Thailand tourism boom! Tourists flocking to Mae Hong Son

webfact

Thailand tourism boom! Tourists flocking to Mae Hong Son

pattern-web-Facebook-6590-696x382-1.jpg

Thai caption: Foreign tourists flocking to the caves

Chiang Mai News reported that tourists were once again flocking to tourist attractions in the northern Thai province of Mae Hong Son. 

Phu Yai Ban (village leader) of Tham Lod (Lod caves) Yontrachai Sophaworakan said that until recently the number of tourists had been in a slump. 

But since the start of the cool season there had been at least 10,000 Thai and foreign tourists flocking to the area providing a much needed economic boost to the locals. 

The media reported that many tourists were also visiting the area of Doi San Wua Tor mountain four kilometers to the west of the caves. 

Here tourists could delight in the phenomenon known as the "Sea of Fog". 

Source: Chiang Mai News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-18

Believe it or not, November and December are always swarming with Thai tourists, next to impossible to find acommodation, Mae Hong Son especially. Video in opening post features Tham Lod Cave, this time of the year visited by thousands.

We went in March, hardly dozen people there....

23 minutes ago, BMW Overlander said:

Believe it or not, November and December are always swarming with Thai tourists, next to impossible to find acommodation, Mae Hong Son especially. Video in opening post features Tham Lod Cave, this time of the year visited by thousands.

We went in March, hardly dozen people there....

Take away the music, watch it in silence. Very dry, river a stream, dead trees, and the bridge wow I wouldnt take a 4WD over it. Bottom line looks like any country Thai town in the north

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

Take away the music, watch it in silence. Very dry, river a stream, dead trees, and the bridge wow I wouldnt take a 4WD over it. Bottom line looks like any country Thai town in the north

I watched as you suggested and it looked great to me, probably as i visited in May a few years back and know it's an awesome place. Loved my time there and everywhere on the road from Mae Sot to Chiangmai. 

You'd expect it to be very dry in April. And no it isn't like any country Thai town: it's very close to the border so it feels more Myanmar than Thai, and it's a good hour's drive to the closest thai town (Pai which is tiny).

I assume you haven't been.

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I watched as you suggested and it looked great to me, probably as i visited in May a few years back and know it's an awesome place. Loved my time there and everywhere on the road from Mae Sot to Chiangmai. 

You'd expect it to be very dry in April. And no it isn't like any country Thai town: it's very close to the border so it feels more Myanmar than Thai, and it's a good hour's drive to the closest thai town (Pai which is tiny).

I assume you haven't been.

That kind hasn't moved a yard away from bar stool

Reading some of the posts on this thread just makes me laugh.

Tourists flocking to Mae Hong Son, true or not?

I have a very good friend in MHS, owner of the Salween river restaurant, she tells me that at the moment they are very busy, lots of tourists about, both Thai and farang.

So are the bashers on here saying she is lying?

24 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Reading some of the posts on this thread just makes me laugh.

Tourists flocking to Mae Hong Son, true or not?

I have a very good friend in MHS, owner of the Salween river restaurant, she tells me that at the moment they are very busy, lots of tourists about, both Thai and farang.

So are the bashers on here saying she is lying?

What will happen to those who will say that your friend is lying?

Archived