BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya: Snatch thieves on the rampage - Russian woman attending to child is latest victim

Pattaya: Snatch thieves on the rampage - Russian woman attending to child is latest victim

7a.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

77kaoded said in their headline that snatch thieves were on the rampage in Pattaya after a Russian woman was robbed. 

Elena, 25, was attending to the needs of her three year old daughter in a pram as they returned to their hotel room in Soi Wat Bunkanjanaram. 

She showed a picture on her phone of her wearing gold necklaces - two of which valued at 55,000 baht were stolen. 

A witness to the robbery said that her husband was wheeling the pram down the soi when they stopped for the wife to attend to the child. 

A man on a lady's motorcycle rode up and grabbed the tourist's jewelry as she was bending over. 

The thief sped off into the night. Thais at the scene helped call the police. 

Pol Capt Jenrop radioed ahead but the thief was well gone. 

Snatch theft - especially of gold necklaces - continues to be a problem in Pattaya with frequent reports of such crime, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-18
  • Sad 1

The thief was obviously watching them and waiting for an opportunity to grab them and they don't discriminate nationality of those they steal from either .

What sort of visa(s) were the Russians on?  Seems like they were well outfitted

• Confused 5
  • Sad 3

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

A man on a lady's motorcycle rode up and grabbed the tourist's jewelry as she was bending over.

A disguised ladyboy?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

A disguised ladyboy?

No, they mean a Honda 🙂🙂🙂

the high season is arrived and also more robbers are coming to Pattaya. Last night sitting on a bar at VIP Complex on Naklua road I was approached by 5 or 6 vendors of flowers and other crazy stuffs, the touched my back and I suppose was only for claim claim attention but instead they work step by step to steal my money.

Went to report at police but only get advice to be careful next time.

I advice everybody to take care of any vendors that approach to you. they work as a team and if anyone touch you is a sign of a start of the stealing.

Maybe the school of ladyboys had made proselytes

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

What sort of visa(s) were the Russians on?  Seems like they were well outfitted

What's that got to do with it?

1 theft reported does not make it a "rampage" in my book. If they had more robberies to report, perhaps. But doing so might harm Thailand's image.

Expect much more of this as the recession bites.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, angy said:

the high season is arrived and also more robbers are coming to Pattaya. Last night sitting on a bar at VIP Complex on Naklua road I was approached by 5 or 6 vendors of flowers and other crazy stuffs, the touched my back and I suppose was only for claim claim attention but instead they work step by step to steal my money.

Went to report at police but only get advice to be careful next time.

I advice everybody to take care of any vendors that approach to you. they work as a team and if anyone touch you is a sign of a start of the stealing.

Maybe the school of ladyboys had made proselytes

As the Thai Economy contract these kind of petty snatch thefts and so on are starting to increase

A sure barometer that things are getting tough for Folk

when Traveling or visiting another country dont show all your wealth it is asking to please rob me .

many now have no money in thailand as it is getting very expensive even for locals they say this to me in many markets 

so the next thing is look for easy money   if u ware many jullery it like a big sign take me please

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

to be a problem in Pattaya

I never heard about this in Chiang Mai. Pattaya is not the place to show your valuables.