BANGKOK

24 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Missus is getting 150 baht a kilo for grasshoppers at the moment.

I'll try growing some of them.

• Like 1

You are planting avocados from seeds? I have heard that they will not bear fruiot when planted from seeds. It didn't make sense at the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxpilot said:

You are planting avocados from seeds? I have heard that they will not bear fruiot when planted from seeds. It didn't make sense at the time. 

Well the seeds for my potato tree didn't work either. Must be something to do with Thai soil. 555.

Edited by SteveK

2 hours ago, SteveK said:

Well the seeds for my potato tree didn't work either. Must be something to do with Thai soil. 555.

Unless the potato `tree` was a bit of a joke.🤔.No most soil can not be used for potatoes.Close to Chiang Mai it can be done.To hot in the daytime most other places.

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

If you're anywhere north of Nong Khai you're in Laos!

I drive on highway 211 North, according to the sign, from Nong Khai while staying in Thailand all the way home. It's a little twisty here and there yet follows the Mekong on the Thailand side of the river. I never cross over the river to Laos. It's definitely not south, unless I'm going to Nong Khai, and definitely not Laos. Try staying on topic and not deflecting.  We have mapaholics now on the forum? Show me where I stated true north or as the eagle flies.  Besides, I wasn't quoting to you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Oxpilot said:

They will bear fruit but it will take at least 7-9 years ... I graft onto seedlings from a very heavy bearing tree and they fruit a year or two later .. I live in Northern NSW ... bushfire smoke heavy again today

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SniperSpider said:

I drive on highway 211 North, according to the sign, from Nong Khai while staying in Thailand all the way home. It's a little twisty here and there yet follows the Mekong on the Thailand side of the river. I never cross over the river to Laos. It's definitely not south, unless I'm going to Nong Khai, and definitely not Laos. Try staying on topic and not deflecting.  We have mapaholics now on the forum? Show me where I stated true north or as the eagle flies.  Besides, I wasn't quoting to you.

Public Forum......And, I was thinking the exact same thing when you wrote north of Nong Khai. 

• Like 1