Pulled aside in Chiang Mai

10 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

as long as it is what THEY want eh ?

i want a 10 year multi entry marriage visa with a single report per year.  

It's called permanent residency, which you should get if you want to live in Thailand permanently

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Totoandlilly said:

Is it illegal to live in Thailand on those visas? Not everyone are married/old enough to get the retirement visa or dumb enough to pay a tons of money for a elite visa. As long as he is not working illegally,are a criminal etc there shouldn't be a problem, people that spend money should been treated like a criminals, time the Thai immigration starts to require background check from home country and show you have money from that are earned not in Thailand so they can continue live here on whatever visa they want as there are no options for those.

One day the might hit the retirees harder and most of you will moan, some if you guys thinks they because you have retirement visa means you are immune to be affected, no you are not.

Easy there tiger.  I'm 34,so not a retiree,and I just asked a simple question in regards to his recent history, as I spend a lot of time in Thailand on tourist visas myself. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ventenio said:

I understand, but I would have a plan B in place so you aren't emotionally connected to one place.  Laos or Vietnam or somewhere close.  I see too many people begging as if their life depends on it to stay in LOS, only because they have no idea what to do if you are denied entry.  Next time you leave the country, pack everything like you're not coming back.  I worried a few times, then made some other plans in case i have problems, and now i never worry because it can be a win for me if they don't let me in.  not retirement age.  

Vietnam is my plan B because I can get the business visa but I like Thailand a lot more 

6 minutes ago, Keepitmovin said:

Vietnam is my plan B because I can get the business visa but I like Thailand a lot more 

I am surprised they let you in because they have been refusing entries to those so-called 'tourists' who stay long term in Thailand.

You might not be lucky the next time. 

2 hours ago, Totoandlilly said:

Is it illegal to live in Thailand on those visas?

Yes, it is illegal because there is a maximum number of days in a year that you can stay in Thailand on a tourist visa.

Can anybody live in your home country 12 months every year on a tourist visa alone doing visa/border runs to extend their stay?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sillyfool said:

as long as it is what THEY want eh ?

i want a 10 year multi entry marriage visa with a single report per year.  

And I want a permanent residency for 20 years without making any TM30 report and without paying taxes.

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Yes, it is illegal because there is a maximum number of days in a year that you can stay in Thailand on a tourist visa.

Can I live in your home country 12 months every year on a tourist visa alone doing visa/border runs?

I obtain 3 month multi entry tourist visas to Vietnam 4 times a year. USA can obtain one yr multiple for about same cost. I could obtain a business 12 month visa with RC and work permit for a "fee".

I won't even start on other countries. 

Why refer to his home country? When I attend to business in oz and  need workers I go on Gumtree and employ the zillion UK etc tourists working for cash. 

OP,  I think you know that both of the bkk airports would of probably have denied you entry.

You're problem going forward will be getting another visa in the region.  A new passport would work, and if I was use I would avoid all airports in future, using land borders only,  and better still... Stay out of Thailand for a few months if you can. 

Edited by DeadFlagBlues

21 minutes ago, DeadFlagBlues said:

I think you know that both of the bkk airports would of probably have denied you entry.

The question is, why is he really here?

He was living here as student for the last 2 years.

Not here for family reasons.

Not here for (legal) work reasons.

Not here for retirement reasons.

Not here for educational reasons.

Is it because he simply wants to live here? 

He's got no birthright for that. Get out, you're not welcome. 

Is he working here illegally, as a criminal? 

26 minutes ago, DeadFlagBlues said:

Stay out of Thailand for a few months if you can. 

He's a 'tourist', here on holiday, according to his visa. Strange advice to give to a 'tourist'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

They want to know where you're getting your money from. If they suspect you're working, you're shot. Just like everywhere else, they have the right to refuse you entry if they do not believe you are visiting for the purposes stated in your visa.

You're not a tourist. Don't try that one again. You need a legitimate job, with visa and permit. Otherwise you've a deadline coming.