BANGKOK
PatrickC

Renewing Krungsri visa debit card

Hi,

Does anyone know - to renew a Krungsri visa debit card, if you were a work permit holder at the time you opened the account and applied, however are not now - would this cause any problems?

Can I renew just with a passport?

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the replies. So once the bank account is open, you can keep it open long term and renew the cards when you come back sounds like, without a particular problem.

No problem to renew.   Just go to any Krungsri branch.

Heck, around two weeks ago I got a letter in snail mail from Krungsri saying the particular debit card I had would stop working 1 Dec 2019 as they were doing away with this no annual fee card (guess they can no longer stand a card without an annual fee...banksters can be like that).  Nothing to do with magnetic strip only cards going around Jan 2020 as my card was a chipped card....Krungsri was simply doing away with this particular debit card.

So, I went a local branch (not my home branch where I opened the acct) and picked their card titled "Krungsri Debit."  Their basic card with a Bt200 annual fee.  Took them about 10 minutes to issue me the card....just needed to see my passport and sign a form or two....and pay the initial issue and annual fee.  No drama like in trying to open a bank acct.

Below Krungsri website list their various debit cards alone with associated info, fees, etc.   Disregard the card titled "Krungsri Debit No Annual Fee" as it goes around 1 Dec 2019.

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/en/PersonalBanking/CardProducts/KrungsriDebitcard.html

3 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

Im very sure I would ask at the bank long before I care to ask in a forum.

Well that is the beauty of humanity isn't it - we're each different, and we each have our own way of doing things. Thanks for informing of the way you'd do things - I'll stick to my own way though. 

3 hours ago, Pib said:

No problem to renew.   Just go to any Krungsri branch.

Heck, around two weeks ago I got a letter in snail mail from Krungsri saying the particular debit card I had would stop working 1 Dec 2019 as they were doing away with this no annual fee card (guess they can no longer stand a card without an annual fee...banksters can be like that).  Nothing to do with magnetic strip only cards going around Jan 2020 as my card was a chipped card....Krungsri was simply doing away with this particular debit card.

So, I went a local branch (not my home branch where I opened the acct) and picked their card titled "Krungsri Debit."  Their basic card with a Bt200 annual fee.  Took them about 10 minutes to issue me the card....just needed to see my passport and sign a form or two....and pay the initial issue and annual fee.  No drama like in trying to open a bank acct.

Below Krungsri website list their various debit cards alone with associated info, fees, etc.   Disregard the card titled "Krungsri Debit No Annual Fee" as it goes around 1 Dec 2019.

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/en/PersonalBanking/CardProducts/KrungsriDebitcard.html

Appreciate you included your experience. Helps.

On 11/16/2019 at 10:36 PM, thaitero said:

May this year renewed without problems. I had SETV then.

Thank you - appreciate it.