Thailand hopes to have bullet trains running by 2023

webfact

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Yes I can.  And so can the air traffic control people everywhere in the world, otherwise they would not be allowed to fly.

Tinglit.  Very patronising.  I wonder how your Thai is?

Since when do i fly big planes and since when is Thai the international language for pilots?

You're the typical guy who ALWAYS needs to defend the Thai because he works with them...it's a huge shame that the Thai pilots can't speak proper english but of course you won't agree with that.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jojothai said:

FYI, there are two contracts ongoing and these have some delay. However it is always difficult to build momentum on such large Projects. SRT is pushing to get the next few contracts started as soon as possible.

The first piles for viaduct are now being built in Korat and the first trial section of segmental box for the viaduct is in process.

The doubters need to know that progress is underway.

The new station at Bang Sue is looking grand, and I will say there is an awful lot of iron out there between (is it) Ban Phachi Junction and saraburi just digging away. Some huge holes in the ground too. I was up there about two weeks ago and there seems to be increased activity.

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

The new station at Bang Sue is looking grand, and I will say there is an awful lot of iron out there between (is it) Ban Phachi Junction and saraburi just digging away. Some huge holes in the ground too. I was up there about two weeks ago and there seems to be increased activity.

The contracts for those sections have not yet been let. Likely there is work for the double tracking.

However there could be related work. Utilities and Obstructions to the line have to be considered in advance, and there could be ground investigations.

I commute weekly between BKK and Nakhon Ratchasima, which takes on average 4 hours each way (not taking the taxi ride out to the bus station or the wait for the bus into account), so, I for one can't wait to use any service that cuts down those travel times. 

I too used to be horrified at the thoughts of a local at the wheel of a 250km/h machine, but, honestly, just looking at how professional and trained the BTS and Airport Raillink drivers are, I now feel safer travelling with the HSR. Let's be honest, they're not going to let any Tom, Dick or Harry behind the controls of a multi-million dollar vehicle. 

14 hours ago, BigT73 said:

They will have to make crossings safer as cars are always sneaking thru

This!

I can't believe this is going to happen because they will need to line the track with fencing so no one crosses.

What happens when train going 200kph hits a person pushing a cart? We're going to find out.

I think I'll wait for a couple of years before taking a ride, 200kph and a farming cant find his cow, oh, there you are on the train tracks, or Thai driver/rider cant wait to cross or wants to beat the train before the gates come down, wow, how did that train get here so quick. Hmmmm. I sincerely hope that nothing ever happens, however, did the authorities take into account Thai mentality when it comes to road rules/safety.! 

7 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

I think I'll wait for a couple of years before taking a ride, 200kph and a farming cant find his cow, oh, there you are on the train tracks, or Thai driver/rider cant wait to cross or wants to beat the train before the gates come down, wow, how did that train get here so quick. Hmmmm. I sincerely hope that nothing ever happens, however, did the authorities take into account Thai mentality when it comes to road rules/safety.! 

Are you surprised it's called a "Bullet" train? Both can kill. With one you need a gun. With the other you need a Thai driver.

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

Since when do i fly big planes and since when is Thai the international language for pilots?

You're the typical guy who ALWAYS needs to defend the Thai because he works with them...it's a huge shame that the Thai pilots can't speak proper english but of course you won't agree with that.

Thai isn't the international language of pilots, it is English. And that is why the Thai pilots communicate in English. Not Tinglit, English. If you can't understand them maybe get your ears checked. How about Indian pilots? Pakistani? Italian? Are their accents OK? Should they be allowed to fly in your world? 

If they were not proficient in the language they would not be able to pilot commercial aircraft. 

You see me as a defender, I see you as a basher. So there are very capable, internationally qualified and recognised Thais flying commercial aircraft, and all you can do is say you don't feel safe and make jibes about "Tinglit".  Why do you feel the need to put them down in some way shape or form in pretty much every single thread? I do wonder what you get out of it. 

Anyway back to the main focus of the thread. Yes, thais can drive trains safely if trained properly. See BTS, MRT, ARL. There will be no level crossings as it is elevated, so no need to worry about "Somchais". China will not be sending troops by rail to invade and Thailand is not a Chinese colony. 

Thank you. 

5 hours ago, djayz said:

I commute weekly between BKK and Nakhon Ratchasima, which takes on average 4 hours each way (not taking the taxi ride out to the bus station or the wait for the bus into account), so, I for one can't wait to use any service that cuts down those travel times. 

