Poll: If the baht bus fare was doubled to 20 baht would you ride them any less?

Jingthing

Poll: If the baht bus fare was doubled to 20 baht would you ride them any less?  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

For a Thai even 10 bahts is serious

have you ever tried the sound test?

let fall a 10 baths coin on the ground with some Thais around

and enjoy the reaction

Thais mostly don't like to WALK! Ask the moto drivers taking Thais down sois. 

Once again I'll ask the question why the fare has to double in price rather than just going up 5 baht to 15, assuming a fare increase is warranted. The speculation of a fare increase was mentioned before, I guess with the assumption that going from 10 to 20 was only logical, but I can see more logic in a 50% increase rather a full 100% jump.  

On 11/17/2019 at 8:54 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

I would use them about the same which is infrequently these days. I would use the baht buses more often if people were not packed like sardines full of, smoking drinking ill tempered russian with babies in prams,  jabbering indians bent double in the aisle and men of all nationalities manspreading, exhibiting yellowed toe nails and varicose veins and armpit hair. The baht buses are now dangerously overcrowded, uncomfortable and undignified. I would prefer to pay 50 baht for a properly regulated service with a maximum of 6 people on each bench seat and only two standing on the back rack. Reform of the baht buses would put them all into public service and extend their routes. Currently they function as private taxis with dozens waiting on Cozy Beach Road hiring  out to the highest bidder and the largest groups. The scenes at the queue at the Pattaya Tai/Sai song police box are like a scene from hell reminiscent of WW2 german cattle trucks...all we need now is the use of viscous dogs to herd people into the cramped death traps. The once free wheeling fun transport system has been reduced to third world hell.

I must have sat opposite you one time, though I have no idea how you saw my armpit hair

as I never wear a vest or go topless!

Archived