BANGKOK

5 hours ago, bannork said:

No need to be so touchy, you're in a public forum, anyone has the right to reply.

No I am not touchy, just correct?  Highways with odd numbers go north and south, even numbers go east and west, the same as in many countries.  It is ok to correct someone if you are indeed correct.

22 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

My first time in Isaan I thought it was great, did the farang dance with land and house. I was still working so only stayed for 2 mos at a time. As time went by realized I wouldn't make this my retirement home, my reasoning was that I've worked too hard all my life to settle for this.....this being living in a rice paddie. Don't get me wrong, a lot of good hard working people. I didn't have to move to Thailand to live in the country, I grew up in the country, I have property in the country in the US. I would like to be nearer things that interest me, going to see a movie in English if I choose plus I love living near the sea.

Anyway, school for our daughter was becoming a topic of concern. Long story short we moved south to a little fishing village close to a nice beach, good schools, the move was for me as much as it was for our daughter. Plus, I'm a good 11 hrs by car away from THE family.

So, where about did you find this paradise? 

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

Cool your beans, man. It was clearly a joke.

There is a lot of "joking" going around that is clearly not funny to others as well. Just another smart remark to me out of context with the OP. As stated, since it is a Public Forum, I have the right to reply as well, as I choose.  I did not like the comment and no one has to like mine.  I am sure there are plenty on the forum that are as tired of this repetitive "joking" as I am.

To the OP, I am sorry that this may have upset the purpose of a decent post but joking aside, please push on.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, faraday said:
39 minutes ago, SniperSpider said:

No I am not touchy, just correct?  Highways with odd numbers go north and south, even numbers go east and west, the same as in many countries.  It is ok to correct someone if you are indeed correct.

Cool your beans, man. It was clearly a joke.

Joke? That joke was lost on me.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Tagged said:

So, where about did you find this paradise? 

I wouldn't call Rayong area paradise, But I like it.

11 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Life for the dogs outside your palace walls are a bit different.

Every dog in our village have a home, and no dogs killing chicken, or anything else, I guess that explains Owls dog. I have only seen good treatment around where I stay now, and much better than any place in south and mid Thailand. 

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I wouldn't call Rayong area paradise, But I like it.

Yes, it is good area, except all the rain. Could have stayed Ranong, but same same, to much rain. 

25 minutes ago, SniperSpider said:

Thank you.  I hope now the thread can return to the topics presented by the OP.

I wasn't defending what you said, I couldn't see where it was intended as humour?

So back to what you're trying get away from:

1 hour ago, SniperSpider said:

This is not correct is it. Highway 1 goes north. Highway 2 goes north-east.

Highway 211 starts about 10km south of Nong Khai, goes west, then turns north.

• Like 2

Thanks for your entertaining and informative posts. On my next trip to the LOS, I'd like to venture up that way..., probably by bus and rail. I've been to Chiang Mai many times and also down to the south east but never up into the belly of Isaan proper..., so I'll continue to read and learn.
Thank you.  

On 11/18/2019 at 11:08 AM, 4MyEgo said:

My wife doesn't give them "Jack", and naturally I asked come one day, "honey" why don't you give them something....huh, they have hands and feet and can work, instead of always asking for money on the village people for this or that, um....ok "honey" that sounds logical......love you 🙏 :omfg:

My wife doesn't give alms as they pass the house but does occasionally when she visits at the temple.

It's all a matter of choice.