I too used to be horrified at the thoughts of a local at the wheel of a 250km/h machine, but, honestly, just looking at how professional and trained the BTS and Airport Raillink drivers are, I now feel safer travelling with the HSR. Let's be honest, they're not going to let any Tom, Dick or Harry behind the controls of a multi-million dollar vehicle. 

No vote of confidence from me, as they already needed to pillage the express rail carts to "maintain" regular ARL operation after a few years of service. The rolling stock there is in appalling order, and nothing to be done about it - so...

Stupid stupid and stupid idea.  Speed kills.  Thai history of maintaining things is poor at best.  Future and on going funding of projects is poor at best.  60 or 90 mph trains on well maintained tracks would be what the country should be investing in if anything.  Set things up to be economical and for the masses.

15 hours ago, Tech65 said:

France: the country with the oldest HSR. 

It looks like near a station, the speed is not higher than 70 Km/h, while high speed trains in France run normally at 300 Km/h.

Aren't we talking about Thailand here?

Germany and France did it together. German trains run around 330km/h, french ones up to 370km/h. And that is only for "old rails". With better rails they would do around 450km/h like in Japan. What kind of train they build in Thailand I don't know.

14 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Let's resume ..

The initial statement was:

see screenshot :

1548461716_Screenshot(52).png.9ac38f04f7ea37bf7c2eba4f59f6faab.png

" True bullet trains have NO level crossing ...

and I prove the opposite

bkkcanuck8 does not speak of dedicated lines; he writes that there are no level crossings for bullet trains 

and I answer: that's wrong. :jap:

For _old train lines_ or close to the train station when they enter the city.

New lines have no crossings, why would they?

8 hours ago, fruitman said:

Thai pilots speak proper english, also in inland flights. No idea why you are ranting about stuff you have no clue about.

2 hours ago, Enki said:

Thai pilots speak proper english, also in inland flights. No idea why you are ranting about stuff you have no clue about.

Because i have good ears and spreak proper english...i can't understand a word of the Thai Air Asia pilots and i bet they wouldn't pass the english exams like i had to do.

You will also say that the Thai are fine bus and mini-van drivers right? Oh and boat captains too of course, and policemen...

45 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Because i have good ears and spreak proper english...i can't understand a word of the Thai Air Asia pilots and i bet they wouldn't pass the english exams like i had to do.

You will also say that the Thai are fine bus and mini-van drivers right? Oh and boat captains too of course, and policemen...

You keep right on spreaking proper English, son.

Never mind all those hours of study they do, they'll never spreak it as well you do.

Or punctuate it.

21 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Let's resume ..

The initial statement was:

see screenshot :

1548461716_Screenshot(52).png.9ac38f04f7ea37bf7c2eba4f59f6faab.png

" True bullet trains have NO level crossing ...

and I prove the opposite

bkkcanuck8 does not speak of dedicated lines; he writes that there are no level crossings for bullet trains 

and I answer: that's wrong. :jap:

You have nothing to do, haven't you?

20 hours ago, Enoon said:

The safety, maintenance and operation of which are monitored and assessed by International, US and European agencies.

Without favourable ratings for them Thai aeroplanes don't get to use their airspace.

It won't be mandatory to use the speed train.

14 hours ago, fruitman said:

Thai pilots can't speak English? Is that true? I don't think so. 

17 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

I did the train in Shanghai maglev from the airport.was a tourist thing to do.was a nice thing to do and I would probably take a ride if it was in Thailand 

Maglev is a "true" bullet train. It runs on magnetic levitation, then no contact with rails.

The future train in Thailand will be an high speed train on rails. ????

13 hours ago, djayz said:

Not even taxi drivers, bar girls or her lazy brothers...????

7 hours ago, Enki said:

Germany and France did it together. German trains run around 330km/h, french ones up to 370km/h. And that is only for "old rails". With better rails they would do around 450km/h like in Japan. What kind of train they build in Thailand I don't know.

????

6 hours ago, Enki said:

Than it is not just me ????. I have met several Thai pilots, all English speaking. I bet that Thais can't get the license if they can't speak GOOD English.

13 hours ago, djayz said:

Its not a bad ride right now between those two cities, although I think it is train 71/72 that is kinda scuzzy. 21/22 is the nicer train. But you would know better than me, I just climb on aimlessly and randomly.

One of the things I have been doing is trying to use the Bang Sue station, as it is actually easier to get to via mass transport.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:46 AM, Teddy3943 said:

We have too much traffic related deaths already. With these high speed trains and a crippled car park and hard to take train rail crossings there will be increased casualties at the same high speed...

HSR systems do not have rail crossings thus avoiding this possible incident!!!

Archived