Koh Samui: Berserk Russian arrested after swimming butt naked onto luxury yacht

webfact

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

And now everything is much better.

Note: Again, this is not the West. This is Thailand.

Bye the way, I hope you had a nice trip and a good stay. ????  I will go visit home with my oldest daughter in februari next year.

I wonder if there are any Thais abroad giving the country a bad rep?

Yes, the trip was really nice actually. Bloody cold and rainy at the end, so happy to be back ????

Only thing, everything is so much more expensive here than in the supermarkets abroad. Just joking. But true ????

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RedPill said:

I know many Thais in the US and they are all respectable hard working citizens, I am sure they have their challenges like everyone else but they are discrete about them,

1 hour ago, 0815 said:

So what's worse for us foreigners reputation ?
A drunk or drugged or just crazy Russian who swims naked to a yacht, or guys who deal with drugs, escape and shoot their wife, open emergency doors on planes, watch out for kids ... ?
Another good one: A young American who shouted loud in a restaurant in Pai "We Americans own the world! <deleted> all off!"
Think about...

And then the non recorded stuff of all the other tourists. Get real! It is all of our countries. I bet English guys have the most fights.  

21 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Oh yes! Thais are working illegal in factories and massages in South Korea, Japan, Singapore, etc.. Too many Thai tourists with so bad behavior arrived that Japan thought about to cancel the visa free trips. And so on. 

But there are more than 1 mio. Thai tourists per year in Japan. So expect there are 2% idiots. Same as foreign tourists in Thailand. https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1611190/thai-visitors-unfazed-by-japan-levy

31 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Yes, the trip was really nice actually. Bloody cold and rainy at the end, so happy to be back ????

Only thing, everything is so much more expensive here than in the supermarkets abroad. Just joking. But true ????

Yeah it´s actually good to go home sometimes and bring over some quality and genuine brands of things. ???? 

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

Off topic a bit but will swing back onto it.

There are approximately 300k + Thai and growing in the USA. Each year now-a-days around 5000 get residency and about 7000 get citizenship. WOW! Where is the reciprocation? US needs to cut them out and treat them just like their country treats the US Expats as all these cooperation needs to include immigration agreements need to be ground eye to eye level. And the Europe scene too. We have about 40k of US expats here now and you can guess how many have residency or citizenship or even can get it. And then you can think all Thai can buy land and property in the USA. No problem!

Right now California looks like a province of Mexico and China wrapped into one which is terrible if you don't speak Chinese or Spanish. But at least the US welcomed all those Chinese (unfortunately not strict enough), but it does show the Chinese swarm and this is always their agenda intent, and I have a certain feeling that the Chinese government is behind the exodus as in at the end they will have a lot of compatriots on US soil. So if Thailand opens up more to Chinese and their Government, it can be presumed the same thing will happen to to them and then one day the scales will teeter and all the Chinese have to do is wave their magic Chinese wand to control here.

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Sorry for the typos. ???? Not really relevant, due to that you seem to understand enough to reply.

However, I do not see all visitors the same way. Most of the visitors in Thailand and expats in Thailand are taking care of business. What I do, is insisting on thtat the ones. which are far too many, that act like idiots or overstay as well breaks the law in other ways are a shame for the rest of us. That is something I believe beginning to have a negative impact on how Immigration and the rest of the population judge all of us.

I other words, I have no rant against regular visitors to Thailand. Just the ones I mentioned above. Therefore no shakes at all. Just big fatty fingers that doesn´t fit the keyboard. ???? 

You're assuming, inaccurately, that these people behave any better in their own countries. Or that Thai's are any better. There are always crazy people doing crazy stuff. 

For my part, I'm just sad there is no video of this guy running from the police on the yacht. That has serious comedy potential! 

13 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he had been arguing with his wife and wanted to get things off his chest.

We have different ways of getting things off our chests where I come from, but that may just be due to a lack of luxury yachts available for for this type of emotional release. So, I won't knock this guy's approach without trying it. Perhaps it's very effective. ???? 

