Pattaya: Snatch thieves on the rampage - Russian woman attending to child is latest victim

webfact

Pattaya: Snatch thieves on the rampage - Russian woman attending to child is latest victim

7a.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

77kaoded said in their headline that snatch thieves were on the rampage in Pattaya after a Russian woman was robbed. 

Elena, 25, was attending to the needs of her three year old daughter in a pram as they returned to their hotel room in Soi Wat Bunkanjanaram. 

She showed a picture on her phone of her wearing gold necklaces - two of which valued at 55,000 baht were stolen. 

A witness to the robbery said that her husband was wheeling the pram down the soi when they stopped for the wife to attend to the child. 

A man on a lady's motorcycle rode up and grabbed the tourist's jewelry as she was bending over. 

The thief sped off into the night. Thais at the scene helped call the police. 

Pol Capt Jenrop radioed ahead but the thief was well gone. 

Snatch theft - especially of gold necklaces - continues to be a problem in Pattaya with frequent reports of such crime, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-18

12 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

What sort of visa(s) were the Russians on?  Seems like they were well outfitted

I don't know, maybe ask them what Brand of underwear they had on, that seems as relevant a question !!!

the high season is arrived and also more robbers are coming to Pattaya. Last night sitting on a bar at VIP Complex on Naklua road I was approached by 5 or 6 vendors of flowers and other crazy stuffs, the touched my back and I suppose was only for claim claim attention but instead they work step by step to steal my money.

Went to report at police but only get advice to be careful next time.

I advice everybody to take care of any vendors that approach to you. they work as a team and if anyone touch you is a sign of a start of the stealing.

Maybe the school of ladyboys had made proselytes

5 hours ago, angy said:

the high season is arrived and also more robbers are coming to Pattaya. Last night sitting on a bar at VIP Complex on Naklua road I was approached by 5 or 6 vendors of flowers and other crazy stuffs, the touched my back and I suppose was only for claim claim attention but instead they work step by step to steal my money.

Went to report at police but only get advice to be careful next time.

I advice everybody to take care of any vendors that approach to you. they work as a team and if anyone touch you is a sign of a start of the stealing.

Maybe the school of ladyboys had made proselytes

As the Thai Economy contract these kind of petty snatch thefts and so on are starting to increase

A sure barometer that things are getting tough for Folk

when Traveling or visiting another country dont show all your wealth it is asking to please rob me .

many now have no money in thailand as it is getting very expensive even for locals they say this to me in many markets 

so the next thing is look for easy money   if u ware many jullery it like a big sign take me please

Most likely a scam!

I have been around these Russian tourists now for almost 7 years and Never have I seen any wear gold around there necks.

Also the ones in Russia who can afford gold would never wear it around there necks in Public as they know very well it would get stolen, so why would they do so here?

The picture on here phone? who takes a selfie and dent show there face? and if it was her, then I';d suspect the gold was the fake gold you can find at the markets for 100 to 200 baht.

Ghnis same thing went on about two years ago.

48 minutes ago, JESSVANPELT said:

Most likely a scam!

I have been around these Russian tourists now for almost 7 years and Never have I seen any wear gold around there necks.

Also the ones in Russia who can afford gold would never wear it around there necks in Public as they know very well it would get stolen, so why would they do so here?

The picture on here phone? who takes a selfie and dent show there face? and if it was her, then I';d suspect the gold was the fake gold you can find at the markets for 100 to 200 baht.

Well that's that crime all sewn up then inspector clouseau,just gather a bit of probable nonesence together in your head and blame the victim.

guess what,ive a gold chain around my neck and in most photos of me it happens to be in the picture.

On 11/18/2019 at 5:15 PM, mikecha said:

when Traveling or visiting another country dont show all your wealth it is asking to please rob me .

many now have no money in thailand as it is getting very expensive even for locals they say this to me in many markets 

so the next thing is look for easy money   if u ware many jullery it like a big sign take me please

It was  necklaces worth less than 2000 usd hardly all her wealth. 

I'm sure many have and wear wedding rings and watches worth plenty more than that. 

On 11/19/2019 at 12:15 PM, happy chappie said:

Well that's that crime all sewn up then inspector clouseau,just gather a bit of probable nonesence together in your head and blame the victim.

guess what,ive a gold chain around my neck and in most photos of me it happens to be in the picture.

This surprises me not in the least. 

On 11/19/2019 at 11:20 AM, JESSVANPELT said:

Most likely a scam!

You are aware photos can be cropped, right? 

On 11/19/2019 at 6:20 AM, JESSVANPELT said:

Most likely a scam!

I was thinking along similar lines, but it is reported that local people came to their aid? If that is true then probably not a scam.

• 2 weeks later...

It is really sad that one cannot wear jewellery of choice and feel safe in some parts of Thailand. When holidays it nice to dress well, that ma include some jewellery, but having to feel you may be targeted by thieves detracts from overall enjoyment 

Archived