10mbps unlimited for 200THB/month

WorriedNoodle

I notice one can now buy 10mbps unlimited (no throttle back or data cap) for 200THB/month from each of the three main providers (e.g https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ais-10mbps-12-i325860390-s620114204.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.14.4d9a59f5VgH8HI&search=1 ) so I have TWO questions as I am not familiar with these SIMs:

1. Are we supposed to keep using them/topping up every month without a break or could I stop using one for a few months then add another 200THB to get access to another months unlimited? 

2. I already have SIMs in my smart phone from these service providers, can I not just type in the codes to get these deals, or must I buy the new SIM card as part of the deal?

Thanks for any advice.

The first month is included in the 279 price just top up before the first month ends to continue plan... If you do not top up or have enough funds the data plan will end and you won’t be able to reactivate 

You can’t just use the code on an existing sim you must get a new sim... and the data promotion is only good for 12 months...

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=th&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.iphonemod.net%2Funlimited-internet-10-mbps-true-ais-dtac-nov-2019.html&sandbox=1

Thanks guys, very helpful. So I will be buying a new SIM each time, use it a month, then buy another a few months later. Its cheaper than coding a months worth of unlimited data on my current smart phone account which is much more expensive. 200THB / month with these SIM's seems a good deal.

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Thanks guys, very helpful. So I will be buying a new SIM each time, use it a month, then buy another a few months later. Its cheaper than coding a months worth of unlimited data on my current smart phone account which is much more expensive. 200THB / month with these SIM's seems a good deal.

You don't get another sim-card every month. You keep same card.  You have to top-up enough money at the end of the month/period and then 200 baht will be withdrawn. You can use the My AIS app for the top-up. 

You don't need to buy this for much money at Lazada. True Move, AIS and DTAC they all have such packages. BUT you need to be a new customer and you will get a new SIM.

If you don't like this because you want to keep your old number this is possible with a trick. You will have to change the companies and by law you can keep your old number at the new company. The change takes about 2 to 3 days but you will not be without service during this time. When the old provider stops you simply but the SIM of your new provider in your phone and should be able to continue. 

This topic changing the provider was discussed here already and you can read below. You will NOT get the remaining money back from your old provider. So use it up. At True Move you can't transfer it to a different account at True Move. At AIS I was told it is possible. Also check out the special features of the new package. True Move provides free WiFi in addition. But go to them and talk with them before you decide for a provider. 

After you have your new SIM don't forget to activate this package immediately! It should work for 12 months. 

Unlimited.jpg

12 minutes ago, Beggar said:

You don't need to buy this for much money at Lazada. True Move, AIS and DTAC they all have such packages. BUT you need to be a new customer and you will get a new SIM.

If you don't like this because you want to keep your old number this is possible with a trick. You will have to change the companies and by law you can keep your old number at the new company. The change takes about 2 to 3 days but you will not be without service during this time. When the old provider stops you simply but the SIM of your new provider in your phone and should be able to continue. 

This topic changing the provider was discussed here already and you can read below. You will NOT get the remaining money back from your old provider. So use it up. At True Move you can't transfer it to a different account at True Move. At AIS I was told it is possible. Also check out the special features of the new package. True Move provides free WiFi in addition. But go to them and talk with them before you decide for a provider. 

After you have your new SIM don't forget to activate this package immediately! It should work for 12 months. 

Unlimited.jpg

Why not just keep the old sim and buy a package from another operator and put the new sim in your phone,too? Every phone in Thailand have dual sim slots. You can use the old sim when receiving phone calls,and the new sim for internet. 

13 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Why not just keep the old sim and buy a package from another operator and put the new sim in your phone,too? Every phone in Thailand have dual sim slots. You can use the old sim when receiving phone calls,and the new sim for internet. 

Not every phone has dual SIM. And it is not necessary. The change with the old phone number to a new provider is easy. It is no problem for them and it can't be one since it is law - and they don't create any problems. The law wants to increase the competition. These new packages offer often additional benefits and not only 10 Mbps unlimited. So please ask for additional benefits. And yes - they even provide cheaper packages but then with a lower speed. 

15 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You don't get another sim-card every month.

But @sfokevin said the SIM would become inactive / (stopped entirely?) if not topped up every month?

In my case I just need mobile internet for a month maybe twice a year when I travel each time. My current DTAC SIM charges over 300THB per week for unlimited 10mbps, so these 200THB mbps / month seem like a good deal even if it means getting a new SIM each time needed?

3 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

But @sfokevin said the SIM would become inactive / (stopped entirely?) if not topped up every month?

In my case I just need mobile internet for a month maybe twice a year when I travel each time. My current DTAC SIM charges over 300THB per week for unlimited 10mbps, so these 200THB mbps / month seem like a good deal even if it means getting a new SIM each time needed?

Yes,if you let it expire,then of course you need a new sim. But normally you use it non-stop and keep same phone number. 

How much mobile data do you actually need every month? Do you sit playing with your Facebook account 10 hours a day?  

Couple weeks into an AIS promotion - 249baht + VAT, per month, for a monthly allotment of 4 GB data, and 200 call minutes.  Just did a speed test on their 4G and got 38+ Mbps up and down. The 4 GB will throttle down and they will charge for excess minutes of calls. 

