US citizen arrives on a visa exempt wants to extend

on my first extension, i didn't know what to put on page 2.  unaware of the meaning of 'tambon', 'amphoe', and 'changwat'.    i didn't have internet access at the time and had to ask the immigration officer for assistance.  not super critical but might want to verify those items.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

You may want to update the form, on the back page above "NOTE", with a space for the applicant's phone number. They always ask for the phone number.

I do not update immigration forms. Only immigration can do that.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, GreenCurryorDie said:

How long can we extend for, after arriving on the 30-day visa exempt?

It depends upon the office you apply at. 

It can be applied for a week or 2 before the 30 days end at most offices.

• Thanks 1

I am US citizen myself, just did mine at the Kanchanaburi office last week. Down loaded the Tm7, filled out on the computer, printed and signed it. You will need a 4×6 cm passport photo, Copies of Tm 30, and passport pages. Took about 20 minutes total. I was here a week into my visa exempt, and had no issues.  

no photo, nothing but 1900 Baht, I sat their 5 minutes and it was done professionally, they took picture of me from computer and I showed them business card from hotel, absolutely painless, this was in Udon Thani, nothing to fill

in...I’m USA

On 11/18/2019 at 8:19 AM, buick said:

on my first extension, i didn't know what to put on page 2.  unaware of the meaning of 'tambon', 'amphoe', and 'changwat'.    i didn't have internet access at the time and had to ask the immigration officer for assistance.  not super critical but might want to verify those items.

No form to fill

out in Udon, no picture either, they do it on computer 

15 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

No form to fill

out in Udon, no picture either, they do it on computer 

i extended a tourist visa in buriram a couple yrs ago and that is how they did it (computer, no form).  of course, i'd filled the form in already but had a good laugh when they placed it in the trash.  that is not the case if doing an extension in bangkok, you need the form.  not sure where the OP is planning to apply.

On 11/18/2019 at 12:19 PM, buick said:

Not showing familiarity with their cache of 'residency' related words would be a good thing... brings on an air of innocence!