BANGKOK
Jingthing

Poll: If the baht bus fare was doubled to 20 baht would you ride them any less?

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, I realize this poll will annoy some people.

How dare you bring up the subject of DOUBLING the baht bus fares and suggest that maybe it wouldn't change the volume of passengers.

It might give those rascals at the Baht Bus Cooperative some ideas.

Like they're way too dim to consider the idea of raising the prices after 10 or 20 years themselves.

Those self sabotaging farangatans spreading such dangerous ideas! The nerve.

Realizing all that, I think it's time to ask this question. 

How many more DECADES do you think the fare will or can stay at 10 baht?

Sure it could be raised to 15 baht but that's an oddball number involving paying with at least two coins or needing change.

So 20 baht is the logical next step. 

I guess a reason against it is that it would be too high a spike for some local Thais but then that might entering the double pricing zone that used to prevail here (5 baht for Thais, 10 for foreigners). Which would be nasty.

So anyway, here is this poll. Like it or not. I think it's a fair question to ask. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

50 Baht note better ... would be on par for the loss of 2 decades charging 10 Baht only. Just joking ...

Actually, I was always wondering why it stayed so long on 10 Baht? Especially after taking a tuk tuk in Phuket one night ...

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

Sorry but I think its not hard to predict the outcome of this poll

If you need to visit the mall, bars or whatever you still need transport, right? And if you live near the baht bus route, what are the other options? Walking? Buy a bike? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, balo said:

Sorry but I think its not hard to predict the outcome of this poll

If you need to visit the mall, bars or whatever you still need transport, right? And if you live near the baht bus route, what are the other options? Walking? Buy a bike? 

Taxi, motorsai taxi, bicycle Grab car...anything rather than the dreadful baht bus

• Sad 1

Hardly ever use them these days. Faster to walk down some roads. Would rather get on a WIN and set off immediately other days. 

3 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I would use them about the same which is infrequently these days. I would use the baht buses more often if people were not packed like sardines full of, smoking drinking ill tempered russian with babies in prams,  jabbering indians bent double in the aisle and men of all nationalities manspreading, exhibiting yellowed toe nails and varicose veins and armpit hair. The baht buses are now dangerously overcrowded, uncomfortable and undignified. I would prefer to pay 50 baht for a properly regulated service with a maximum of 6 people on each bench seat and only two standing on the back rack. Reform of the baht buses would put them all into public service and extend their routes. Currently they function as private taxis with dozens waiting on Cozy Beach Road hiring  out to the highest bidder and the largest groups. The scenes at the queue at the Pattaya Tai/Sai song police box are like a scene from hell reminiscent of WW2 german cattle trucks...all we need now is the use of viscous dogs to herd people into the cramped death traps. The once free wheeling fun transport system has been reduced to third world hell.

Had to laugh at that!  It's been 5.5 years since I lived there and you reminded me of the festive nights we chose to leave the pick-up and scooter at home. 😄

Would encourage me to walk more i need the exercise. Only time i use is when i am <deleted> late at night.

• Like 1

i would rather walk than ever get on a baht bus - despise them.

other drivers will understand where i'm coming from, they are the worst!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Is this how you earned your nickname of 'BBQ'? 😉

Edited by secondfusilier
  • Haha 1

If 50% of the people decided not to use the buses the money coming in fron the other 50% paying 20Baht would be the same before the rise .Less people using the buses same income.