Thailand hopes to have bullet trains running by 2023

webfact

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chazar said:

if ever there was a more  unnecessary train needed in Thailand its  this, what they need is a  slower countrywide  good service thats AFFORDABLE

The Chineses are getting real estate concessions, what will that entail??

I would say that all those thousands of empty condos on the coast from Cha Am to Hua Hin will soon be gobbled up by Hong Kong chinese as holiday homes, in a few years the chinese will be flooding into Thailand by rail by the thousands, invasion by stealth is underway.

A high speed rail link to Vietnam from LOS would be nice.

3 hours ago, Chazar said:

if ever there was a more  unnecessary train needed in Thailand its  this, what they need is a  slower countrywide  good service thats AFFORDABLE

If it connected north to south and east to west I could understand it... a viable alternative to using roads or air travel....

@Estrada

Thanks for giving some insider info, which most subsequent posters seem to have ignored.

I was one of the many skeptics regarding the necessity of a Japanese style bullet train for the short distances involved between the stations on the Pattaya route but I now know this is not the plan.

I've taken the current third class service from Chachoengsao to Bangkok many times. It's not a nice experience but at 13 baht it is very affordable for the locals.

I totally get your point about the BTS. I remember it was underused when I first arrived in Bangkok in 2002; I don't ever remember having to stand. Fast forward to last week and it was like they needed the Japanese style guys that push the commuters into the trains.

What a bunch of BS. They havent finished the red line north from Bang Sue to Rangsit via Don Muang in 4 years now. Plus they built Don Muang Station so it does not connect to either terminal at DM airport. It ends at the car park for terminal 2.  Totally laughable. 

1 minute ago, Captain 776 said:

2023?   Will never happen without a major western contractor and even at that 2023 is very aggressive.

Right of Way access usually takes that long alone.

Why does it need a Western contractor?  The Chinese build HSR lines faster than anyone else, and last time I checked they weren't using Western contractors.

Right of Way access is another thing...

1 hour ago, Estrada said:

It will be elevated all the way, so no problem with crossings

Will the station at Pattaya be in the same location that it is now? A 2 minute drive from my home. Will be an absolute boon for me. Great for travelling to both Suvarnabhumi and U Tapo. Will also make my visits to Bangkok far more frequent.

I hope I live to see it. 555

Archived