2 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Oh yes! Thais are working illegal in factories and massages in South Korea, Japan, Singapore, etc.. Too many Thai tourists with so bad behavior arrived that Japan thought about to cancel the visa free trips. And so on. 

Ok, I keep editing. Just to say this, no one hears about the Thai factory workers abroad in the news.

1 minute ago, RedPill said:

Ok, these are just workers, no one talks about. There are other Thais more in public news domain.

The workers came as tourists and work illegally. Also there are many Thai tourists with bad behavior. 

8 hours ago, BenBen23 said:

You're assuming, inaccurately, that these people behave any better in their own countries. Or that Thai's are any better. There are always crazy people doing crazy stuff. 

For my part, I'm just sad there is no video of this guy running from the police on the yacht. That has serious comedy potential! 

Excuse me??? When did I post or make any assumption that they behave better in their own country, or that Thai´s are better??? Not that it relevant to anything, or can be used as an excuse blanket for this bad behaviour. 

But please, I am curious. Please tell me where you saw my assumption?

19 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Yes but many Americans as well and yes t here have been many Russians in the news. Did not know the kid on the plane was American, but you forgot about the US escaped drug prisoner in Pattaya.

And the 75 yr old who masturbated at a bus stop then RAN away.????

18 hours ago, SuwadeeS said:

Well, Just Last week they said, they are happy to have the Russians back.

I remember, there was a time when Russians occupied East Germany and murdered over 50 people who where on a peacefully demonstration for some more freedom.

And now??? These people behave like this.

They also threatened West Germany for may decades. 

I never, and will never like them.

well now a German going on about occupation and murder are you serious really ?  They did help with stopping the Germans take over the world so i quite like them for that.:coffee1: 

23 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So, that means you approve to crazed foreigners running naked and beeing arrested by the police, and you also belive that it doesn´t build on the already tarnished reputation of the foreigners in Thailand. Good on you!

my lord what a leap! Olympic level long jumping of logic there....

On a par with gg.jpg.171cd79010285441699f90b40b3c909c.jpg

8 minutes ago, briansbiology said:

my lord what a leap! Olympic level long jumping of logic there....

On a par with gg.jpg.171cd79010285441699f90b40b3c909c.jpg

And you tried ot say what? Olympic, long jumping, logic, bacon & egg as well as kill vegans???? Guess you have to speak more to the good lord. ????

Oh dear goodness. you really are confused aren't you? 

Ill dissect this for a guy of your intellect once. But only once as ignorance is often coupled with arrogance. 

he said: 

23 hours ago, rkidlad said:

My god - do you ever wind your neck in? Complete barely coherent drivel. 

then you said:

23 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So, that means you approve to crazed foreigners running naked and beeing arrested by the police, and you also belive that it doesn´t build on the already tarnished reputation of the foreigners in Thailand. Good on you!

so I said: "

that your leap of logic was a huge jump. That means by asking you to 'wind your neck in' you misunderstood that he was saying the opposite of what you purported. 

which is putting  words in his mouth like the very famous example of the meme I attached. (bacon and vegan pic)

That should be enough explanation for even a complete fool to understand. If not I won't waste my time with you as you are either a troll or its beyond your comprehension. Or possibly both....

12 minutes ago, briansbiology said:

That means by asking you to 'wind your neck in' you misunderstood that he was saying the opposite of what you purported. 

Nope, he always tells me to have a different opinion than the one I have.

You just made a fool out of yourself.

On 11/18/2019 at 9:37 AM, Tropicalevo said:

Serious question. How can you do a TM 30 report when staying on a yacht?

Presumably you have a whole new set of rules?

I would think that international yachting rules apply. Once you are tied up, moored or at anchor within Thai waters you are considered a permanent structure, much like a house. Thus you can drink and party etc which is not allowed while underway. 

Plus you would call the Thai coast guard and likely immigration on the radio upon entering Thai waters to make arrangements for a visa issuance etc. 

At least this is the way it worked in the civilized world when I was sailing. 

Archived