BANGKOK
Huckenfell

Sausages at last !

2 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Is this what my mum called Chitterlings  ?

Last time i had them was in the Cafeteria on L1 at Suvarnabuhmi...  very good !

Have great sausages and a good selection of different choices at Bamboo cafe. Hua Thanon. 

On 11/17/2019 at 6:09 PM, Huckenfell said:

Dont know what that is. but if its Thai sausage, i am sure that it is bloody awful.

All sausages, worldwide are a way of using up scraps and less attractive bits of the animal.

The UK banger contains a large amount of cereal paste for binding and texture.

Issan "Saikoa" are fir me by far the best sausages in Thailand .....and 100% better than those appalling hot dog style things served up Everywhere from 7/11s to 5 star resorts. They appear to be made with that separated scrap meat paste treated with ammonium hydroxide, to make it pink.

Issan sausages are surprisingly close to UK style ones, but with a lot more chilli and the occasional noodle instead of cereal paste...

And like traditional UK sausage are served in a sheath of pig's intestine.

On 11/21/2019 at 7:15 PM, Huckenfell said:

Is this what my mum called Chitterlings  ?

Chitterlings are just cooked up intestines.....usually pork

My friend and I tried these a couple of nights ago, with Brooks beans and proper chips, done in a deep fat fryer. Absolutely amazing! Thanks for the tip:)

Those looking for a pic are out of luck. First thing I did was repack them in to smaller bags, so I can pull 2 or 3 out in one go to defrost.

Description: Thick clear plastic bag of 12 frozen thick sausages, with a white no frills label that says something like KINGS sausages ect, with a 200 baht price tag. No other info needed unless they have sold out, and you can't find them.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:18 PM, smily said:

Have great sausages and a good selection of different choices at Bamboo cafe. Hua Thanon. 

Really? I tried them before. No comment.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:14 AM, Airbagwill said:

All sausages, worldwide are a way of using up scraps and less attractive bits of the animal.

The UK banger contains a large amount of cereal paste for binding and texture.

Issan "Saikoa" are fir me by far the best sausages in Thailand .....and 100% better than those appalling hot dog style things served up Everywhere from 7/11s to 5 star resorts. They appear to be made with that separated scrap meat paste treated with ammonium hydroxide, to make it pink.

Issan sausages are surprisingly close to UK style ones, but with a lot more chilli and the occasional noodle instead of cereal paste...

And like traditional UK sausage are served in a sheath of pig's intestine.

Make your own, they can be delicious.

4 minutes ago, Amusements said:

My friend and I tried these a couple of nights ago, with Brooks beans and proper chips, done in a deep fat fryer. Absolutely amazing! Thanks for the tip:)

Those looking for a pic are out of luck. First thing I did was repack them in to smaller bags, so I can pull 2 or 3 out in one go to defrost.

Description: Thick clear plastic bag of 12 frozen thick sausages, with a white no frills label that says something like KINGS sausages ect, with a 200 baht price tag. No other info needed unless they have sold out, and you can't find them.

Thanks, i agree they are very good.

These are the best sausages I've found so far for barbecuing, only problem is at 169 baht a pack it's over a quid a sausage:

sausages.jpg

On 11/20/2019 at 9:53 PM, madmen said:

dumb move starting a thread. They will be sold out next week never to be seen again

Or, conversely, it might create a demand so Makro continues to stock them.

Couldnt find the ones you mentioned in my local Makro but I did find the Bucher Brand which are also good and meaty. They had 3 - Bratwurst, Herb and Chilli (but sadlly the Chilli was sold out). Had not seen them before either.

In the photo they are in the black packaging one row down from the top. Sorry destroyed packaging but they have a FB page https://www.facebook.com/BucherThailand

1377290109_Buchersausages.jpg.d1d4bab18c27fe22d728de4df0000b7d.jpg

Edited by Saltire
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SteveK said:

These are the best sausages I've found so far for barbecuing, only problem is at 169 baht a pack it's over a quid a sausage:

sausages.jpg

You are getting the wrong ones mate !  Go to MAKRO freezer next to Bacon look for KING Brand  in clear pack, 12 sausages 190 Bht.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, delgarcon said:

I tried the sausages last week, excellent, thanks for the info.

Thanks mate, good to know that someone is happy !

On 12/1/2019 at 8:21 AM, Airbagwill said:

Chitterlings are just cooked up intestines.....usually pork

Always Pork !