5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Nigeria was for work. Absolutely hated it. Good money though. Didn't have to really do anything ,as I was there in a consultancy role. Lived in Spain for a while.

My wife, at that time was Jamaican. Went there a lot. Cuba too. Travel was so cheap then.

I hooked into a monster in The Gambia once. Had it on for over an hour in the sea. The locals were saying it was a big sting-ray. Got it in close and one of the locals went in to spear it, but just at that point the line parted. That was that.

We fished at a place that I know as 'Mollands' in Sth Ockendon. I also liked to fish at 'Tunnel Cement' in Aveley.

That carp that died was 2/3 years old, about 3/4 lbs. Was put in the pond as a 3 incher.

Mollands Lane. Next road to where Grangewaters is. I believe there is still a lake there. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been in Isaan for 12 years and I find it fascinating. Virtually every week there is something that I find of interest or something that surprises me, dismays me and sometimes shocks me.  

My wife doesn't give them "Jack", and naturally I asked come one day, "honey" why don't you give them something....huh, they have hands and feet and can work, instead of always asking for money on the

This story starts 22 years ago.   I first met my future wife, Dee, when she was selling papaya salad (somtam in Thai) on a street stall in Nong Khai. I was forty one and tired of the single

Posted Images

On 9/21/2020 at 2:01 PM, owl sees all said:

Can be; if you let these little things get to you. 

Have to rise above the nonsense and be brave. I love my daughter, my wife*, my farms and my life. Just wish Leyton Orient could get back to the top flight.

* Also Charkie and the other pets.

May I ask you if the Lhao Kao Brigade is still alive in your village?

We were sad guests who had to watch the cremations of a lot of friends and relatives. 

2 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

May I ask you if the Lhao Kao Brigade is still alive in your village?

We were sad guests who had to watch the cremations of a lot of friends and relatives. 

Yes! But not nearly as much as a few years ago. But in saying that, Nang, village shop does a good trade on selling swigs of Lao Khao (not sure; spelling) for 10 baht.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/16/2020 at 3:36 PM, owl sees all said:

We have had a cataclysmic catastrophe.

Mildred went to check on Mr Chicken to see if the glue had set. Picked it up by the head and:

726718359_chickentapedup00.png.981bc4537ed7186c745b5a58611880a3.png

"It is serious Dad. What can we do?"

"Serious indeed Mildred. I'll think of something. Don't cry dear."

Now there are a couple of options open to us. Patch it up with some tape, and give it to the lad (Poom) opposite us; then buy a new rubber chicken.  Patch it up with some tape, and keep it. Buy some better super-glue and fix it forever more.

My immediate thought was to buy a little 1/32 drill bit and put holes along each side of the breaks, and then sew it up. Pretty much like the chair. Could also use glue, with the sewing, for a really strong, professional job.

Not decided as yet. I'll spend some time thinking about it today. One thing's for sure I'm not keen on spending 60 baht on diesel, to get to Ban Dung, just to go to the 20 baht shop for another rubber chicken.

Being slightly metaphysical, I am contemplating if there are life lessons to be learnt here. There are two that drift into my mind. Don't let the chicken squawk too loudly when the Mrs is trying to get some shut eye. And; don't buy any more special super glue from the 20 baht shop. It's rubbish.

I was surprised in the first instance that cable ties weren’t your go to...

😎

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:
It would be good to go overseas. Never been to Africa or the Caribbean. 
From tomorrow I can actually go more than 5km from my house and see friends.  We are down to 1 or 2 cases a day but still have some lockdown. It's a strange thing that due to lockdown rules - for 6 months, with a short gap in between,  the only people I have talked to face to face have been short chats with the neighbour and few seconds  with the  check out chick at the supermarket.
I like the old joke. The pretty check out chick smiles at the 55 year old. The 55 year old thinks 'I've still got it'. The check out chick thinks 'Nice man.. reminds me of grandpa'.
Girlfriends birthday today. Opened up the transferwise account and sent her something. They love MK in Ubon and will probably have a nice lunch. 
She's been working a bit so I can't complain. She does a couple of days per week selling her 'baisri' for the temple and selling flowers from Chiang Mai to uni students at their graduation. 
image.thumb.png.91e54ff3788723d1f9e2ffff70aff536.pngimage.thumb.png.16c7293d561cb4d82decbaa6c3ac3d92.pngimage.png.865d9ad20898330e851d3c1b4ba41919.png

Well good enough to enter into the 2020 pic' competition.

They are really good.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Yes! But not nearly as much as a few years ago. But in saying that, Nang, village shop does a good trade on selling swigs of Lao Khao (not sure; spelling) for 10 baht.

Thanks, Owl. I get it. Nit noi, nit noi every 10 minutes. 

• Like 1