Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

13 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Those shoes off in the car park protests were pretty strong stuff and I think they took it too far, just undoing the laces would have been sufficient ????.

Sean Bean regrets his inclusion in those protests and says it affected his film career .

0DE9AA78-023E-41C0-9961-FADB95A44236.jpeg.457727db6720f1c0a3c9a2b441821bda.jpeg

“ ever since those protests I have only been offered scripts where I die in the first act “.                     Sean Bean.

You mean the Sean Bean who always looks drunk????? Got a pack of Carling in his carrier bag.???????? God knows what he's done to his fingers, maybe cut himself with his sword in GoT?

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 14.20.16.png

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 14.20.39.png

Edited by sotonowl
Update
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sotonowl said:

You mean the Sean Bean who always looks drunk????? Got a pack of Carling in his carrier bag.???????? God knows what he's done to his fingers, maybe cut himself with his sword in GoT?

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 14.20.16.png

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 14.20.39.png

So he doesn't live in Beverley Hills then?

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2020 at 5:10 AM, sotonowl said:

Certainly mate. It's all to do with the red and white stripes looking like streaky bacon. My cousin George (RIP) wouldn't eat bacon on a Sunday morning if Wednesday had lost and the unmentionables had won. Over the last 20 or so years they've reciprocated and call us the pigs as well. This was really to be expected as they usually copy us. For instance, did you know they also nicked our nickname when we discarded it for the Owls? Bramall Lane as well, we played there prior to the unmentionables being formed that was the football and cricket teams I mean.

But all this taking court action didn't come from us or the shoes off in the car park protests, that was all their own doing. LOL.????

It's gonna be a big ask for The Owls to get out of The Championship this season. Not impossible, but unlikely. The Blades are establishing themselves as a formidable EPL club.

Traditionally Wednesday have had the upper hand. How do Owl fans feel about their rivals getting up there; and staying there? Envious or saying 'good luck' to them?

Wednesday faced Arsenal in two Wembley finals a few years back.

Saints won last night. My acc' lives on, but I haven't checked on the Spurs game yet.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Which way are you thinking ??

( asking as a Leeds fan ???? )

At the beginning of the season I made my predictions for all the leagues. In the Championship the three that I thought would get promotion were:

Leeds

Forest

WBA

I met Fatima near WBA's ground, and I had a lovely lady friend, who lived very close to Eland Rd. Forest; well they are everyone's second team. And cherry red colours are soothing to the eyes.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

It's gonna be a big ask for The Owls to get out of The Championship this season. Not impossible, but unlikely. The Blades are establishing themselves as a formidable EPL club.

Traditionally Wednesday have had the upper hand. How do Owl fans feel about their rivals getting up there; and staying there? Envious or saying 'good luck' to them?

Wednesday faced Arsenal in two Wembley finals a few years back.

Saints won last night. My acc' lives on, but I haven't checked on the Spurs game yet.

Think we might find it easier to get out of than you think Owl.???? Especially if/when they dock us the points for alleged fiddling of the books for P&S reasons which they look like doing. As for the unmentionables, it won't last, it always ends in tears.

And Saints, yes, I watched that, I live in Southampton and the locals will be pleased.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, owl sees all said:

At the beginning of the season I made my predictions for all the leagues. In the Championship the three that I thought would get promotion were:

Leeds

Forest

WBA

I met Fatima near WBA's ground, and I had a lovely lady friend, who lived very close to Eland Rd. Forest; well they are everyone's second team. And cherry red colours are soothing to the eyes.

We got florist at home today, could do with a similar result as we had at theirs.

Red is the Devils colour Owl.????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sotonowl said:

Think we might find it easier to get out of than you think Owl.???? Especially if/when they dock us the points for alleged fiddling of the books for P&S reasons which they look like doing. As for the unmentionables, it won't last, it always ends in tears.

And Saints, yes, I watched that, I live in Southampton and the locals will be pleased.

Although it will be an 'orrible stat against the Saints. That defeat by Leicester (0-9) probably did them a favour. Made them take stock and come out of the crisis all the stronger.

I couldn't see the game live last night, but I was watching the minute by minute comments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sotonowl said:

We got florist at home today, could do with a similar result as we had at theirs.

'Red is the Devils colour'. I agree, if it's an orangey red like Liverpool (for instance), but a cherry red is nice, And anyway I liked cherry cola when I could get it many moons ago.

Arsenal had an awful colour for their centenary year. A sort of reddy-brown-purple monstrosity. Fortunately their bi-centenary is a long way off.

Must get the pics ready for the next Owl Log post; tooty-pip.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Although it will be an 'orrible stat against the Saints. That defeat by Leicester (0-9) probably did them a favour. Made them take stock and come out of the crisis all the stronger.

I couldn't see the game live last night, but I was watching the minute by minute comments.

Talking about Leicester, here's a pic of another Owl scoring against the unmentionables, how we let him slip through our fingers i'll never know.????

Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 13.39.45.png

Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 13.39.45.png

Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 13.47.42.png

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

This thread is diverse, it goes off track occasionally but then Owl brings it back on the straight and narrow with an Isaan update .

Owl occasionally starts on the Reiki earlier than usual and forgets to post so we have to keep ourselves amused in the meantime .

When I read about Owl's Reiki before, I assumed it was some type of home-brewed rice wine.

Having googled, I see Wiki says:

"Reiki is a form of alternative medicine called energy healing. Reiki practitioners use a technique called palm healing or hands-on healing."

Hmm, the double entendre 'palm healing' still don't give the impression it's entirely innocuous.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Hmm, the double entendre 'palm healing' still don't give the impression it's entirely innocuous.

Yup, calling someone a “ palm healer “ does tend to lessen the blow somewhat !!

Or maybe I just misread what you were insinuating about our Owl ? ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, calling someone a “ palm healer “ does tend to lessen the blow somewhat !!

Or maybe I just misread what you were insinuating about our Owl ? ????

They can do that as well?

Well I'll be blowed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

When I read about Owl's Reiki before, I assumed it was some type of home-brewed rice wine.

Having googled, I see Wiki says:

"Reiki is a form of alternative medicine called energy healing. Reiki practitioners use a technique called palm healing or hands-on healing."

Reiki is new to me too.

I think the poster is refering to reishi, the mushroom beverage that I drink every day (the spell checker might have suggested reiki). Made a batch of 7 litres yesterday. Fantastic medicinal and healing properties. I put in onion, ginger and lime also.

I was introduced to its benefits by a mushroom biologist who lives in Isaan; that reminds me that I've got to pay him a visit.

Me and the Mrs drink about 6 litres or so just as it is, but I mix a litre of Lao Khao with the remaining litre. That gets to the parts that need attention a lot quicker.

Only drink the wine version in the evening or if I'm not feeling 100%, I take a half litre bottle to bed and sip it during the night as the body demands.

Don't drink beer so much now. Only had two bottles since lock-down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Reiki is new to me too.

I think the poster is refering to reishi, the mushroom beverage that I drink every day (the spell checker might have suggested reiki). Made a batch of 7 litres yesterday. Fantastic medicinal and healing properties. I put in onion, ginger and lime also.

I was introduced to its benefits by a mushroom biologist who lives in Isaan; that reminds me that I've got to pay him a visit.

Me and the Mrs drink about 6 litres or so just as it is, but I mix a litre of Lao Khao with the remaining litre. That gets to the parts that need attention a lot quicker.

Only drink the wine version in the evening or if I'm not feeling 100%, I take a half litre bottle to bed and sip it during the night as the body demands.

Don't drink beer so much now. Only had two bottles since lock-down.

Ha ha ha! Well there was some entertainment value in that 'Chinese whispers' version there.

Yes, we can blame the smell chequer.

So a general pick me up, plus the added effect of Lao Khao.

"In combination with other herbs, reishi mushroom is used to treat prostate cancer. Also in combination with other ingredients, reishi mushroom may be used for viruses, such as the human papilloma virus (HPV), genital herpes, and cold sores."

source: https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-905/reishi-mushroom    

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Hahahaha plus the effect of L K .. 

This bloke looks like he needs to be picked up .. 

IMG_20200621_081131.jpg

Oh yes! You can over do a good thing. Don't become relent on it, just use it. A bit like money in that regard.

My two litres of reishi wine last me about 10 days, and it's always a medical tipple, not a drinker's gulp. 

The other thing is, when it comes to bottling the reishi, I eat the ginger and onions (the lime has disintegrated) that are left in the bowl, as a little meal in itself. A treat that I look forward to every week or so.

We are what we eat of course, and seeing that only 1% of us it actually 'us', the reishi wine fits in nicely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Just to go off at a tangent (it's what I do best).

We are what we eat, and you eat Ginger. Whatever would Biggles have thought?

I remember the last book of his I read: Biggles Flies Undone.

Biggles would have approved!

Humans have evolved to eat leaves, roots and fruits etc. We are not equipped for grain products; but I do appreciate that Lao Kha is rice based. (I also developed a liking for single-malt whiskey. At 2 litres for 100 baht*, one could easily get into over-indulge mode.}

Ginger, onions and citrus fruits are as good as it gets, for us humans. Throw in a bit of 'how's your father', footy and the occasional lump of cheese, and we are in utopia.

* Most decent Nong Khai shops.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sotonowl said:

Couldn't quite do it. A draw is not really any good to The Owls, but as long as Forest keep in that top 6 they'll be happy.  At the present time there seems little advantage in being at home. No crowd to get behind the home team.

My acc' (8) went down. Got the first 5, then Cherries let me down. Redeemed myself a little by getting the Brighton/Arsenal correct score.

• Like 1