I once read that 1 GB of data will give 40+ hours of simple surfing. Streaming will eat it much faster. I haven't used up1 GB yet.

15 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Couple weeks into an AIS promotion - 249baht + VAT, per month, for a monthly allotment of 4 GB data, and 200 call minutes.  Just did a speed test on their 4G and got 38+ Mbps up and down. The 4 GB will throttle down and they will charge for excess minutes of calls. 

I once read that 1 GB of data will give 40+ hours of simple surfing. Streaming will eat it much faster. I haven't used up1 GB yet.

Stream a movie with 1Gb,and it will be gone in no time. Download a couple of big files and it will be gone even faster.

I don't think 1Gb will last 40+ hours surfing. If you watch the news there will always be some video clips. 

1 hour ago, Curt1591 said:

I just looked. On my home network I use on average 4 GB A DAY. Sure at a mobile phone you will not need so much. But I could not live with the feeling that I am limited to 4 GB. When they start to throttle then this low speed would be not acceptable anymore. I always would prefer an unlimited plan alone for the better "unlimited" feeling. 

1 hour ago, Curt1591 said:

Bad luck

Everyone else is using this month's offer

unlimited internet @10Mbs plus unlimited free 15 minute phone calls for 200bht/month.

I'd chuck your SIM and start again.

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Stream a movie with 1Gb,and it will be gone in no time. Download a couple of big files and it will be gone even faster.

I don't think 1Gb will last 40+ hours surfing. If you watch the news there will always be some video clips.

My estimate is not what I think. The estimate was something I picked up from a couple searches. The couple sites I looked at both estimated 40+ hours.

2 hours ago, Beggar said:

I just looked. On my home network I use on average 4 GB A DAY. Sure at a mobile phone you will not need so much. But I could not live with the feeling that I am limited to 4 GB. When they start to throttle then this low speed would be not acceptable anymore. I always would prefer an unlimited plan alone for the better "unlimited" feeling. 

At home, I am riding 500 Mbps up and down. I don't use 4G there. Just during this reply, while multitasking, I've used up over 10 GBs.

When I'm out and about, I am usually too busy to spend any time on my phone. I use the 4G for research on the go, looking for answers, not so much for entertainment.

I forgot to mention the package also comes with a wifi password. At most restaurants, malls, and other public places, AIS has pretty wide coverage. So, when I am sitting around, bored, I use the free wifi. I rarely need 4G. 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Everyone else is using this month's offer

unlimited internet @10Mbs plus unlimited free 15 minute phone calls for 200bht/month.

I'd chuck your SIM and start again.

I have never been one to concern myself with whatever "everyone else" is doing. That's has never been a selling point for me. 

I'm a couple weeks into my first month and I' not even at 1 GB. But, I am up 60 minutes on calls. I would have already gotten screwed.

Don't think I will chuck my sim and start again. 
---------

Every plan isn't for everyone. I researched plans, analyzed my usage, and decided this worked for me. It's not a "mine's bigger than your's" kinda thing. It's simply another option.

13 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

My estimate is not what I think. The estimate was something I picked up from a couple searches. The couple sites I looked at both estimated 40+ hours.

At home, I am riding 500 Mbps up and down. I don't use 4G there. Just during this reply, while multitasking, I've used up over 10 GBs.

When I'm out and about, I am usually too busy to spend any time on my phone. I use the 4G for research on the go, looking for answers, not so much for entertainment.

I forgot to mention the package also comes with a wifi password. At most restaurants, malls, and other public places, AIS has pretty wide coverage. So, when I am sitting around, bored, I use the free wifi. I rarely need 4G. 

I have never been one to concern myself with whatever "everyone else" is doing. That's has never been a selling point for me. 

I'm a couple weeks into my first month and I' not even at 1 GB. But, I am up 60 minutes on calls. I would have already gotten screwed.

Don't think I will chuck my sim and start again. 
---------

Every plan isn't for everyone. I researched plans, analyzed my usage, and decided this worked for me. It's not a "mine's bigger than your's" kinda thing. It's simply another option.

"I'm a couple weeks into my first month and I' not even at 1 GB."

The period you've used is not important, it's how many hours you've used it. About 1,5 month ago,my WiFi died,and I had to use mobildata (4G). 500MB gone real fast. 

32 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"I'm a couple weeks into my first month and I' not even at 1 GB."

The period you've used is not important, it's how many hours you've used it. About 1,5 month ago,my WiFi died,and I had to use mobildata (4G). 500MB gone real fast. 

Let me explain ... 

I have had a a 4GB data / 200 minute plan. I have had this plan for a couple of weeks. During that time, i have only used 575.24 MB to be exact. for the next couple weeks, I have 3,24.76 MBs left. Calling minutes, I'm down to 140 minutes.

IMG_2195.jpg

8 hours ago, Max69xl said:

How much mobile data do you actually need every month? Do you sit playing with your Facebook account 10 hours a day?  

Last time I was staying at the inlaws house where they don't have or want broadband, so I checked my DTAC sim usage and found I had got through over 120GB data in 4 weeks or less. We used it as a hotspot with an IPTV service streaming off of it several hours a day as well. Never use FB btw.

Archived