Sausages at last !

9 hours ago, CharlieH said:

The Cumberland version from the same company ,(king pork) is good too, excellent value at 200 baht for 1kg

Tip ! Buy what you can when you can there is often weeks before re-stock. I buy them buy the case (5pks) to be sure.

Thanks for the tip mate !

Are the pork sausage you like frozen solid ?

I also found some good thin pork sausages in Makro but they suddenly disappeared and not seen any since. Will have to look again.

Never bought the cumberlands myself as too thick for my liking.

In the non frozen section the Nurembergs were also nice but not seen them recently.

3 hours ago, Denim said:

I also found some good thin pork sausages in Makro but they suddenly disappeared and not seen any since. Will have to look again.

In the non frozen section the Nurembergs were also nice but not seen them recently.

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Well they are in the freezer cabinet, certainly not full of herbs like the Cumberland, but a typical English Pork sausage, the thin ones are known as Chipolatas, so yes they 

are Thick English Pork Breakfast sausage.   King Brand in a clear plastic wrapper.

1 minute ago, Huckenfell said:

Well they are in the freezer cabinet, certainly not full of herbs like the Cumberland, but a typical English Pork sausage, the thin ones are known as Chipolatas, so yes they 

are Thick English Pork Breakfast sausage.   King Brand in a clear plastic wrapper.

I'll look again next time I'm in Petchabun , nearest Makro.

16 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Can someone post a photo of these please?

16 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Can someone post a photo of these please?

I can't as i open the pack and repack them in two's for ease. It is a clear pack  KING brand.  Bht 200 

On 11/17/2019 at 4:10 PM, Vacuum said:

Whilst in Thailand, why not enjoy the real thing; Sai Oua?

I do, quite often. I also make my own sausages and burgers, Cumberland, Lamb and mint (when I can get the lamb),. The Bratwurst sausages were a failure. I also have the mix for Go;d pork, pork and leek and pork and apple.

I also like the long coiled Chiang Mai sausage but it is hard to find in Khampaeng Phet.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I do, quite often. I also make my own sausages and burgers, Cumberland, Lamb and mint (when I can get the lamb),. The Bratwurst sausages were a failure. I also have the mix for Go;d pork, pork and leek and pork and apple.

I also like the long coiled Chiang Mai sausage but it is hard to find in Khampaeng Phet.

As soon as i get a mincer i will make my own, got everything i need.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

As soon as i get a mincer i will make my own, got everything i need.

You may also need a sausage stuffer. I bought a vertical one but in retrospect I wish I had bought a horizontal stuffer instead. Loading the vertical stuffer is easy, but for stuffing the sausage casings I found that I needed as many arms as an octopus has tentacles.

Also when you finish stuffing the sausages you, will find enough sausage mix to make several burgers too.

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

You may also need a sausage stuffer. I bought a vertical one but in retrospect I wish I had bought a horizontal stuffer instead. Loading the vertical stuffer is easy, but for stuffing the sausage casings I found that I needed as many arms as an octopus has tentacles.

Also when you finish stuffing the sausages you, will find enough sausage mix to make several burgers too.

I am getting a mincer which is combined with  a stuffer, like i had before, so i know what i need.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

I am getting a mincer which is combined with  a stuffer, like i had before, so i know what i need.

Good for you.

I bought my mincer on sale in NZ where I was working 10 years ago, but I only bought the stuffer last year.

20 hours ago, madmen said:

dumb move starting a thread. They will be sold out next week never to be seen again

Home made Sausages, Melton Mowbury/Gala pork pies, Smoked Mackerel fillets & Sausage rolls are all available to order locally (Samui).

HTH

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Home made Sausages, Melton Mowbury/Gala pork pies, Smoked Mackerel fillets & Sausage rolls are all available to order locally (Samui).

HTH

Where do you get your Pork Pies, i see that TOPS have got English ones, but yet to try them.