Thailand hopes to have bullet trains running by 2023

webfact

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/18/2019 at 5:29 AM, Chazar said:

if ever there was a more  unnecessary train needed in Thailand its  this, what they need is a  slower countrywide  good service thats AFFORDABLE

Anything that travels on roads in Thailand is a risk, death tolls in Thailand is one of the highest in the world, I believe this bullet train can help solving the roadrage problem.

I hope that the Chinese built bullet trains are operating in Thailand by 2023

or 2025. The ones I rode in China were very fast and safe as well, we did not

fly off the tracks or crash, and the trains looked very well built. As far as Thai pilots speaking

English, yes they speak way better English than the Korean pilots who speak so fast

that they are hard to understand. Some Russians with their accent were a challenge as well.

.  I have spoken to some Thai pilots who speak more clearly than some

Europeans. just my opinion of course

I worked in the Aviation industry for 32 years.

Geezer

On 11/19/2019 at 5:31 AM, fruitman said:

Because i have good ears and spreak proper english...i can't understand a word of the Thai Air Asia pilots and i bet they wouldn't pass the english exams like i had to do.

You will also say that the Thai are fine bus and mini-van drivers right? Oh and boat captains too of course, and policemen...

Why the rant? I fly often in Thailand. All commercial pilots spoke/speak proper english. What has bus driving to do with the english of Thai pilots? Strawman very much? Actually the buses I took all had proper drivers, must be luck ... in LoS ... oops ... LoL.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:44 AM, Tech65 said:
On 11/19/2019 at 3:15 AM, Enki said:

Than it is not just me ????. I have met several Thai pilots, all English speaking. I bet that Thais can't get the license if they can't speak GOOD English.

They probably could get a license for inland flights. But I doubt it. All radio traffic is done in english. So if there is an emergency with one flight, all pilots approaching the same airport or departing or are in vicinity are supposed to pick up what is going on and take their own reasoning or communicate with air traffic control what they consider appropriate action. And everyone in vicinity is listening in, at least with air traffic control. Communication is usually dual band, that means the planes use a different frequency to send than to listen, so all basically only hear what ATC is saying, unless they have special equipment to hear both same time (I'm out of the loop, so I don't know what is standard right now - I would expect them to listen in in both ways)

A lot of 'knocking' going on here as usual.  Do projects in our home countries get completed on time? 

Examples in the UK: Crossrail and HS2........how are they doing?

It goes without saying that the first project - Bangkok to Korat will be late (it is already) but they are working on it and I for one will be very happy to use it. 55 minutes from Bangkok to Pak Chong beats the 2.5 hour drive through traffic - 3 hours on the bus and hideous times on anything at Songkran and New Year etc.

My question is...... will we be able to sit on the roof?

Besides, land values are going up nicely near these new projects. My house has doubled in value already because of the almost finished Bang Pa In to Korat motorway - this new train might double it again.

As long as there's no financial crash...............................now that might be stretching it a bit ????.

Archived