Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

3 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Who are the "blunts" or is that rhyming slang?

Hahahaha, yes it could be. No, that would be the blades. Calling them the blunts is the mildest form of disrespect with the Pigs and/or Grunters being the worst.

• Thanks 1

Yep, my bad. I somehow read that as Burnley v WHU in the last game but WHU are playing in the fixture above which is at BHA. Still can't see them getting a point though. Leeds problem is there GD which is as good as a point for Burnley  if they were to finish level on points.

9 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I know it’s difficult to imagine what will appeal to the females in our lives but I think you might be be a little off target with fishing and hiking.

She had a decent hiking cane and correct footwear. It was a little cold that day. But I had the foresight to put a couple of 'wind-cheaters' in her ruck-sack.

She seemed to enjoy the fishing. It was mid June but wet and cold. Think she thought that English summers were warm

SN850221.thumb.JPG.3ff294b7708621182ecce8cd8f87c383.JPG

She caught a couple of nice ones. Seemed happy when she was catching carp/

SN850237.thumb.JPG.132c8f9a622fd9079f503a14aab79cf8.JPG

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Best of luck tomorrow OWL, and as a mackem, I mean that most sincerely, I really do.

Are you a Mackey mate? Really? Would have been a great final TBH, fantastic day out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

She had a decent hiking cane and correct footwear. It was a little cold that day. But I had the foresight to put a couple of 'wind-cheaters' in her ruck-sack.

She seemed to enjoy the fishing. It was mid June but wet and cold. Think she thought that English summers were warm

SN850221.thumb.JPG.3ff294b7708621182ecce8cd8f87c383.JPG

She caught a couple of nice ones. Seemed happy when she was catching carp/

SN850237.thumb.JPG.132c8f9a622fd9079f503a14aab79cf8.JPG

Was only joking Owl, good to see her smiling .

I took my Brazilian gf to the U.K. for the first time in December and to make up for that mistake took her again in the summer ………. she said “ England winter and summer is the same ! “ ……… couldn’t really argue with that !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sotonowl said:

Yep, my bad. I somehow read that as Burnley v WHU in the last game but WHU are playing in the fixture above which is at BHA. Still can't see them getting a point though. Leeds problem is there GD which is as good as a point for Burnley  if they were to finish level on points.

Well Everton seem favourite to avoid relegation now with a game in hand and Watford on Wed evening on the back of this surprise win.

Burnley and Leeds down to the last game of the season  !!

• Like 1

Some great photos Owl , apologies for my earlier attempts at humour.

When I read you took her fishing in England I thought you were joking and when you added hiking I was convinced you were !!

In my defence we have got to know Mrs Owl through your descriptions on this thread and it paints a different picture.

Glad to see her happy and enjoying life, albeit some years ago, post more U.K. photos if you have them .

• Like 2

Bloody hell. I thought thi'd been to Yorkshire when talkin' about River Ouse. Seems tha left out word Great. As in River Great Ouse, which is much closer t' your neck of the woods. ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mrs Owl does have a lovely smile Owl, you need to work harder to keep her using it… ????

sorry ????

Mrs HP went a bit peahbah on Saturday night… ????????‍♂️ She’s been talking to Buddha since and telling me (or herself…?) what a wonderful farang I am and how lucky she is to have me, I concur… ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HighPriority said:

Owl, these pommy fishing spots of yours, they are catch and release… yes ?

If so, why no pics of Mrs Owl when you told her that she had to put them back ?

I know the look and tone that Mrs HP would display…

????????????????

You are right of course HP.

We had already done a bit of fishing before the holiday in Harlow. Catching little tench and crucians, so she knew the score.

But on that theme. Mrs Owl was amazed at how many rabbits there were seemingly everywhere. When we went to Norfolk they were even on the grassy roundabouts. In Wisbeach they were protected. The town was home to my wife before's brother and his family.

Mrs Owl and my niece Zee.

warsandzee.png.24bc6f05b8b4ee99b26264500fd247ca.png

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 3:52 PM, Mutt Daeng said:

Mackem born & bred.

I remember the old days when ships were wood and men were iron.

Mackems off to Wembley and deserved it to be honest. The better team over the 2 legs. The final is due on the 21st May I think, should be an interesting game, 2 contrasting styles.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, sotonowl said:

Mackems off to Wembley and deserved it to be honest. The better team over the 2 legs. The final is due on the 21st May I think, should be an interesting game, 2 contrasting styles.

Didn't think Wycombe would get there TBH.

I'll have a tickle on both The Owls and Derby getting promoted next season. Get about 7/8 to 1 at the start of next season. Nice win double.

• Like 2