Prayut wins vote of confidence from majority of Thais: Super Poll

rooster59

after surveying 1,197 Thais  LMAO they have no idea on how statistics work.  Their so called news is a return of 0.000017% of the population, not even worth reading about. Get them to a proper school to learn about statistics before they do any more sampling.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, neeray said:

If the 26 replies here were a poll, he failed miserably. Approval rating only 5%, that being Steven100.

(poll rounded to 20 replies so that I don't have to use a calculator)

Of course the TV farang are going to be negative,  it doesn't matter what this government does the whingers are all here. They can bitch and whine all day long because they are only telling each other the same bla ...bla ..bla. The difference being I like Thailand, it's not perfect but it's a heck of a lot better than other places.

Nothing the government does affects my daily routine, and the Thai's I have spoke to in my village say that the economy is down everywhere, it's not just Thailand and they don't blame or whinge and whine about the government, in fact two families I discussed this with recently were just happy there was stability and security without the fighting.

I like the people and I enjoy living here, I don't wake up every day to have a whinge about everything Thai and it's government.   lol  …..   :jap: 

But I like reading the usual posters who moan & groan, I just pity them as it must be terrible wasting your retirement life staying somewhere one hates. 

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Well done Khun Prayut Chan O Cha. Thailand continues to move forward with infrastructure and many other projects ongoing. As I have said before, more have been done in the past 4 years than the previous 10yrs.

The devil, as always, is in the details. In this case, if you look carefully enough it's clear to see.

"Noppadon said the poll on the Thai confidence index used quantitative and qualitative research techniques after surveying 1,197 Thais from all regions and a range of professions.

The data was collected from November 10-15 and has been analysed to create the confidence index in which a number above 100 reflects positive confidence while a number below 100 represents lack of confidence."

So there's "qualitative research techniques" being used in a poll? Bit curious. Polls tend to be quantitative. But how did he reach his conclusions? The data was "analyzed to create the confidence index" and then a random number was assigned to achieve the desired result.

This is an embarrassingly amateurish attempt to generate positive spin. If the government is so confident in the people's trust, why are they continuing to rig elections where a more "quantitative" result might be expected?

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

Of course the TV farang are going to be negative,  it doesn't matter what this government does the whingers are all here. They can bitch and whine all day long because they are only telling each other the same bla ...bla ..bla. The difference being I like Thailand, it's not perfect but it's a heck of a lot better than other places.

Nothing the government does affects my daily routine, and the Thai's I have spoke to in my village say that the economy is down everywhere, it's not just Thailand and they don't blame or whinge and whine about the government, in fact two families I discussed this with recently were just happy there was stability and security without the fighting.

I like the people and I enjoy living here, I don't wake up every day to have a whinge about everything Thai and it's government.   lol  …..   :jap: 

But I like reading the usual posters who moan & groan, I just pity them as it must be terrible wasting your retirement life staying somewhere one hates. 

“Nothing the government does affects my daily routine”

Well, as long as you’re okay, who cares? No wonder you’re a Prayut sycophant - he has zero empathy as well. 

“the Thai’s I have spoke to in my village say that the economy is down everywhere”

Funny, you said not that long ago that Prayut was shaping a strong economy. Did you think that buying superfluous military hardware was synonymous with a strong economy? I’ll tell you what Prayut is good at; taking credit but never responsibility. 

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Totally wrong headline..... Correct headline is Majority of super rich HI-SOs give vote of confidence.

The general public were ignored, as the would have voted against little P.

You beat me to it Colin, nobody I know in our village ever says "I answered questions for a political poll". My wife never comes home and tells me that there are pollsters in the village. The nearest thing to news here was when Yingluck said she would visit. They spent days cleaning the OTOP hall, erecting tents, speakers and amplifiers and laying out tables and chairs, then she didn't show.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

i do not know if he or his friends are actually doing anything. They making headlines by going here or there, meeting someone here or there but nothing seems to come out from it

He's a man of plans and strategies not actions and results.

And the Super Poll from October 20, 2019

Super Poll conducted qualitative and quantitative research on 1,069 people from a wide range of occupations nationwide between October 15th and 19th.

Super Poll director Noppadol Kannikar said today (Sunday) that one interesting finding was that 67.2% of respondents admitted that they prefer not to take sides, with the Government or Opposition, because both are currently under-performing and they want to wait to assess their performance.

From Super Hubs to Super Polls?

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/majority-of-people-not-yet-siding-with-government-or-opposition-super-poll/

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The majority of Thai people have expressed confidence in the government of Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, according to a survey by Super Poll Research Centre.

In which paddy did you do this survey?
Or, maybe you did it in a military barracks!

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Without any citation of the poll's confidence factor (s/b min. 95%) and "margin of error" (s/b max. 3-4%), any conclusions drawn from poll results would be scientifically random. Lack of analysis and adequate correction for sources of margin of error can contribute to a false poll result. https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polling-and-public-opinion/polling-fundamentals

Because the subject poll survey does not denote any such rigorous considerations and conclusions drawn from the poll must be, therefore, treated as arbitrary. 

4 hours ago, legend49 said:

after surveying 1,197 Thais  LMAO they have no idea on how statistics work.  Their so called news is a return of 0.000017% of the population, not even worth reading about. Get them to a proper school to learn about statistics before they do any more sampling.

Or, teach them how to read the daily news.

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

and I thought they created a cabinet to supervise all and any potential Fake News.... guess it's not working

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

Well done Khun Prayut Chan O Cha. Thailand continues to move forward with infrastructure and many other projects ongoing. As I have said before, more have been done in the past 4 years than the previous 10yrs.

Capture.khunprayut1.PNG.139190a41b17284779a2ccffcafa3d44.PNG

Just keep licking boots so your master does not have to buy shoe polish

18 hours ago, colinneil said:

Totally wrong headline..... Correct headline is Majority of super rich HI-SOs give vote of confidence.

The general public were ignored, as the would have voted against little P.

I do totally agree with you I have over 2500 friends on Facebook, ranging from 20 to 60 years old

and every body hates him. 

They probably limited the people they questioned to government employees. Regardless, it is a complete fake poll. The vast majority are highly unsatisfied with the way he is running the economy, with the way he is destroying the once highly profitable tourism market, and with the extreme corruption, that continues unabated. And most now despise the army. They have overextended their stay, and the youth will eventually push them out of politics. 

On 11/17/2019 at 1:11 AM, TooBigToFit said:

This is a Thai "Poll" company. Take a look at the website:

https://www.superpollthailand.net/

Look at the owner's claims about himself.  He literally claims to have a masters from University of Michigan, Georgetown, and studied at Thammasat and Chula on different sites. It just looks wacky and unbelievable.

https://psm.isr.umich.edu/kannika

https://th.linkedin.com/in/noppadon-kannika-8312908a

Super poll (called before: researchers association for community happiness) was initially created by the military and headed by a General. It has been famous for publishing polls showing a 90+% satisfaction rate about the Junta.

Archived