Thai road dangers: Iron girder pierces car from rear window to the console

webfact

Thai road dangers: Iron girder pierces car from rear window to the console

1pm.jpg

Metal girder pierces car (from the rear window to the engine)

A Thai driver had a narrow escape from serious injury or even death when an iron girder came loose and pierced his car from the rear window to the front console. 

Sanook said it appeared that a pick-up carrying the girders had braked suddenly propelling the three to four meter long girder forward. 

The scary pictures of the damaged Toyota Avanza were widely shared on Thai social media.

Poster "Dave Natthaphon" said: "Keep away from vehicles transporting such things". 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-18

20 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Almost hourly I see dangerous loads protruding two/three metres at the rear; sometimes there's a bit of cloth tied on to warn unwary drivers. Needless to say there's no police action.

The law is to have a squared red flag on the protruding load...but Somchai doesn't care for that....neither does the police. Thai don't need no laws...

10 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

If there is a piece of cloth , it is probably legal?

To be legal, I think the requirement might be more than just "a piece of cloth".

Logic would say (I know, TIT) that even Thai law must state that a load must be properly secured.

22 minutes ago, neeray said:

To be legal, I think the requirement might be more than just "a piece of cloth".

We might find that identifying a stopped/broken down vehicle is the law and that half a tree is deemed sufficient.

never see loads tied down properly here, they usually just get workers to sit on top of them instead, always seeing loads falling off. Its a total joke the way they fail to secure loads or simply over load and the police to stuff all to stop it, back handers they get are more important than any accidents it causes

Move on! Nothing to see here. We do not care about simple things like this. Nobody got hurt or died, so just move on.

Just a small accident. It´s not easy to fully secure all load, with a pea brain attached to the shoulders that also happened to be out of battery.

7 hours ago, fruitman said:

The law is to have a squared red flag on the protruding load...but Somchai doesn't care for that....neither does the police. Thai don't need no laws...

that flag means "warning, impalement by unsecured projectiles"

11 hours ago, fruitman said:

So the red Flag would have prevented the steel from being propelled through another car? ????

On 11/18/2019 at 8:12 AM, fruitman said:

My wife was fined ฿300 the other week in her truck for not displaying a red cloth on some lengths of wood.

The police ‘do’ act on this

On 11/18/2019 at 9:02 AM, VocalNeal said:

If there is a piece of cloth , it is probably legal?

Some years ago, I did a theory test for Thai licence (in English)  I think the protrusion should be no more than a metre (legally.)  Practically the cops couldn't care less.

Archived