Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

On 4/2/2020 at 8:51 AM, Denim said:

We do, and the place of choice is where we are , in a rural village.

DSC03175.JPG

The view from our rear patio. Not spectacular I agree but it is very quiet and peaceful. Right on the edge of the village with no loud cocks going off at all hours. Big C 3k down the road for all the food we need. Perfect.

thank you for not photo shopping your Village photos.    Same as with a woman,  i like to

see things without the make up

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 9:46 PM, Odysseus123 said:

Indeed...

My congratulations on your wonderful thread of "seeing" and "being" in Thailand.

DSCN0428.JPG

OD....... the girl on the left looks like you just walked in wearing your underpants !

btw:   are you back in Thailand now ?

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When I have something like that I reinforce it ( after repairing ) with duct tape across ways and around the item, both sides. Wonderful stuff, duct tape.

I'll try that.

In the meantime I'm going down a different route. Sorting out the criminal in this hammock case.

"If you rip the hammock again; I'm gonna crush you like an elephant crushes a grape!"

Over a game of chess! She hates me winning!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With me, it's very simple, if a tool disappears or is broken or anything, I do not replace;
they manage;
at the moment we are playing a lot  cards (don't repeat it! :w00t:); the card game is of excellent quality and costs 320 baht; each time they shuffle the cards their way, that is to say nag not possible, I repeat the price to them; at the first crooked card, we will no longer be able to play; if they want to continue, they will take 320 baht out of their pocket.

8 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I spent a week in Port Toilet ( sorry ???? ) working at British Steel ( now Tata ).

Stayed in a pub in Porthcawl ( ? ) , an old place right on the cliffs overlooking the sea. One night had a hell of a storm, shutters banging and wind howling etc, swear I thought we were gonna end up in the sea !!

I looked on Google maps where Port Toilet (Talbot) was;
I never went there even if I was not far when I went to Kingston Upon Hull to deliver apples from Plymouth
because I took the ferry at  Roscoff ;

it was in the early 80s 

when the maximum tonnage of the semi-trailer was only 32 tonnes therefore 18 tonnes of apples in the trailer

• Like 1

I’m getting a 275,000Lt water tank (hopefully) installed in a months time, so a big euca had to go, sorry Owl.

It fell exactly where I intended ???????? And had my tank already been installed would have completely destroyed it. I will let the stump reshoot though.

The rain here is finished for the wet, we likely will get nothing now until October so I’ll be buying water for the new tank, and very sparingly hand watering Until xmas.

On a happier note, Mrs HP started a new job today, she’s been working in a massage shop for the past 6-7 months and doing a bit of cleaning until Corona bought about the closure of the massage shop about 4-5 weeks ago.

This morning she started at a farm planting Banana tissue cultures into tubes to be later planted out, they also grow melons. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

The day before yesterday, I had a nice ride in the heveas forests which are all close to my village.
30 km of mountain biking on red dirt roads and sometimes in the forest without really knowing if the trail is a dead end or if it will lead to a wider road.
I like this way of mountain biking off piste

Three km from my village 

P1090223_red_roads.thumb.JPG.272912e11126a1cbab8820e31cf2f16d.JPG

A huge tree  and my so little MTBike 

P1090227_red_roads.thumb.JPG.445335641cecc463811aabd4d76cdf3c.JPG

In the middle of nowhere

P1090235_red_roads.thumb.JPG.2f41a0360d0130b19bc27251890a3ace.JPG

Where is the trail ?

P1090239_red_roads.thumb.JPG.c6357bd7a97bcb63327caf9c56db880c.JPG

Euca to make Owl dream

P1090242_red_roads.thumb.JPG.2c9d003aa6f63958b6dcabfb3bce6667.JPG

Fantastic pic's as usual AT.

That is a decent euca farm. That tree the cycle is propping up must go about 3 tonne. Cut down a few of those and,,,, Baht millionaire.

Gonna see how our little uns are doing later this week. Only 5cm tall/high at the mo'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighPriority said:

I’m getting a 275,000Lt water tank (hopefully) installed in a months time, so a big euca had to go, sorry Owl.

It fell exactly where I intended ???????? And had my tank already been installed would have completely destroyed it. I will let the stump reshoot though.

The rain here is finished for the wet, we likely will get nothing now until October so I’ll be buying water for the new tank, and very sparingly hand watering Until xmas.

On a happier note, Mrs HP started a new job today, she’s been working in a massage shop for the past 6-7 months and doing a bit of cleaning until Corona bought about the closure of the massage shop about 4-5 weeks ago.

This morning she started at a farm planting Banana tissue cultures into tubes to be later planted out, they also grow melons. 

I'm sorry to inform you HP, that you have to relocate. Leave the poor euca alone. It's not as though there are plenty of them.

Mrs Owl wants to be a beauty therapist. That includes massage.

