In Trump-Nixon impeachment comparison, Pelosi raises specter of resignation

webfact

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

No aid was withheld, Ukraine wasn't aware of aid being withheld.

Vindman is giving his "opinion" that's all it is or ever will be. Did you hear Volker and Morrison testify there was no bribery.

Not sure you followed the inquiry diligently or perhaps you trying to do a Jim Jordan.

Vindman changed his previous closed door testimony and testified under oath that he is now aware of conversation that linked WH meeting between the Presidents and US aids with the Ukrainian President announcing an investigation into the Bidens. That’s bribery plain as day. 

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Not sure you followed the inquiry diligently or perhaps you trying to do a Jim Jordan.

Vindman changed his previous closed door testimony and testified under oath that he is now aware of conversation that linked WH meeting between the Presidents and US aids with the Ukrainian President announcing an investigation into the Bidens. That’s bribery plain as day. 

To quote Simon & Garfunkel:
"Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest"

17 minutes ago, J Town said:

And yes I did hear Volker/Morrison testify. They said they never heard the actual words "quid pro quo" but it was fully understood that was what was happening.

It was understood by who, Volker and Morrison stated no "quid pro quo", nothing related to bribery. Their statements aren't hearsay, there was "no demand" for anything.

"But it was fully understood isn't evidence. 

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Watched a lot of Wednesday's Impeachment hearing, and I must say I'm confident this is another "nothing" burger, with all the nothing trimmings. There is no way a reasonable person can believe Mr. Trump said anything in the phone call that could justify impeachment.

Ambassador Volker and Mr. Morrison did an outstanding job answering the leading questions from the dems. And I'm sure the American people will see through this disgraceful scam. Any hopes the dems had of swaying the opinion of voters come 2020 are flying out the window. 

Volker calls Biden ‘an honorable man’

Volker said he told Trump personal attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani — who was pushing for Ukraine to investigate the Bidens — that it was “not credible” to think that Joe Biden was influenced by payments to Hunter Biden for being a board member of Burisma.

“I don’t think that raising the 2016 elections or Vice President Biden or these things I consider to be conspiracy theories that have been circulated by the Ukrainians” are the kind of things “that we should be pursuing as part of our national security strategy with Ukraine,” Volker said. “We should be supporting Ukraine’s democracy reforms, its own fight against corruption domestically, its struggle against Russia, its defense capabilities.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/impeachment-hearings-live-updates/2019/11/19/c5ea3bba-0a54-11ea-bd9d-c628fd48b3a0_story.html

image.gif

25 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

It was understood by who, Volker and Morrison stated no "quid pro quo", nothing related to bribery. Their statements aren't hearsay, there was "no demand" for anything.

I know it’s hard to defend a guilty man and it’s your right to try mysielf I know donald is dirty All his defenders can do is attack process smear and deflect they can’t defend with facts to put it nicely they don’t support trump 

Watched a lot of Wednesday's Impeachment hearing, and I must say I'm confident this is another "nothing" burger, with all the nothing trimmings. There is no way a reasonable person can believe Mr. Trump said anything in the phone call that could justify impeachment.

Ambassador Volker and Mr. Morrison did an outstanding job answering the leading questions from the dems. And I'm sure the American people will see through this disgraceful scam. Any hopes the dems had of swaying the opinion of voters come 2020 are flying out the window. 

Doesn't seem that Republican  Devin Nunes agrees with you:

"The two witnesses Republicans called on Tuesday offered significant criticism of the president and Mr. Giuliani. Mr. Nunes sought to distance Republicans from Messrs. Morrison and Volker, describing them as “your witnesses” as he addressed Democrats toward the conclusion of the hearing. Democrats called them to address the panel after Republicans requested their testimony."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/impeachment-witnesses-set-to-testify-on-concerns-about-trump-zelensky-call-11574159401?emailToken=d092e100a29627297ac06111ba32bd60ikQnfmoI0m5IT+SCN24+eznJhq/1ibalYBZNJ6BhY+R2Cy33TUP6BbG+7mtEWWKq/zZPuIPFGn12bkroWLjYUbeI8pOaLfMJCJfPOprkML67HHe6FTUFakqSXHRcoOEdGq8qN9haGFlz9fpJZTxLJg%3D%3D&reflink=article_copyURL_share

32 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You do know the legal definition of quid pro quo which meant something for something aka a favor. 

Trump’s transcript on July 25 call to Zalensky “I would like you to do us a favor”. 

What was the favor that Trump wanted in return was the phone call heard between Sondland and Trump by Bill Taylor in his house inquiry testimony that military aid and a WH meeting were dependent on the launch of the Burisma and Bidens investigation. 

Quid pro quo, bribery every which way you want to look at it. 

Well it seems like a lot of people would disagree about your 'nothing burger':

Poll: 70% of Americans say Trump's Ukraine actions were 'wrong,' 51% want him removed

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/18/poll-seventy-percent-trump-ukraine-actions-wrong/4227312002/

1 hour ago, Credo said:

Well it seems like a lot of people would disagree about your 'nothing burger':

Poll: 70% of Americans say Trump's Ukraine actions were 'wrong,' 51% want him removed

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/18/poll-seventy-percent-trump-ukraine-actions-wrong/4227312002/

And those numbers are just gonna grow.

15 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

As already shown earlier, the only demographic that matters (independents) are viewing this charade and less and less impeachable. 

