Front-end Alignment

CALSinCM

I've been taking my car to the original dealership for service since I first purchased it.  But I don't trust the quality of their work. 

I've noticed that the front tires have uneven wear.  The outsides of the front tires are very worn compared to the rubber on the insides.  That wear should have been noticed during normal schedule maintenance, but obviously not at my dealer's service department.  In fact, they were the last one's to align the front-end of the car.  According to what I've read on the Internet the problem is due to mis-alignment of 'toe'. 

So, the wear is significant enough that I want to purchase new rubber for safety sake.  But I'll want a professional alignment from a trustworthy shop.  Can anyone make recommendation for a shop that does alignment that you personally trust?

The wear is similar to that pictured.  This is not my tire, but just an example of the wear pattern. My tires still have tread.
image.jpg.d184db4c433e4602b878d01579fb734e.jpg

You want to go to a good tire store, they do alignments all day.  Pro Auto or another I like is at a big Michelin Sign,  Super Highway access road going West about 80 meters before the intersection of the road to Mae Rim, Chotana Road. Big tire shop, reliable.  He has in stock some tires that Pro Auto has to order taking a few days.

The original tires are Bridgestones and I plan to replace the tires with same Bridgestone Ecopia that came with the new car.  The rear tires are in excellent condition so I'd rather stick with what I have.  I believe A.C.T in front of Makro carries Bridgestones.  Not sure about Pro-Auto.

On 11/17/2019 at 2:10 PM, Dante99 said:

You want to go to a good tire store, they do alignments all day.  Pro Auto or another I like is at a big Michelin Sign,  Super Highway access road going West about 80 meters before the intersection of the road to Mae Rim, Chotana Road. Big tire shop, reliable.  He has in stock some tires that Pro Auto has to order taking a few days.

That is the only tire shop we have bought our tires from in 12 years. They have top of the line alignment equipment purchased from the USA.

The do great work there - many Mercedes, BMW....etc. all day. Owner is a very good guy.

On 11/17/2019 at 6:54 PM, MeePeeMai said:

A tire rotation at the proper intervals would help.

Considering I have an alignment problem, rotation would have just ruined the rear set of tires too.  Those tires are still in excellent condition. 

On 11/17/2019 at 6:58 PM, KhaoYai said:

That type of wear may not be simply be an alignment problem - its likley but not certain.  When you get it checked have all suspension bushes and ball joints checked BEFORE having the alignment re-set.

(Ex Mechanic)

Considering that I'm not a mechanic, I'm sort of at the mercy of whatever shop I take the car to.  The vehicle is only 2.5 years old and it supposed was aligned by the vehicles dealer's service department when after I had a rubber boot replaced that had been damaged.  I'm completely dependent on mechanics to diagnose and repair the problem. 
This is exactly why I'm asking about reputable shops that TV members can recommend. 

Archived