Bed Linen and Dust

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought the biggest source of dust was dead human skin?

This is a serious reply and not intended to be rude to you. Based on observations on some of your answers. Ie worrying about dust, worrying about the cost of a washing machine/linin and not sleep

Buy an air filter! 

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

??  Your linen is collecting dust or somehow creating dust?  

Cotton is the normal constituent in bed linen.

The linen creates a lot of dust. You can see the fibers even in other rooms. And I clean my bedroom (because of this) every day. I have some furniture with black glass on top. There you see everything. I could buy different furniture... but this will not fix the real problem. 

I looked a lot already on Google. I seem to be the only one with this problem. But of course can't be. Perhaps I need a special material. 

4 minutes ago, Beggar said:

The linen creates a lot of dust. You can see the fibers even in other rooms. And I clean my bedroom (because of this) every day.

I suppose you have run them through the wash and problem persists?  Maybe try a different detergent and/or rinse.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

I suppose you have run them through the wash and problem persists?  Maybe try a different detergent and/or rinse.

They have been washed so many times already. I tried with softener. After I put them on the bed I even used the vacuum cleaner on them. But it doesn't change anything at all. This has been getting on my nerves for years already and I googled a lot. I can't believe that there is no fix. But on the other hand I could not find one. I am not a linen expert. But perhaps there is a better quality. Or perhaps it is like this and I have to live with it. But it is a lot of dust every day. 

Edited by Beggar
3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

SWMBO said that our new front loading washing machine produces much less dusty items, so that could be your problem and solution.

I do not want to buy a new washing machine and in the worst case get the same result 😉

yes I get the same. dust comes of all my washing once dried, more from some things than others.

I give it a good shake outside before bringing it in. seems normal to me.

• Thanks 1