standard Extra  taking a 300K deductible. But if you are over 65 you have to pass a medical exam to get it.  Other than PC which policy is cheapest will depend on your age. Those cheapest (relatively speaking; all are expensive) at age 61 are not the cheapest (sic) at age 81. 

12 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I believe Pacific Cross reimburses the medical exam if you get a policy afterwards with them. (Of course results of the exam might rule that out if you have significant health problems...)

The least expensive option is PC Standard Extra  taking a 300K deductible. But if you are over 65 you have to pass a medical exam to get it.  Other than PC which policy is cheapest will depend on your age. Those cheapest (relatively speaking; all are expensive) at age 61 are not the cheapest (sic) at age 81. 

Yeah, I am in my mid fifties now, so once I get a policy with no exam can or will it just be continually renewed till I am 90 or till I die? Meaning is there any magic number once you have a policy that they will insist on an exam to keep the policy running? 60? 65? 70? Again it is a junk policy that will never be used.