Thailand hopes to have bullet trains running by 2023

webfact

2 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Why writting something about EU ?

Arent't we talking about Thailand here?

are the words you answered to me a few post above ...

You just do not accept that you know nothing about HSR right?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, webfact said:

He hopes to see sleek trains pinballing around the country at 155 mph (250 kph) within five years.

The only thing "pinballing around" will be the Somchais that are a little slow to get out of the way.

Bad idea. 

Unlike probably most of the posters, I have been involved in the construction of a bullet train system (in Taiwan) and have ridden bullet trains in Japan, Taiwan and China.

Most of the same things people have been saying have been said about all three countries' systems. Done properly, and in conjunction with the double tracking projects currently under way, they will take a lot of traffic, both passenger and goods (for double track railways)  from the roads and the airlines and finally give Thais an affordable, efficient and above all safe way to travel about the country. To reduce the impact on taxation, usage can be optimised by investing in industrial and housing projects along the hinterland, as will be done with the 3 Airports Project, and reducing the dependence on Greater Bangkok.

Personally, I'm looking forward to it.

Jut wish there was enough foresight to invest in the line from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, there is a lot of land available in provinces like Tak that could take Bangkok overspill population and industry easily and cheaply.

2 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Oh ! And that what is it ?

I'll tell you what that is. It's a TVG travelling on a standard line and at none TGV speed. This often happens in France especially on approaches to urban areas where TGVs and local trains share the same line.

The evidence for that is at 6min 20secs into the video when a none TGV train crosses. (and there are others in the video)

Actually only 25% of TGV routes in France run on dedicated HS lines, so you haven't chosen a very good example. It helps if you do your homework. See the link below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TGV_accidents

26 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I'll tell you what that is. It's a TVG travelling on a standard line and at none TGV speed. This often happens in France especially on approaches to urban areas where TGVs and local trains share the same line.

Let's resume ..

The initial statement was:

see screenshot :

1548461716_Screenshot(52).png.9ac38f04f7ea37bf7c2eba4f59f6faab.png

" True bullet trains have NO level crossing ...

and I prove the opposite

bkkcanuck8 does not speak of dedicated lines; he writes that there are no level crossings for bullet trains 

and I answer: that's wrong. :jap:

5 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

So you can't relax on Thai aircraft?

The safety, maintenance and operation of which are monitored and assessed by International, US and European agencies.

Without favourable ratings for them Thai aeroplanes don't get to use their airspace.

26 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Let's resume ..

The initial statement was:

see screenshot :

1548461716_Screenshot(52).png.9ac38f04f7ea37bf7c2eba4f59f6faab.png

" True bullet trains have NO level crossing ...

and I prove the opposite

bkkcanuck8 does not speak of dedicated lines; he writes that there are no level crossings for bullet trains 

and I answer: that's wrong. :jap:

No, you did not prove anything of the sort. Because trains, high speed or otherwise cannot have level crossings can they. Rail track has level crossings and dedicated High speed lines do not have them.

However not all High Speed Trains travel on high speed lines all the times, as I've stated and TGVs have had such accidents on none high speed lines.

Also Remember the accident in Santiago de Compostela, Spain? Although it wasn't a level crossing incident. it was a high speed train running on a none high speed line.

High Speed Trains, when travelling on none HS lines, travel at normal speed for that line.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that until Nov 2015, no TGV ever had an accident on a HS dedicated line.

Sorry @Assurancetourix but you're simply trying to build a factual argument on a none factual erroneous statement,

P{igs might fly and Cows may jump over the Moon, but judging by the foul ups, cock ups and general malaise in building anything HERE. Thailand an Fast Bullet trains are an oxymoron, maybe by 2032, 0r 2042, but in 4 years NO WAY HOSEA !! 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Though Thailand declined Chinese loans

This not true.

