Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

10 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Mind your language Owl.

You are quite right Chickenslegs.

Apologies to the sensitive, and any under fourteens that noticed.

Simply must get a video editing programme. Anyone suggest one for Linux Mint? Yes still hanging in there. Getting used to it; mostly by not clicking on anything.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

@owl sees allPlease put the chainsaw away for a few days until you're feeling a little better after your soccer game.

????

You are right HP.

Didn't see the game or any highlights. Looked at the stats though.

Can't complain. Went further in the competition than Scotland.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

We had a big downpour last night from about 11 and constant rain the rest of the night.I'll have to go out to the farm and check the earth works and see how it held up.In the mean time I finished of the chipping hoes Mrs FFF calls Bok Boks.Made from busted plough discs.Mrs FFF drew some lines on the discs but my OCD kicked in after the first one and I applied some geometry just to prove to myself that my time at school wasn't a total waste and that there was actually a time I used some of the stuff I learned so long ago.What surprises me is that I can still remember it.

4E2D197A-AC0F-49A2-9BA4-4BB745BF2AE6_1_105_c.jpeg.986cf7806bd32aac58f7d3532b5e6b58.jpeg9D2DC813-B843-48BE-9C3B-2A79463423B3_1_105_c.jpeg.b1c755d8179c479e54415d525c03a9eb.jpeg85462CFE-A958-4B61-8DC0-7B404F3E0DC9_1_105_c.jpeg.e64358ddbb83cf6b22f3eb3c30d32270.jpeg

Just bought one; 100 baht.

483118152_newchog-chog.png.81014dfb7665b3351a6ba248c3ff4ea6.png

I know them as a 'chog-chog'. We have about 6/7 at the farm, but this one is light and good for chopping the weeds in the euca plantation. No good for digging a hole though.

Rain!!!!!!!!???????????  What is that? Starting to get a bit concerned now. If we don't get some substantial downpours soon, I'll have to sacrifice three ponds to fill up three. Maybe in August; like last year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Just bought one; 100 baht.

483118152_newchog-chog.png.81014dfb7665b3351a6ba248c3ff4ea6.png

I know them as a 'chog-chog'. We have about 6/7 at the farm, but this one is light and good for chopping the weeds in the euca plantation. No good for digging a hole though.

Rain!!!!!!!!???????????  What is that? Starting to get a bit concerned now. If we don't get some substantial downpours soon, I'll have to sacrifice three ponds to fill up three. Maybe in August; like last year.

Those thinner ones may not be good for digging holes but that doesn't stop some from trying.Rain is a bit hit and miss the other day I looked at the TMD predictions and it had 30-40% chance for all week now all of a sudden it's 60-70%.The ants saw it coming though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

It's bucketing down right now in Phuket.  tongue.gif.b130d1a8c1827fad162a0fb59935eeaa.gif 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I often go into the kitchen and can't remember why.  :blink: 

I read somewhere that it's something to do with your brain emptying its recent memory when you change your physical environment.

So you should really keep saying out loud to yourself precisely why you are leaving one room to go into another.

Try to ignore the puzzled looks everyone else will be giving you.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Same here. I surprised myself by being able to help my daughter with some algebra today. On the other hand, I often open the fridge door and can't remember what I was looking for.

I'm certain I was born with early onset Alzheimer's as I walk into another room to get something then have to go back to remember what it was and have been doing it since I was a kid!

7 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Same here. I surprised myself by being able to help my daughter with some algebra today. On the other hand, I often open the fridge door and can't remember what I was looking for.

7 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

I often go into the kitchen and can't remember why.  :blink: 

These things happen to me all the time. Glad it's not just me.

I heard some commotion in a neighbours when I was sitting at the window upstairs and saw another neighbours dog chasing a chicken I thought hello there will be blood, but no the chicken turned and started going after the dog and wasn't backing down and had a couple of goes at the dog until the dog gave up and scurried off back home somewhat chastised.This definitely wasn't a chicken chicken!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I heard some commotion in a neighbours when I was sitting at the window upstairs and saw another neighbours dog chasing a chicken I thought hello there will be blood, but no the chicken turned and started going after the dog and wasn't backing down and had a couple of goes at the dog until the dog gave up and scurried off back home somewhat chastised.This definitely wasn't a chicken chicken!

A lot of these dogs are chicken.

Down the years I've seen five or six challenge out cat Charkie. She gets up on her rear legs, and scratches at the dogs nose. This technique seem to be the biz, as they soon turn and run.

1971219186_charkie000.png.0884d5594ca68307746e1bafb72c11a2.png

She's not been at her best for a few months now, and I don't know if she could 'see off' one of the soi dags as she is. So, if there is no one home the last one out shuts the gate.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

For sure it was for a cold drink.

Must try Ivermectin. Very good for those with short-term memory loss.

33 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Hello Owl...  love reading the posts very interesting and informative... any tips on growing avocados from 

seeds.. ? 

The cars you posted are awesome..  Thanks

F1BC110E-BB2A-4E11-A29B-BFDA1E84FB10.jpeg

• Like 1