place you recommend to rent

parafareno

18 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Have a wander on the back streets off of Beach Road, #2, Soi Bukhao. That's where the cheapies and all the fun were. I'm sure it's still the same.

Cheap yes, but the OP points on quiet?

I would avoid all of central/south Pattaya.

You might find it quiet in the day but wait for the night.

Never sign/move before you checked this out.

Some of the karaoke places (on 3rd rd e.g.) seem to be above the law.

Deafening noise until sunrise(!) covering a whole block (at least).

(fortunately my hotel room was far enough)

A mate lives quiet, but far out in Jomtien in a Soi off Chaiyaphruek/Watboon.

8000 is doable but you need your own transport.

12 minutes ago, Xaos said:

I rented Lumpini condo for friend for. 8k month. Forget agents they take 1 month rent extra. Airbnb way to go

http://tiny.cc/AirBNBPattaya

I rent a condo at Lumpini Ville Naklua Wongamat. It is very quiet, is on a major baht bus route and always has units for rent in the 8000 to 8500 range. A sales office 100 Metres past the main entrance will sort you out for a 6 month contract. Any less you will need to find an agent online.

Good hunting.

Anyone have any first hand experience with Lumpini?  The price is certainly right.  One thing I noticed is noisy roosters if you face south and are lower down.  Especially in the first tower.  Probably only a problem if you leave the window open.  Never saw the pool as you need a keycard to get up to that floor.

I like the location.  On a busy baht bus route and about 10-15 minutes walk to T21.  On the top of a bit of a hill so should not have any flooding problems around there. 

Looks to me like a lot of Russian and Asian tourists staying there.

12 hours ago, shdmn said:

Anyone have any first hand experience with Lumpini?  The price is certainly right.  One thing I noticed is noisy roosters if you face south and are lower down.  Especially in the first tower.  Probably only a problem if you leave the window open.  Never saw the pool as you need a keycard to get up to that floor.

I like the location.  On a busy baht bus route and about 10-15 minutes walk to T21.  On the top of a bit of a hill so should not have any flooding problems around there. 

Looks to me like a lot of Russian and Asian tourists staying there.

Per my post above, I have lived there for 3 years. I am in Block B and sometimes hear chickens, but I have heard them practically anywhere I have been in Thailand.

Never had any problems with flooding, sometimes a very strong storm may disrupt the power supply, but never for too long.

There is quite a mix of nationalities on the complex: Germans, Brits, Aussies, Russians, Serbs, Arabs, Indians.  Many Chinese and Koreans stay short term but I haven't noticed any major problems with them. The single most prevalent grouping is young Thai ladies - what's not to like. Some Viet and Filipino women also live there.

The pool is included in the rent, as is a gym. Both are never overly busy apart from the pool being a bit noisy during the day during school holidays, a problem common anywhere with a pool.

Security seems pretty good. Illegal parkers are likely to be wheel clamped. All staff are friendly and do a good job; gardens are well kept and cleaners keep the place tidy.

Finally, there is a 7/11 on site open all the time. They even have their own generator in case of power cuts.

Archived