Beach Road closed, parking lots set for fireworks festival

Rimmer

Beach Road closed, parking lots set for fireworks festival

1366-N-Nov-14-02-Firework-Nov-29-30-2.jp

PATTAYA:-- City hall designated nine parking lots for the throngs of tourists and locals expected for this month’s Pattaya International Fireworks Festival.

Beach Road will be closed from 4 p.m. to midnight Nov. 29 and 30 from the Dolphin Roundabout to Walking Street. No parking will be allowed on Beach Road from the Dusit Curve to Walking Street from 3 p.m. onward.

Instead, parking will be available nearby at Bali Hai Pier, Pattaya School No. 8, Chaimongkol Temple, Royal Garden Plaza, Mike Shopping Mall, Central Festival Pattaya Beach and Central Marina. Further out, parking lots and shuttles will be available at the Leelawadee Resort and Spa on Soi Phettrakul, Terminal 21 Pattaya, Tesco Lotus North Pattaya, Big C Extra, and Big C South Pattaya.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-11-17--

33 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Instead, parking will be available nearby at Bali Hai Pier, Pattaya School No. 8, Chaimongkol Temple, Royal Garden Plaza, Mike Shopping Mall, Central Festival Pattaya Beach and Central Marina. Further out, parking lots and shuttles will be available at the Leelawadee Resort and Spa on Soi Phettrakul, Terminal 21 Pattaya, Tesco Lotus North Pattaya, Big C Extra, and Big C South Pattaya.

They should close Beach road all year to private cars and motorcycles and just let people park in these lots. 

Allow a finite number of Songthaews and hotel shuttles 

Allow delivery trucks in only before 11am 

Move all the motorcycle "rental" scammers who set up business for free along Beach road 

Would be a good move for making the Beach area a family friendly and safe destination. 

4 hours ago, usacb500biker said:

Every 2 months theres a New gang of Homeless Gangers sleeping on the Beach across from Mikes Mall ...100 loals know the Gang and Fear them. Drugs, Drugs, Drugs....move them Out,, or back to PRISON.... COPS DO YOUR JOB ! ! !

Nonesense. You must be scared of your own shadow.  They are just poor itinerant workers.

13 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The festival is great. Always lots going on in Pattaya...and free.

The best seats cost 200 Baht IIRC, at the bottom of Klang. Free concert from a Thai band when it is all done. Others (me included) can slink off to a nearby bar.

Great show/competition, been 

Watching it for years although i have missed it the last year.

great to see Its  is back on track.

Back in the hay days of pattis when us farang ruled the scene, there were Great Firework everyday in christmas at 20 oclock fra Bali hay pier. Those were the days my friend, i thought they never end.

13 hours ago, SidJames said:

What time are the displays starting?

Usually around 8.30-9pm People will be setting mats on the Beach before 8pm. There are 2 sets of shows. Thais make quite a party out of it and bring snacks, I take a small cold box of beer!

Archived