BANGKOK

New PCX Release Date

I'm looking at updating my 2016 Honda PCX.

So I'm just wondering, though I don't think anybody has specific dates, when we can expect to see the 2020 PCX (I am aware that the new Honda ADV has just been released but to be quite honest it doesn't interest me). I'm just assuming they announce the new PCX model about the same time every year but that may not be the case.

The only things that I'm really interested in is the colour (I really like the matte black from 2016) and if there are any other significant changes. The bit of research I have done says possibly ABS braking which would give me cause to wait. Otherwise without any significant upgrades I will just go out and buy this year's model and bite the bullet on the shiny black.

Thanks as always.

Any other advice on best place to purchase price etc in Pattaya welcomed.

Edited by 1

1 hour ago, 1 said:

I am aware that the new Honda ADV has just been released

in Thailand??

Just wait a bit for the motor show at the end of this month , probably then there will be some info. I personally am really interested in the adv. it seems it’s really comfortable, hope can test it soon. My lady sells them so, should be soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nebula said:

Just wait a bit for the motor show at the end of this month , probably then there will be some info. I personally am really interested in the adv. it seems it’s really comfortable, hope can test it soon. My lady sells them so, should be soon.

Great thanks for that.

It seems going into a dealership that they are very tired of this question!

Could you give me any lead in to this motor show, is it a Thailand Motor Show?

You have to try it to really be able to say how it is. I read a review about how comfortable it is and this made me more interested. The grey color is actually brown. 

42 minutes ago, Nebula said:

You have to try it to really be able to say how it is. I read a review about how comfortable it is and this made me more interested. The grey color is actually brown. 

true.but i was talking about its look. i guess im biased since i own a pcx. theyre getting quite common now, i saw a red adv  today. 

On 11/17/2019 at 10:53 PM, Nebula said:

74582_o.jpg

On 11/18/2019 at 1:46 PM, alx123 said:

Iv'e seen a couple of ADV 150 beside me at the lights yesterday, it look underwhelming in my opinion. At first glance i thought it was a click. Maybe the gray color doesn't help it stand out, I have yet to see a red one.

If PCX 2020 will be both front and rear ABS, that's where my money is going next. My current PCX 2016 is already at 50,000 kms and I'm not a fan of its brakes. 

Interestingly other countries sell the PCX with ABS brakes, dont ask me why Thailand is out of step. I did have a PCX Hybrid parked next to my old PCX other day, gasohol charges batteries under the seat, its about 110,000 baht though.

26 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Interestingly other countries sell the PCX with ABS brakes, dont ask me why Thailand is out of step. I did have a PCX Hybrid parked next to my old PCX other day, gasohol charges batteries under the seat, its about 110,000 baht though.

Dont understand the point of that hybrid. It's like they want to sell people an experimental prototype. 

Pcx 2020 with abs should be priced lower than the AdV150. 

On 11/17/2019 at 7:32 AM, thequietman said:

in Thailand??

Yep, already out I saw two models seem to be design to complete against the Yamaha Areox?  same engine bit more sporty looking price range in Pattaya Mityon on 3rd Road / Pattaya Tai  97,000 current PCX is 93,000.

• Like 1

100 k for a 150 cc plastic scooter ? Only fools buy.

• Like 2