Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

14 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Liverpool won the EPL in the week. Good luck to them. Barrow back in the football league for the first time in; must be 50 years. Suddenly Cardiff are 'the team' hitting form in the Championship; just at the right time. And Wolves for top 4?

And the Owls had a great win away at Brizzle with the added bonus of the pigs getting dumped from the FA cup, all in all a good day.????

Edited by sotonowl

On 6/20/2020 at 10:28 PM, sotonowl said:

And along comes the site censor.

Why do people do this? If there's a conversation about something you're not interested in then don't engage, it isn't that difficult.

Start your own <deleted> football thread. The interesting, up till the football started, thread was about Owl's life in Issan- the OP in case you hadn't noticed.

However, I'll take your advice and stop reading this thread. Owl just lost a fan.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Start your own <deleted> football thread. The interesting, up till the football started, thread was about Owl's life in Issan- the OP in case you hadn't noticed.

However, I'll take your advice and stop reading this thread. Owl just lost a fan.

Don't go. Please don't go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, HighPriority said:

I couldn’t give a rats about Owls soccer team either, but if he wanted to talk real football... AFL I’d be happy to educate him. 

But seriously, what makes this thread so good is it’s rambling nature. 

What I’d really like to whine about is something that we are not allowed to whine about... 

I love adverts... ????

We need more of them here on TV... ????

I can’t get enough of em... ????

I really enjoy the 20-40 seconds that it takes to load each page...????

sometimes on other Internet forum the pages load so quick, I think TV has got it juuust riiight... ????

I’ve downloaded Ad Blocker but it does nothing. I’m a techno fossil so what helps? The ads drive me nuts and takes an age to load. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HighPriority said:

I couldn’t give a rats about Owls soccer team either, but if he wanted to talk real football... AFL I’d be happy to educate him. 

But seriously, what makes this thread so good is it’s rambling nature. 

What I’d really like to whine about is something that we are not allowed to whine about... 

I love adverts... ????

We need more of them here on TV... ????

I can’t get enough of em... ????

I really enjoy the 20-40 seconds that it takes to load each page...????

sometimes on other Internet forum the pages load so quick, I think TV has got it juuust riiight... ????

What adverts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I’ve downloaded Ad Blocker but it does nothing. I’m a techno fossil so what helps? The ads drive me nuts and takes an age to load. 

If you use Firefox or Chrome, try the uBlock Origin Add-On/Extension. It does an excellent job of blocking ads.

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

If Milly was to go to the local village school she wouldn't have to get up til seven and would be home just after four. BUT!!! One of her friends in the village goes to the school and has only just - this week - started on multiplication. She is two years older. However, on the upside, she can heard buffaloes.

I don't know Milly, except from your posts here, but I'm betting she can do multiplication AND also be competent at herding buffaloes.

Seems to me that kids with Thai/Farang parents have the best of both worlds.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 9:42 PM, chickenslegs said:

I have the same issue with my 8-year-old (almost identical times too), it's a hell of a long school day for a youngster IMO.

However, when I suggested that I could drive her to and from school each day, which would shorten her day by about 2-3 hours, she said that she enjoyed the time on the bus with her friends - also, she gets most of her homework done during the journey home. So, I'm leaving it be.

Always did my homework in the train or bus. Its useful as you cant do anything else anyway. Not the writing part though. 

Good thing internet was not a big thing then or i might have studied less.

Nice that you offer to be the driver. ????

• Like 1

@owl sees all

Your fish probably died from lack of oxigen. Used to fish with live bait we would keep fish under a running tap (not opened too much) before going fishing the next day.

Wish i could enjoy eating fish like pla nin. Ita cheap. But in general i dislike fish. Salmon tuna and cod excluded.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robblok said:

@owl sees all

Your fish probably died from lack of oxigen. Used to fish with live bait we would keep fish under a running tap (not opened too much) before going fishing the next day.

Wish i could enjoy eating fish like pla nin. Ita cheap. But in general i dislike fish. Salmon tuna and cod excluded.

I'm with you on the fish you like. I'm exactly the same.

• Like 1