China, Thailand agree to enhance military cooperation

webfact

8 hours ago, sungod said:

Ha, hedge your bets, the same day they signed a new treaty with the US!

Historical role Thailand uses to balance her interests against the much stronger competing powers. My concern, as a US citizen is that US thinking and technology will be readily accessible to the Peoples’Liberation Army, et al. I would think that some in China will have the same concerns of thinking and tech transfer.

15 hours ago, sungod said:

Ha, hedge your bets, the same day they signed a new treaty with the US!

Exactly,

But they are past masters at that one.

They will agree to everything and anything with any of the superpowers and then renege and cheat on everything they agreed on in the first place. They called the Japanese close friends and allies, until they started losing the war!

Look at the fat little slink the deputy PM, Prawit, at the moment praising China for its South China sea ' initiatives '  There has been no initiatives, only China militarizing the region and making man made islands to back up a ridiculous claim to the whole of the South China sea, and intimidating its smaller neighbors. Something that will get much worse as China advances.

I wonder if it is due to the fact Thailand has no claims there? whereas Bhutan, Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines, and others have!

We saw how difficult Thailand has been when the international court voted in favour of Preah Vihear belonging to Cambodia. They have since behaved with petulance in resolving this issue and are now nitpicking over a tiny strip of land. My God, how much land have they taken from the Khmer over the centuries.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 7:52 AM, mrmicbkktxl said:

I find it amazing in the 70's army killed a lot of people because afraid of communists and now Thailand licks the backside of the chinese.prayuth should sit in prison for treason

The country's pride is this idea of never having been colonized. 

They claim it was all due to smart politics. 

But I rather think it was what they seem to do best: whoring the country to whoever will pay just like the bargirls. 

The problem they will face is that they will soon be forced to take a stand and pick a side. 

They'll no doubt pick China and it will have serious consequences 

Chinese style Social Credit Scoring System might be coming soon for all farangs living in Thailand... monitored phone calls, emails, social media posts, immigration score for each visit and each interaction with an I.O., overstays, banking score, driving score, clothing attire worn (or not worn), amount of money spent in country each month, bank balances etc. 

Better behave or your flight privileges, banking privileges, Visas, EOS, SIM cards, internet access, marriage license and more could be restricted or revoked.  5555!

Archived