Squeezed or scammed?

Beowolf

Before this story began, I had no experience with trading in any way, shape or form.

I have lived in Thailand for a number of years. I am 63 years old and a Norwegian citizen. After my divorce 5 years ago, I have been a single father of a 9 year old girl.

Here goes the story:

This incident took place the 16th of September. I received a call from a guy, (I guess I`m not allowed to name names) and worked for (removed)

A few days earlier I had purchased Libracoin (Facebook) for 250 us. But I did not receive a wallet. I thought it would be fun to have this on my phone to “play” with. I am no gambler, I don`t even buy lotto tickets. I mailed them and the guy called me back.

He said, no problem, I fix a wallet for you. Then he asked me to install something called “Anydesk,” a program where he can see my screen and control my mouse.

First he opened my bank account, because he needed to see witch account he would attach my Libracoin wallet to. (He probably also took note of my other accounts, witch he later emptied out).

Then he went to a cryptocoin site, Jubiter.com, wrote 4000 and clicked “buy.” I got scared, and asked: “You didn`t buy anything, did you?” He said, “No, no, this was just a reservation.” (whatever that means).

My phone pinged, and he asked me to give him the number that came up. and I did. The worst decision of my life. At this time, I had no idea what an OTP number was. And it all happened very fast.

He thanked me, and told me all was in order with my Libracoin wallet.

After he hung up, I checked my account, and 4000 us dollar was gone. Now he had my 4000 US as a hostage. Not in so many words, he told me if I didn`t play along, I`d loose the money, or if I did as I was told, I would get a nice bonus.

I was furious, but what could I do? I checked up the company on the internet: they had mostly bad reviews, but I couldn`t find anybody they actually had stolen money from.

So when he called me the next day, I decided to play along. I followed him like a rat in the story of The pied piper of Hamelin. In the end, 74.000 us dollar, everything I had, was gone. All the time telling me that all would be fine, this was just normal business practice. And they promised me a big fat bonus, almost the double of what I had paid. (if it sounds to good to be true -)

Now they want more. I need to deposit 15.000 US in my account, before they will send me back 105.000 US. If this is their “fee” why can`t they just keep the “fee” and send me the rest? But they insist they only need to see that I have the money, and not withdraw anything. I know I have been stupid, careless and naive, but what can I do?

But I am in a desperate situation, and I will deposit the 15.000 US. (Luckily I still have some very good friends) This is either a fraud, or a very brutal way of squeezing money out of beginners. I have a copy of every transaction done on my Mastercard, and I recorded the last phone conversations we had. I am convinced that this is something they have done a lot of times. There will be lot of other victims out there.

I can`t stay in Thailand with no money, and I can`t get a passport for my daughter. She will be left alone with no family. Just thinking of that rips my heart to pieces. I`m writing to this forum as a desperate measure. Is there anything that can be done to get my money back? At least some of it? I`ll be grateful for any advice.

Her mother probably lives in another country with a new sugar daddy. I have no contact with her or with her family.

I know that in every case like this, I am obliged to contact the local police, but they don`t speak English, and I know nothing will be done. Even if they did write a rapport on this, it will be in Thai, and nobody outside Thailand would understand it. I will also inform Mastercard in Thailand. But I guess it will take about a year before they answer to say it`s nothing they can do.

And still no sign of my Libracoin wallet.

And I forgot to say that the same ting happened once before. I deposited the 15.000 US, and they just took it. Later the guy from the billing department admitted it was his fault. But we have to do the same thing again. Another 15.000 US. But now I know what OTP means.

Wiik.PNG

"But I am in a desperate situation, and I will deposit the 15.000 US."

<deleted> didn't you lose enough already, you won't get it back, you lose more. He has taking over control of your computer and bank accounts so that thing is a liability. Go to the police (DSI) and stop wasting money.

1 minute ago, kevin612 said:

This is a scam, don’t even think about getting those money back, especially those rules requested more money. Expect to lose the 4000 and do not put any more money for this scam.

Sounds like a bit more than just 4,000. The OP mentions '74,000  in total' plus an earlier 15k+ 15k. Now  talking about a further 15k. He is a scammers wet dream.

Throwing good money after bad comes to mind......

Standing on the edge of the abyss, it`s all very heart warming with the mockery and good jokes. And I had already pointed out that I have been an idiot.

The point of this story was actually not to give you all a good laugh, but it would be helpful to know if anybody has had contact with the before mentioned trading company "TopTradePro."

36 minutes ago, Beowolf said:

Standing on the edge of the abyss, it`s all very heart warming with the mockery and good jokes. And I had already pointed out that I have been an idiot.

The point of this story was actually not to give you all a good laugh, but it would be helpful to know if anybody has had contact with the before mentioned trading company <removed>

https://www.scamwatcher.org/toptradepro-review/

Or maybe this Scamwatcher is another s

OP : You have headed this topic with the question 'squeezed or scammed?'

You have been totally scammed.

As you seem to acknowledge even if the Thai police get involved you will not get your money back.

But surely you ought to make a police report as somewhere down the line with a young daughter your circumstances may be relevant to her situation.

You need to accept you have lost the money and deal with your life now on that basis.

34 minutes ago, orchis said:

On July 24 you stated your daughter HAS a Norwegian passport and you were going to apply for a Thai passport.

Since you obviously are a big fan and follow every move I make, I can put your mind to rest: you can`t leave Thailand on a empty passport!

17 minutes ago, Beowolf said:

Since you obviously are a big fan and follow every move I make, I can put your mind to rest: you can`t leave Thailand on a empty passport!

oops.     

hmmmmmm .   

3 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

sorry,  although I know scams happen I don't believe this story as real..

it is hard to believe......... but you never know.     

At any rate, been a slow day on TV so this should keep the posts flowing

like money down the drain

I have heard of similar stories, sort of.  Guy borrows $1000 USD to pay back $100,000 and then soon the sucker gets to borrow another $1000 and then a few hundred here and a few hundred there and soon it's close to $5000 and the guy fails to admit he is being scammed.  You wanted to lose $250 and I can't believe some guy gave a stranger information to his bank account.  If real, then he likely didn't work for that money since he didn't treat it that way.  I've been asked for money only about five times in Thailand, and I won't give someone 200 baht if they ask.   I've given away many, many items (not money) to Thais but not to farangs.  This guy is lost at 63 and this is what happens.  

OK:  I re-read the post and it seems 100% fake.  Nobody would talk about losing 15,000 in such a laid back manner.  yea, i'm calling fake unless he starts showing bank statements.  lol

Archived