Electric pie maker

farmerjo

On 11/17/2019 at 6:39 PM, wgdanson said:

And it will end up with the sandwich maker, and the bread maker.

I don't have a breadmaker any more (it died a few years ago), but I use my tabletop oven to make bread a couple of times a week.

I also have a George Foreman mincer which is a great machine if I want to do 4 or 5 kg of sausages at a time. I bought it in NZ 10 years ago and it still works very well.

I want to make pies and that looks like the best way to do it. My mate is off to Oz sometime and I will see if he can get me one.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, billd766 said:

That looks good. Can you post the recipe please?

Mincemeat.

60gm raisins, 25gm candied orange peel, 35gm Solid Palm oil (Samson), 45gm brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice, extra sprinkle of Nutmeg, extra sprinkle of ginger
1/4 chopped green apple (skin on)
Juice of 1 tangerine, Juice of 1/2 small lime
Zest from 3 tangerines/limes
1 cap of rum (Hong Thong)

Mixed spice, had to make my own 4 cinnamon + 4 Nutmeg +2 mace + 1 cloves + 1 coriander + 1 ginger + 1 Allspice
(didn't have mace or cloves or allspice, still worked out OK)

Mix all but the Rum together, stir well, microwave for 2 mins. Stir now and again as it cools. Add rum when fairly cool, give a stir every 15 mins for 2 hours. Let it all soak in and you're good to go. Add more raisins and peel if you think it looks too wet.
This makes 1 jar of mincemeat.

Candied peel 125bht/500gm YOK, Raisins 55bht/500gm YOK

Note: the alcohol and sugar is to preserve the fruit, candied peel might be hard to find, cake shops, bakery shops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Mincemeat.

60gm raisins, 25gm candied orange peel, 35gm Solid Palm oil (Samson), 45gm brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice, extra sprinkle of Nutmeg, extra sprinkle of ginger
1/4 chopped green apple (skin on)
Juice of 1 tangerine, Juice of 1/2 small lime
Zest from 3 tangerines/limes
1 cap of rum (Hong Thong)

Mixed spice, had to make my own 4 cinnamon + 4 Nutmeg +2 mace + 1 cloves + 1 coriander + 1 ginger + 1 Allspice
(didn't have mace or cloves or allspice, still worked out OK)

Mix all but the Rum together, stir well, microwave for 2 mins. Stir now and again as it cools. Add rum when fairly cool, give a stir every 15 mins for 2 hours. Let it all soak in and you're good to go. Add more raisins and peel if you think it looks too wet.
This makes 1 jar of mincemeat.

Candied peel 125bht/500gm YOK, Raisins 55bht/500gm YOK

Note: the alcohol and sugar is to preserve the fruit, candied peel might be hard to find, cake shops, bakery shops.

Thanks for that. I am going bulk shopping in Khampaeng Phet on Thursday and there is at least 1 bakery shop plus Tops, so I will make a shopping list in English, translated to Thai and stick some photos on as well.

• 1 year later...
On 11/17/2019 at 6:18 PM, farmerjo said:

Tefal make them but don't appear on any of their distributor sites in Thailand. 

On 11/17/2019 at 6:37 PM, farmerjo said:

Don't use a credit card and only have a Thai debit card so was hoping to get in Thailand.

That always makes me wonder why, credit cards over debit, can some kind sole enlighten me to why a credit card is excepted over a debit card