rooster59

Prince Andrew says he has no recollection of meeting Epstein accuser

33 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Without them
What would little boys do, Thank heaven

As we all did, Barclays Bank !   LOL

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 1:43 PM, Almer said:

Well he is hardly going to say he remembers it well is he.

The room was dark and she was gagged, could have been anybody.

2 hours ago, Sujo said:

Well if he is charged the trial will be held according to laws at the time of alleged offence

So if someone was found guilty of murdering someone in 1960s, would he be hanged?

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 6:10 PM, Mavideol said:

have to say after (wasting 15 minutes of my time) listening to his mumbling for around 15 minutes couldn't bare it for any longer and the poor guy should have kept his mouth shut, sometimes silence is better than a fake statement and the interview did more damage than good to the crown, mommy must be very disappointed

And he certainly need to lose some weight around his fat neck. What is he....60? 

27 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The room was dark and she was gagged, could have been anybody.

Well it wasn't me.....even though I could have! 

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

So if someone was found guilty of murdering someone in 1960s, would he be hanged?

He is correct, laws are not retrospective. More precise details are needed but on the face of it, Prince Andrew could be charged under the later rules on consent if the offence took place after they were introduced but as the alleged events took place before those rules - they don't apply.  Punishments are not retrospective.

Just a comment, and not particularly to yourself - Thailand has some pretty draconian laws on defamation. I'm not sure if they apply when the subjects of that defamation are outside Thai territory but they certainly do apply to people making 'defamatory' remarks who are within Thai territory, regardless of their residency status. Some comments made on here are getting pretty close to what may be considered to be defamatory.  Members may wish to consider that both Thailand and England have Royal Families and they do know each other.

• Like 1

Just now, KhaoYai said:

He is correct, laws are not retrospective. More precise details are needed but on the face of it, Prince Andrew could be charged under the later rules on consent if the offence took place after they were introduced but as the alleged events took place before those rules - they don't apply.  Punishments are not retrospective.

Just a comment, and not particularly to yourself - Thailand has some pretty draconian laws on defamation. I'm not sure if they apply when the subjects of that defamation are outside Thai territory but they certainly do apply to people making 'defamatory' remarks who are within Thai territory, regardless of their residency status. Some comments made on here are getting pretty close to what may be considered to be defamatory.  Members may wish to consider that both Thailand and England have Royal Families and they do know each other.

I think the judicious use of the word allegedly maybe in order though he isn't covered by 112 and the story is being covered by the Thai press. 

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

and the story is being covered by the Thai press. 

But are the Thai Press making defamatory comments?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

But are the Thai Press making defamatory comments?

The chances of His Royal Highness The Duke of York suing anyone are as close to zero as is possible. In fact in a civil case the burden of proof is lower and I have no doubt he would be doing a 'David Irving' if he ever did. If he is indeed innocent of any crime he should move heaven and earth to provide both the British and US authorities of any evidence he has and do it under oath , and soon.

The civil standard is 'the balance of probabilities', often referred to in judgments as "more likely than not".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(law)

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/11/boris-johnson-must-waive-any-claim-of-immunity-for-prince-andrew/

4 hours ago, roo860 said:

IMG-20191119-WA0010.jpg

"That looks like a fake to me or I have no recollection of being upstairs with those people." 

In 2008, Epstein pleaded guilty to a felony charge of solicitation of prostitution involving a minor, and was sentenced to 18 months in prison; he served 13, and was granted work release, which allowed him to commute to an office outside the jail six days a week. He also registered as a sex offender.

Image result for prince nadrew rolf harris"

E7DD9DD5-B076-410F-B6A4-B9748C5318B5.jpeg

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The chances of His Royal Highness The Duke of York suing anyone are as close to zero as is possible. In fact in a civil case the burden of proof is lower and I have no doubt he would be doing a 'David Irving' if he ever did. If he is indeed innocent of any crime he should move heaven and earth to provide both the British and US authorities of any evidence he has and do it under oath , and soon.

I am aware that there is little chance of him suing but if he did, the proof is there to see and I'm not convinced the law on defamation doesn't apply. I don't think the US authoriries wish to speak to him regarding any offence he may have committed - rather about the activities of Epstein.

As for the British authorities, well nothing has been mentioned about any potential crime yet but in the light of her announcement just yesterday, Victoria Roberts may be called on to either make a formal complaint or retract her statement. She would have to consider though, that in doing so, her activities before and after the alleged offence took place would come to light, as would just how she became involved with Epstein.

Edited by KhaoYai