Smart Tv vs Android

Outbackoz

Some reading for anyone that's into this sort of thing. 

Netflix considers these Streaming Media Players to be only ones certified to play Netflix HD video:

There’s also initial reports from CNX-Software that the new WeTek Core will be able to play Netflix HD video, but not 4K as of yet.

If you’re looking for your favorite Android TV box on the Netflix HD Android TV list, don’t bother. Android TV boxes like the MINIX NEO U1 or Zidoo X1 don’t run the official Android TV OS, so Netflix doesn’t consider them in that category either.

More:

https://androidpcreview.com/netflix-hd-android-tv-box/

21 hours ago, Thainesss said:

I'm pretty sure my Xiaomi MiBox (U.S. version) came pre-loaded with Netflix and is Netflix certified, and even says so in the device information details under settings.

I don't own the newer MiBox S (U.S.) model, Though its remote has a dedicated Netflix button, so I'm assuming it's also OK.

1885702034_2019-11-2013_07_36.jpg.f0f13b7ef8f0a95c1bd8f23175b7f8f7.jpg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xiaomi-Mi-Box-S-4K-HDR-Android-TV-with-Google-Assistant-Remote-Streaming-Media-Player/677842593

In the past, I believe, Xiaomi often has made at least two different flavors of their streaming devices, one flavor made for the Chinese and related markets, and one for the U.S. and/or international markets.

It's the Chinese versions that often don't have the full certifications a user might expect. But the U.S. versions do. However, online sources like Lazada and similar outlets in Asia are often carrying and advertising the Xiaomi devices made for the Chinese market. So you have to be careful in shopping.

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm pretty sure my Xiaomi MiBox (U.S. version) came pre-loaded with Netflix and is Netflix certified, and even says so in the device information details under settings.

I don't own the newer MiBox S (U.S.) model, Though its remote has a dedicated Netflix button, so I'm assuming it's also OK.

1885702034_2019-11-2013_07_36.jpg.f0f13b7ef8f0a95c1bd8f23175b7f8f7.jpg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xiaomi-Mi-Box-S-4K-HDR-Android-TV-with-Google-Assistant-Remote-Streaming-Media-Player/677842593

In the past, I believe, Xiaomi often has made at least two different flavors of their streaming devices, one flavor made for the Chinese and related markets, and one for the U.S. and/or international markets.

It's the Chinese versions that often don't have the full certifications a user might expect. But the U.S. versions do. However, online sources like Lazada and similar outlets in Asia are often carrying and advertising the Xiaomi devices made for the Chinese market. So you have to be careful in shopping.

Global version are sold everywhere.

Whatever you do, don't buy a Sony Bravia.  Since the last Android update they continually reboot.  I bought a new one and still have an old one.  Both have suffered with the same problem.  You will become an expert and doing a factory reset which takes nearly 30 minutes.  I have always bought Sony because they were good quality.  But, the the Android TV is a pain

Archived