ETDA introduces Digital ID authentication for online banking

ETDA introduces Digital ID authentication for online banking

Tanakorn Sangiam

6f610aa135f706a70d068f90f6861de2_small.jpg

Digital technology has been heavily utilized by the government to achieve Thailand 4.0 development goals, help improve government services, and facilitate businesses. Ten financial institutions have announced their preparedness to pilot Digital ID, a service for user authentication at a We are Ready for Thailand Digital ID event.

The Electronic Transactions Development Agency (ETDA), and National Digital ID (NDID) have developed Digital ID, a central user authentication system on a blockchain platform which provides better personal data protection and security.

Digital ID can be used by banks and other agencies to authenticate online users. The system requires connected platforms such as online banking clients to comply with the same security requirements.

The system will first be adopted by 10 financial institutions which will be testing the integration and data sharing capabilities between their own online banking systems and Digital ID. Once implemented and operational, customers will no longer be required to visit a bank when making transactions.

The ETDA is aimed at expanding Digital ID implementation at other government agencies and private companies, to provide greater convenience to the general public who can safely make transactions or contact government agencies quicker, easier, and more securely.

nnd.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2019-11-17

This stinks of as Smedly points out tracking spying. 

On returning to the UK after 9 years in Thailand it has shown me how far behind Thailand is and from my experience have stagnated since 2005. My wife gets treated the same as me with and gets exactly the same banking as me. I can do everything on line even open accounts, pay bills and if I want to talk to someone 24/7. Example Thursday night at 10pm I tried to open a savings isa but couldn't so phoned up thinking I would get a phone back in the morning but got to talk to an English guy who explained I could only open 1 isa every 12 months, he then explained I could open two accounts one that basically gives me £3 a month plus cash back by paying things online which is what I do which I can open a savings account which gave me just under an isa rate which he did for me and also said I qualify for a credit card and an overdraft I said overdraft and bang it was done. Transferred money into the new account straight way. Now when Thailand can offer Thai and expats the same as that I will be in pressed. 

Archived