BANGKOK
Beggar

Bed Linen and Dust

3 hours ago, hansnl said:

Isn't this getting out of hand?

The guy thinks his cotton linen creates dust in his bed. So what do you think? 😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This is a serious reply and not intended to be rude to you.

Based on observations on some of your answers. Ie worrying about dust, worrying about the cost of a washing machine/linin and not sleeping, worrying about getting a front loader in case the washing falls on the floor. The issue you have it seems is that you may have OCD (Obsessive -Compulsive Disorder). Examine if I am right and if there are other things in your life that concern you excessively and you may have your answer.

Edited by jimn
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

<deleted>???   If the cotton  linens are your problem and have been for years.  Get rid of the problem.  Polyester sheets and pillowcases have been around for years.

I don't think you will be happy long term with synthetics though.  look up the con's of using polyester.  I don't think static will be a major problem given Thais humidity and lack of dryers.

You might be better served purchasing  very high quality  cotton bedding, Egyptian perhaps or Turkish.  Cheap cotton sheets can shed like a malamute in July

1 hour ago, alanrchase said:

Your picture seems to show a few fibres and a lot of particles. Try a liquid detergent as the powder you are using may not be fully dissolving.

This might be a reason. The washing powder might be fully dissolved but for sure not completely removed when rinsing. And then in addition to the fibers it might be part of the dust. 

I think many people don't realize this problem so much because they might not have black furniture. On bright surfaces it will take a while until you see the dust. But it is there. 

I got enough ideas what I could do and I thank you very much for your support. For me this topic is now closed. Thank you again.