Thai Transport Ministry to reduce Purple Line’s fares

webfact

Transport Ministry to reduce Purple Line’s fares

bbbbf6d113d70a0b001e668939889f18_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Transport will reduce fares on the Purple Line train during off-peak hours and on weekends to attract more passengers.

In addition, Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob has assigned the relevant agencies to study the guidelines for a reduction in electric train fare rates, to reduce the cost of living for users and relieve difficulties faced by the people.

On November 19, there will be a meeting of the Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand Committee to consider two measures, namely selling joint tickets for the Blue Line and the Purple Line which will reduce the fare for each trip, and reducing fares on the Purple Line during off-peak hours between 9 a.m. - 3.30 p.m. and on Saturdays and Sundays.

As for the measure to reduce fares on the entire system, the Department of Rail Transport is carefully considering it in order to prevent it having too great an effect on the concession contract, and ensuring maximum benefit to passengers.

Reducing electric train fares will make more people turn to travel by city trains. Reduced fares are expected to be put in place before the end of the year as a New Year gift to the public.

nnt.jpg

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

Travelling by 2 persons or more a taxi is cheaper and more convenient..plus you won't arrive all sweaty.

I found just that when I took my kids on the system. The fares need to be lowered to get us out of our cars and off our motorbikes in the capital and onto public transport. Price as well as convenience needs to be stressed for all. 

Rooster

Archived