Save my O in Thailand

I have a Non O issued in Washington DC 2014 w/extensions (ret) since.  I'm 70yr USA so local health ins is worthless given I have 3 dif ins coverages from retirement benefits. Not all ins coverage will apply here but some do.

My Th/USA wife (40+yr has no IM issues) resides w/ me in TH on long term lease. (kk)

My current EOS espires early Feb2020. I have more than adequate means but buying another ins pol is contrary to logic.

I realize I'm cutting it close but I can have funds in TH bank act within a week, already have accounts and methods for xfer.

1.  If I have B40,000 in bank reflecting intl xfer with in 10 days will that suffice for Non O extension based on "stay with family in TH"

2.  What process/docs-et al will I need in the case of question #1 ? 

3.  I will appreciate any positive response but my priority is expert level, i.e. UBJoe.

Thanks in advance for response.

4 minutes ago, MiclB said:

Since I have been out of Th for med work I have lost track, if there is one, for what docs and prep do I need to take to IMO (kk) ?

For an extension based upon marriage this is my general list. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

For retirement it depends upon what you will be using for financial proof.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

You said extension based on Stay with Thai Family. That is a bit different than marriage or did you mean marriage?.

Hey Matzon why the confused reaction? There is a big difference. For one, based on family do not need to season 400k in the bank or need a marriage cert or Kor Ror 2 or for that fact keep 400k in the bank or 200k ongoing.

25 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

For one, based on family do not need to season 400k in the bank or need a marriage cert or Kor Ror 2 or for that fact keep 400k in the bank or 200k ongoing.

Actually an extension based upon family does not exist. This is the title of clause 2.18 of the police order.

"2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children):"

You are referring to one for being the parent of a Thai. That requires a birth certificate and proof you are legally their parent by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood.

There is no requirement to have the 400k baht in the bank for any amount of time.

Where are you getting the 200k baht number from? There is no such requirement for an extension based upon marriage or being the parent of a Thai.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually an extension based upon family does not exist. This is the title of clause 2.18 of the police order.

"2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children):"

You are referring to one for being the parent of a Thai. That requires a birth certificate and proof you are legally their parent by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood.

There is no requirement to have the 400k baht in the bank for any amount of time.

Where are you getting the 200k baht number from? There is no such requirement for an extension based upon marriage or being the parent of a Thai.

It had been previously mentioned by many reports quite some time before that 200k would need to be held for marriage extensions but it never was on the books. That also has a seasoning period as I gather. If that got dropped then at least some good news. As we can put it anyway you want to, so: for being a family member of THAI being parent of child, no seasoning is required. I think the requirements are a little more slack than that of having a THAI spouse. That is unless I am confused on the subject. Either way doesn’t matter because the poster seems to be in a good position. 

9 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

It had been previously mentioned by many reports quite some time before that 200k would need to be held for marriage extensions but it never was on the books.

I have never seen a report the 200k baht needing to be in the bank after the extension was approved. Perhaps supposition by some people after the rules changed for retirement requiring 400k baht to be kept in the bank.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If your original entry in 2014 was from a non-o visa you do not need to worry about insurance.

You would need a year of 40k baht transfers from abroad to apply for an extension based upon marriage. Or you could put 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months.

Hi Joe

Off topic a little. 

I have a Non O based on married to a Thai national and would like to know after the first 90 days can i use the fact that i have been depositing 100,000 Baht into my Kasikorn for many years instead of the 400,000 in my Thai bank for 3 months. 

Can i use this for my extension? 

Regards

49 minutes ago, misterphil said:

Can i use this for my extension? 

You could if you can show the previous 12 months of it being transferred from abroad.

But if 50 or over immigration might insist you do it based upon retirement due it being enough for an extension based upon retirement

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You could if you can show the previous 12 months of it being transferred from abroad.

But if 50 or over immigration might insist you do it based upon retirement due it being enough for an extension based upon retirement

I have my UK bank statements along with the Transferwise transactions and the deposits into my Kasikorn. 

Is this suffice? 

Im under 50. 

Thanks

26 minutes ago, misterphil said:

I have my UK bank statements along with the Transferwise transactions and the deposits into my Kasikorn. 

For proof the funds came from abroad using Transferwise for proof would depend upon the office you apply at.

Some insist on seeing proof from your bank they came from abroad.

• Thanks 1