Just how many are actually bona fide independents. They may not expressed partisanship in polls but more than half have a partisan leaning. Even this 1/3 independent are shifting their views and in the latest survey, 52% favor impeachment. Do some research. 

19 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

As already shown earlier, the only demographic that matters (independents) are viewing this charade and less and less impeachable. 

Hahaha, yer funny! Watched an hour of Faux Noise - know your enemy and all that - and even they are admitting Trump did a very bad thing. They're trying a different tack, smearing the whistleblower indirectly by saying the FBI was wrong for not vetting "all" confidential informants properly. Can't WAIT to see the way they spin Sondland's testimony tomorrow. He's already perjured himself, still waiting to see if charges are to be brought against him, and he's going to be very very careful about being absolutely truthful. And we all know truth doesn't serve Trump's cause very well.

8 minutes ago, J Town said:

Hahaha, yer funny! Watched an hour of Faux Noise - know your enemy and all that - and even they are admitting Trump did a very bad thing. They're trying a different tack, smearing the whistleblower indirectly by saying the FBI was wrong for not vetting "all" confidential informants properly. Can't WAIT to see the way they spin Sondland's testimony tomorrow. He's already perjured himself, still waiting to see if charges are to be brought against him, and he's going to be very very careful about being absolutely truthful. And we all know truth doesn't serve Trump's cause very well.

Yes, everyone is aware of the spin going on. You're pretty much just talking to yourself here. 

The end game is this:

Is it impeachable? Clearly not but thats not gonna stop the Dems from continuing this little charade for political reasons - which leads to issue #2 - Is it doing anything at the polls? And to answer that question you just have to look at polling from independents, which clearly indicate that it is not doing well with them. 

14 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Just how many are actually bona fide independents. They may not expressed partisanship in polls but more than half have a partisan leaning. Even this 1/3 independent are shifting their views and in the latest survey, 52% favor impeachment. Do some research. 

Whats the matter, don't like the results of the polling? 

I wouldn't either if I was a lefty. 

3 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Yes, everyone is aware of the spin going on. You're pretty much just talking to yourself here. 

The end game is this:

Is it impeachable? Clearly not but thats not gonna stop the Dems from continuing this little charade for political reasons - which leads to issue #2 - Is it doing anything at the polls? And to answer that question you just have to look at polling from independents, which clearly indicate that it is not doing well with them. 

As with Nixon, whose crime was much less than Trump's, it's the cover up that's gonna ultimately bite him in the butt.

And talk about someone shouting in a vacuum, plenty of folks calling you on your misunderstandings.

5 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Whats the matter, don't like the results of the polling? 

I wouldn't either if I was a lefty. 

What I am saying is that you still living in the past. Let me explain. In June the poll was indeed as you posted showed more independents said that impeachment should not be considered. It is November now mate. Poll sentiments have changed for the independents. That’s reason why I suggest you do some research before posting dross comment. 

1 minute ago, J Town said:

As with Nixon, whose crime was much less than Trump's, it's the cover up that's gonna ultimately bite him in the butt.

And talk about someone shouting in a vacuum, plenty of folks calling you on your misunderstandings.

Um, Nixon committed literal crimes and was caught red-handed - what Trump did was minuscule comparatively. I mean you constantly spout off garbage and fake news like its some sort of fact (which is ironic because you're always screaming about FACTS!!) but the end of the day it sure does appear to be wishful thinking. 

Trump is not going to be impeached and you're gonna have to deal with it. 

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

In June the poll was indeed as you posted showed more independents said that impeachment should not be considered. It is November now mate.

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

That’s reason why I suggest you do some research before posting dross comment. 

The poll was from November 15 - 17, mate. You need to do some research before posting dross comments. 

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000016e-80be-da10-ad7e-9bbfca8d0000

1 minute ago, Thainesss said:

Um, Nixon committed literal crimes and was caught red-handed - what Trump did was minuscule comparatively. I mean you constantly spout off garbage and fake news like its some sort of fact (which is ironic because you're always screaming about FACTS!!) but the end of the day it sure does appear to be wishful thinking. 

Now c'mon, you want this thread to be pulled by an admin? So far, you have never used facts to back up your posts. You use loaded terms, expostulation, emotional redundancies but never an actual point. Trump WILL be impeached, that's a foregone conclusion. The fact you don't understand that shows you really don't get the process.

44 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Meanwhile convergerging and undisputed evidence against Trump is being provided by witnesses.

1 hour ago, Thainesss said:

The end game is this:

So you think congress should stop doing its job becsuse of polls?

Its quite funny a trump supporter relying on polls.

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

So you think congress should stop doing its job becsuse of polls?

Didn't realize that using congress in a partisan way to screw over political opponents was considered "doing its job" but that's hardly a surprising sentiment coming from our resident tyrants in the Democrat party & Thaivisa. 

9 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Didn't realize that using congress in a partisan way to screw over political opponents was considered "doing its job" but that's hardly a surprising sentiment coming from our resident tyrants in the Democrat party & Thaivisa. 

They reveived a complaint. Investigating it. Turns out complaint is verified.

They are duty bound to to that. After investigating they will decide if it warrants impeachment.

Partisan? So volker and morrison were dem witnesses?

Easy way to be non partisan is to call your own witnesses. Nothing to stop repubs calling bolton, pompeo, giuliano. Nothing to stop trump giving evidence.

But repubs dont want the truth known. Now THATS partisan.

Archived