Thousands of police to be deployed for pope’s visit

rooster59

Thousands of police to be deployed for pope’s visit

By The Nation

800_3f263bc74310054.jpg

Some 6,000 police officers from the Metropolitan Police Bureau and Provincial Police Region 7 will be deployed to facilitate movement of traffic and provide security during Pope Francis’s three-day visit to Thailand. The pope arrives on November 20.

Assistant Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police, Pol Lt-General Damrongsak Kittiprapat, on Friday urged people to avoid using Rama I, Phya Thai and Banthat Thong roads from 1pm to 8pm on November 21 as some 50,000 people were expected to welcome the pope.

“We would like to ask people to use public transport to enter the area, while the Metropolitan Police Bureau will announce alternative routes to avoid the area within next week,” he said.

“We have taken measures to provide security such as checkpoints to screen people who will attend the event, in addition to working with the security department to cope with serious incidents,” he said.

The Metropolitan Police Bureau will rehearse safety drills and announce the opening of the Security Centre to welcome the pope on Tuesday.

Related Stories:

Pope’s visit includes meetings with King, PM

Pope Francis to visit Thailand as pilgrim of peace in November

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378407

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-17

I am from Rome and I can testify the shameful intrusion of this "man in white" on Italian political sovereignty. His advent was a real coup d'état within the criminal state of the Vatican.
Now, will he come to Thailand to talk about opening up ports to illegals and undocumented migrants who are being posed as refugees? Will he come to talk about civil rights that erase social rights? Will he come to talk about the non-compliance with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Thailand? Will he come and look for new believers in the typical fashion of the modern Roman Church open to the East, South America and Africa?

Or will he come and talk about business?
In Rome, I live 7 kilometers from the Vatican, but I never went to listen to a single word from this freemason pot seller. 

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

If so, mods  might as well close the thread.

I doubt that it would be enforced, but the law is clear. I am quite sure it has never been used in the case of a foreign monarch. The fact that the Pope is a religious leader might make the difference.

1 hour ago, KhunFred said:

I doubt that it would be enforced, but the law is clear. I am quite sure it has never been used in the case of a foreign monarch. The fact that the Pope is a religious leader might make the difference.

Did you forget where you are?

I put nothing past the Thais, no matter how absurd and counter productive. That law is used as a weapon. If it could be used against a rival, you can bet the farm it will be used.

5 hours ago, KhunFred said:

It is well to remember that the Pope is covered by the Lese Majeste law. This surprised me, but all monarchs foreign and domestic are protected.

LOL, All Hail the King.

Is his kingdom any bigger than Lumpini Park?

6,000 police for the head of state of a place with less than 1,000 passport holders, none of whom were born there including him. Will he be donating the receipts from his gatherings to cover the costs of all this.

Will the ladies of the Thai Royal Family be required to wear black in his presence? This is or used to be a requirement for non-RC ladies.

On 11/17/2019 at 7:02 PM, ChipButty said:

Most Thai people that I know are not interested and want to know why he's coming here, For What?

He comes to see the Siam fighting fish first, after that the fighting roosters, then a thaiboxing fight is on the program and to end this great day the ladyboys will sing for him the 'Haleluja' .

On 11/17/2019 at 1:29 PM, kevinmartyn said:

I went to an all boys RC school from age of 5 to 18! It came to my attention at the age of 9 that many RC parish priests were abusing young children and the "Pope" burried his head in the sand! Bottom line i am now left with zero trust for the pope and the catholic church!

The most public case of the turning of the blind eye was when Pope Francis appointed Australian Cardinal George Pell to take up the duty of care of the finances of the Vatican. This was despite the Church being aware of complaints about Pell’s character dating back more than 20 years.

George Pell is now on record as the most senior priest to have been jailed for child abuse in the 2000 year history of the Catholic Church.

I hope this is lesson learned and is now behind Pope Francis and the Catholic Church and that Thailand gives him a warm and rousing welcome.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/cardinal-pell-the-highest-vatican-official-to-face-justice-over-abuse-appeals-guilty-verdict/2019/08/20/e9646c86-c2b6-11e9-8bf7-cde2d9e09055_story.html

Archived