In fact the Joint Committee between Thailand and China has been negotiating the loan terms since 2015. The most contentious part of negotiations centered on the loan interest rate wherein China wanted to charge a higher rate than what it charged another ASEAN member state. Thailand eventually agreed to a higher rate, albeit one originally offered by China (2.6%), oddly after it signed project contracts with Chinese state firms to build the project and before a total final cost was established.

For example,

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1070107-preparations-for-first-section-of-bangkok-nakhon-ratchasima-high-speed-rail-project-finished/?utm_source=newsletter-20181124-1258&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news  

• the latest agreement covering a segment of the project (divided into 12 segments) the Joint Committee 26th joint committee meeting between Thailand and China on the Bangkok - Nong Khai high speed railway project reached an agreement on Contract Number 2.3 related to the track laying, train operation system installation, and signalling system installation on the 252-kilometer section between Bangkok to Nakhon Ratchasima as the first phase of the railway. 
  • The committee has expected the contract to be officially signed in January and has negotiated a cut in the loan interest rate, which was previously offered by the Chinese government from three percent to 2.6 percent. 

That's not to say that Prayut had pursued a China-Thailand joint venture, Private-Public Government  Investment and a fully funded Thai government investment for the project. But ultimately Thailand will assume all the risk of the project including significant long-term debt service. 

12 hours ago, Chazar said:

if ever there was a more  unnecessary train needed in Thailand its  this, what they need is a  slower countrywide  good service thats AFFORDABLE

Slower and cheaper than it already is?  = Walking

18 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Can you understand what the thai pilots say through the intercom? I can't! So nope i sure can't relax...how can the airtowers understand his tinglit?

Yes I can.  And so can the air traffic control people everywhere in the world, otherwise they would not be allowed to fly.

Tinglit.  Very patronising.  I wonder how your Thai is?

I think it would be a much better way to travel IF , as someone has suggested it is ,  it's elevated all the way. That would mean no level crossings and new , safe tracks . Personally , I hate travelling on/in unsafe  buses and vans . Driving your own car only eliminates half the danger . If you want to travel by air domestically , you have to fly in and out of BKK first , with only a couple of exceptions . 

11 hours ago, bluesofa said:

22 December 2017:

"THE government has set a new target to call for construction bids for the Bt179-billion, 252-kilometre Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima high-speed railway by the end of next year, according to Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittay-apaisith.

Arkhom said a total of 13 construction contracts for the Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima route would be open for bidding in 2018 so that construction could be completed and the system become operational in 2021."

The Construction was delayed and they only started on the first contract earlier this year. A few more contracts are about to be let. So that's nearly two years later than the 2017 forecast. Therefore change of target from 2021 to 2023 seems justified. Whether they will meet 2023 is another subject.

10 hours ago, Estrada said:

It will be elevated all the way, so no problem with crossings

Most of it is elevated. Where HSR is at grade there will be overpass or underpasses for any road crossings.

FYI, There is also a tunnel in Bangkok and the HSR to Nakhon Ratchasima has some sections of tunnel.

8 hours ago, Tech65 said:

Until Korat it is all elevated, like a BTS. After I don't know.

FYI, mostly elevated however some of it is at grade mostly with the ground raised a bit for an embankment.

There are a few road overpasses / underpasses.

There are four sections of tunnels. Two very short, two are 3 to 4 Km.

8 minutes ago, jojothai said:

FYI, mostly elevated however some of it is at grade mostly with the ground raised a bit for an embankment.

There are a few road overpasses / underpasses.

There are four sections of tunnels. Two very short, two are 3 to 4 Km.

They were digging away at one of the tunnels near the concrete plant today

8 hours ago, Tech65 said:

The bullet line BKK-Korat appears  to have a good progress and large parts seem completed, so as the huge station in BKK.

FYI, there are two contracts ongoing and these have some delay. However it is always difficult to build momentum on such large Projects. SRT is pushing to get the next few contracts started as soon as possible.

The first piles for viaduct are now being built in Korat and the first trial section of segmental box for the viaduct is in process.

The doubters need to know that progress is underway.

Archived