When I lived in Nigeria, a lady would come to our compound and give all the farang a massage. Not a small lady - 70kg or so - and she would stand on our backs and massage with her toes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

In France, bad citizens do the same thing.
But in some municipalities the mayor has found a solution to return their garbage to them.
He has a careful sorting of dumped garbage and always finds a supermarket or telephone bill, something that links the garbage to the weak citizen.
Then he puts it all in a dump truck which will dump all of this in front of the door of the wrongdoer

Although I never dump rubbish where it should not go I've had a policy for 20 years of separating out anything that can identify me before putting in rubbish tin. You can call me paranoid if you like. I just loooooove conspiracy theories.

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I'm sorry to inform you HP, that you have to relocate. Leave the poor euca alone. It's not as though there are plenty of them.

Mrs Owl wants to be a beauty therapist. That includes massage.

When I lived in Nigeria, a lady would come to our compound and give all the farang a massage. Not a small lady - 70kg or so - and she would stand on our backs and massage with her toes.

When in LOS, I always had the GF walk on my spine ( not a massage ) very quietly- no jumping up and down. It's great for relocating misaligned vertebrae. Millie looks about the right weight, but if Mrs Owl does it probably a good idea to have one leg not on your back. My ex started off at the correct weight, but eventually I had to insist on a one leg approach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

A lot of g/f and wives put on a bit a of weight as they get older. Why? Is it too much good food? Not enough exercise? Both?

My wife ate a lot and exercised not much at all. She didn't believe in walking either. Surprisingly she didn't put on much weight.

However she ate real Thai food and not western junk food.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My wife ate a lot and exercised not much at all. She didn't believe in walking either. Surprisingly she didn't put on much weight.

However she ate real Thai food and not western junk food.

My wife has no concept of portions or timing.

Sunday morning I asked her if she wanted farang omelette for breakfast, “yes” she replied.

So as I’m beating the eggs with some milk, salt and pepper she walks up to the fridge gets out a plate with 3 slices of leftover pizza and puts them in the microwave...

”What’s that ?” I asked, “I’m hungry” was the reply... ????

And I’ve never been a massage type, as a youngster I was too ticklish and though better now I find it anything but relaxing and my wife has “power” 

Im a runner with dodgy calves and she has me in agony without trying ????????

Edited by HighPriority
Expression of pain... ????
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, HighPriority said:

And I’ve never been a massage type, as a youngster I was too ticklish and though better now I find it anything but relaxing and my wife has “power” 

Im a runner with dodgy calves and she has me in agony without trying ????????

I used to get Thai massage only to get someone to walk on my spine, but I never understood why people think being in agony for half an hour is enjoyable. I certainly never felt better after. That includes massages at the school in Wat Po.

Worst Thai massage I ever had was on Lamai beach with a sadistic masseuse that had very strong hands.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Always annoys me when ordering multiple dishes that the rice always comes out last.

Laughable meal. Twenty years ago opposite the bus station in Sakon N I ordered pepper steak. When it came it was pepper-less...when i queried why, they explained by "mai mee pepper kha".

Speaking of peppers, I don't tolerate peppers ie capsicum, so in a restaurant with the current GF I asked her to let them know not to give me "peppers". Of course when the meal came it had loads of capsicum because she thought I meant actual pepper.

Those were early days and I learned to be more exact with words.

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Always annoys me when ordering multiple dishes that the rice always comes out last.

Laughable meal. Twenty years ago opposite the bus station in Sakon N I ordered pepper steak. When it came it was pepper-less...when i queried why, they explained by "mai mee pepper kha".

Green Corner by any chance.

On 4/18/2020 at 1:48 PM, rumak said:

OD....... the girl on the left looks like you just walked in wearing your underpants !

btw:   are you back in Thailand now ?

Ha..ha..ha-a very candid photo which was why I posted it.

I doubt that I will ever see Thailand again as I am not 'Fit To Fly' and that is that..unfortunately.

This thread is a walk down memory lane for me and I like and respect many of the posters who contribute to it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

This thread is a walk down memory lane for me and I like and respect many of the posters who contribute to it.

yeah,   you used to like me till I started giving my opinions on C19  restrictions  

well,  i think you did     5555555

stay well 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

I like massages .................  oil massage especially when they are done at home by a pretty masseuse.

200 baht/hour and 150/hour for a thai massage .
which was the case 2 days ago.
There, she is doing a normal one, a Thai massage, to my wife.

P1090260_KSR.thumb.JPG.97f59c3cb862d91bd35d8489fe9fc354.JPG

hmmmmm.    not bad    ????           You sure you do not get the "abnormal" one sometimes ?

4 minutes ago, rumak said:

yeah,   you used to like me till I started giving my opinions on C19  restrictions  

well,  i think you did     5555555

stay well 

Who sez I don't like you cousin Beauregard?????

Back to the thread-I just like the way that OWL (and others) document their day and activities amongst normal folks-of being in the moment-as I have said before.

The "seeing" component comes in their descriptions and photos.

• Like 2