New PCX Release Date

I'm looking at updating my 2016 Honda PCX.

So I'm just wondering, though I don't think anybody has specific dates, when we can expect to see the 2020 PCX (I am aware that the new Honda ADV has just been released but to be quite honest it doesn't interest me). I'm just assuming they announce the new PCX model about the same time every year but that may not be the case.

The only things that I'm really interested in is the colour (I really like the matte black from 2016) and if there are any other significant changes. The bit of research I have done says possibly ABS braking which would give me cause to wait. Otherwise without any significant upgrades I will just go out and buy this year's model and bite the bullet on the shiny black.

Thanks as always.

Any other advice on best place to purchase price etc in Pattaya welcomed.

Just wait a bit for the motor show at the end of this month , probably then there will be some info. I personally am really interested in the adv. it seems it’s really comfortable, hope can test it soon. My lady sells them so, should be soon.

14 hours ago, Nebula said:

Just wait a bit for the motor show at the end of this month , probably then there will be some info. I personally am really interested in the adv. it seems it’s really comfortable, hope can test it soon. My lady sells them so, should be soon.

Great thanks for that.

It seems going into a dealership that they are very tired of this question!

Could you give me any lead in to this motor show, is it a Thailand Motor Show?

Iv'e seen a couple of ADV 150 beside me at the lights yesterday, it look underwhelming in my opinion. At first glance i thought it was a click. Maybe the gray color doesn't help it stand out, I have yet to see a red one.

If PCX 2020 will be both front and rear ABS, that's where my money is going next. My current PCX 2016 is already at 50,000 kms and I'm not a fan of its brakes. 

42 minutes ago, Nebula said:

You have to try it to really be able to say how it is. I read a review about how comfortable it is and this made me more interested. The grey color is actually brown. 

true.but i was talking about its look. i guess im biased since i own a pcx. theyre getting quite common now, i saw a red adv  today. 

On 11/17/2019 at 10:53 PM, Nebula said:

74582_o.jpg

On 11/18/2019 at 1:46 PM, alx123 said:

Iv'e seen a couple of ADV 150 beside me at the lights yesterday, it look underwhelming in my opinion. At first glance i thought it was a click. Maybe the gray color doesn't help it stand out, I have yet to see a red one.

If PCX 2020 will be both front and rear ABS, that's where my money is going next. My current PCX 2016 is already at 50,000 kms and I'm not a fan of its brakes. 

Interestingly other countries sell the PCX with ABS brakes, dont ask me why Thailand is out of step. I did have a PCX Hybrid parked next to my old PCX other day, gasohol charges batteries under the seat, its about 110,000 baht though.

26 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Interestingly other countries sell the PCX with ABS brakes, dont ask me why Thailand is out of step. I did have a PCX Hybrid parked next to my old PCX other day, gasohol charges batteries under the seat, its about 110,000 baht though.

Dont understand the point of that hybrid. It's like they want to sell people an experimental prototype. 

Pcx 2020 with abs should be priced lower than the AdV150. 

On 11/17/2019 at 7:32 AM, thequietman said:

in Thailand??

Yep, already out I saw two models seem to be design to complete against the Yamaha Areox?  same engine bit more sporty looking price range in Pattaya Mityon on 3rd Road / Pattaya Tai  97,000 current PCX is 93,000.

Why would you want to buy a PCX with an antique 2 valve motor designed in the nineties when you could buy a Yamaha Imax or Aerox with 4 valves, variable timing and a flatter seat that doesn't make you slide forward and strangulate your balls?  And for a lower price.

38 minutes ago, just bob said:

Why would you want to buy a PCX with an antique 2 valve motor designed in the nineties when you could buy a Yamaha Imax or Aerox with 4 valves, variable timing and a flatter seat that doesn't make you slide forward and strangulate your balls?  And for a lower price.

Much lower price

47 minutes ago, just bob said:

Doesn't the ADV, and presumably the new PCX, have a 4 valve donkey?

Looks like the ADV 150 , being a SOHC, is using the same 2-valve engine of the current PCX. 

Doesn't matter that much on a scooter, imho. 

But the PCX "should" be cheaper than the ADV 150. 

The yamas doesn't appeal to me for some reason, that's why I like the PCX. 

7 hours ago, Deli said:

100 k for a 150 cc plastic scooter ? Only fools buy.

It's supposed to sell for 75,000 baht but because there are so few dealers are asking 20---30 thousand baht more. Advantage is ABS brakes and it can be driven off road , its a scaled down version of the Honda X-ADV 750  ADV stands for adventure as it can be driven off road. Have seen a number of them in Pattaya and looked at a Red one at Long Po, Banglamung dealer/

360198_KzAcYYDJ8hP59mTqDeMtoL.jpg

9 hours ago, just bob said:

slide forward and strangulate your balls? 

Some say that certain massage establishments do have such masochistic perversions on their menu for far less cost.

I recall buying a used 4 cylinder 750 chopper for far less some years ago, a real mans bike, not a girls plastic scooter.

5 hours ago, Tony125 said:

It's supposed to sell for 75,000 baht but because there are so few dealers are asking 20---30 thousand baht more. Advantage is ABS brakes and it can be driven off road , its a scaled down version of the Honda X-ADV 750  ADV stands for adventure as it can be driven off road. Have seen a number of them in Pattaya and looked at a Red one at Long Po, Banglamung dealer/

A PCX 150 costs 84k, and the XADV has front ABS, rear disc break, better shocks, and maybe something else, so it will not be cheaper.

I think i read somewhere that 95k is the official price, sounds about reasonable when looking at the PCX.

The XADV line are street bikes with an adventure styling, they are not built to be taken offroad, we could compare it with SUVs in the car world. Of course you can drive it on some fire road, and you can also take it offroad if you are a masochist, but with a PCX you can do the same, i doubt the XADV 150 would feel much different. Due to the bigger wheels and less weight a Honda Wave probably performs better offroad than the XADV.

But don't get me wrong, i don't want to criticize the XADV in general, if i were looking for a scooter in the 150cc class i would take the XADV into consideration (but would probably wait until Yamaha shows the new NMAX and see what i could get there)

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

A PCX 150 costs 84k, and the XADV has front ABS, rear disc break, better shocks, and maybe something else, so it will not be cheaper.

I think i read somewhere that 95k is the official price, sounds about reasonable when looking at the PCX.

The XADV line are street bikes with an adventure styling, they are not built to be taken offroad, we could compare it with SUVs in the car world. Of course you can drive it on some fire road, and you can also take it offroad if you are a masochist, but with a PCX you can do the same, i doubt the XADV 150 would feel much different. Due to the bigger wheels and less weight a Honda Wave probably performs better offroad than the XADV.

But don't get me wrong, i don't want to criticize the XADV in general, if i were looking for a scooter in the 150cc class i would take the XADV into consideration (but would probably wait until Yamaha shows the new NMAX and see what i could get there)

The Honda X-ADV is 750 CC scooter    The Honda ADV is 150 cc scooter

Archived