Non - O at savankhet

For heavens sake don't take your wife's original ID card, unless she has a passport to cross into Lao.

Once I was there a bloke had his wife's ID plus copy not signed. Instead of just signing it she had to come with her sister. Her sister then crossed into Lao, consulate has his passport, retrieve her ID card, take it back over, get signed, then she brought it back.

You never know if she'll have to bring something...

Ah, Savannkhet! The endless joys... 

12 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

What do you mean with never? Never ever?

Most pens have blueish ink, perhaps it's time to go out a bit more? ????

I only have black pens on my desk.....But, I did have blue in the ink wells in my school desk.....????‍????

12 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

What do you mean with never? Never ever?

Most pens have blueish ink, perhaps it's time to go out a bit more? ????

Off topic. When I was a kid I had this big yellow biro pen with multiple ink tubes and you could push down one at a time to select one, be it, blue, black, green, grey etc etc. I still recall my English teacher shouting 'jacko, why are you writing with a banana'... quick as a flash I replied, 'because my orange has run out of juice'....

Edited by jacko45k

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Off topic. When I was a kid I had this big yellow biro pen with multiple ink tubes and you could push down one at a time to select one, be it, blue, black, green, grey etc etc. I still recall my English teacher shouting 'jacko, why are you writing with a banana'... quick as a flash I replied, 'because my orange has run out of juice'....

They still sell these, very retro.

18 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

Why in the world would you leave any original document at home even if a check list dont say that you need it.Is it really to heavy to bring all the possible documentation you may have in case they ask for it. Im just tired of jumping when they say so.More fun to pull it out when they are trying to make things hard for you.Until they run out of options and give in.

Folk like you just make things more complex for people...YOU DO NOT NEED ORIGINAL ID CARD AND HOUSE BOOK....it really is THAT SIMPLE...STOP confusing things!

2 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Folk like you just make things more complex for people...YOU DO NOT NEED ORIGINAL ID CARD AND HOUSE BOOK....it really is THAT SIMPLE...STOP confusing things!

That is correct, but, I always take them, why, because you never know.....????

23 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

Why in the world would you leave any original document at home even if a check list dont say that you need it.Is it really to heavy to bring all the possible documentation you may have in case they ask for it. Im just tired of jumping when they say so.More fun to pull it out when they are trying to make things hard for you.Until they run out of options and give in.

This is some good logic, I tend take bit more than needed and also have blank signed A4 in case need reprint something at a copy shop .

I never failed on any official paperwork and been able resolve issues on the spot due to little bit belt and braces approach.

With current trend of things being more difficult and rules changing daily it very sensible and efficient be sensibly over prepared ...

10 hours ago, ferango73 said:

Can you only get a non o visa the day your visa actually runs out. I wanted to go a few weeks before the expiry date. If u get refused can u come back in on a visa exempt?

Why apply for a new visa if the one you have is a multiple entry visa before it expires. You can use the visa to get a new entry on or before it expires.

If refused due to it not being expired you would still get the entry from it that is allowed.