BANGKOK

Ok,ok....I really do think it is a good idea, that unless is blatantly clear a joke has been made, a suitable emoji is attached. 🙂

Anyway, this is a great thread. 👍

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Owl Log 20-11-2019

Everything back to normal in the household this morning. No dramas.

Went outside to open the gate at 5-45 this morning. looking right I can count 9 dogs in about 60 metres or so. Now which one, I thought, ripped open the rubbish bags and messed up the environment! Not to worry. I was more concerned with the water leak right outside the gate.

It was only sorted out a few days ago. Some sorting that!

water leak.JPG

Brousing through my pics, I found a couple of nice ones of Nong Khai.

Laos in the background, across the mighty Mekong river.

Nong-Khai-monsters.jpg

And four young ladies outside the aquarium.

four girls.JPG

Mrs Owl has just told me she needs a rest, and has retired back to the  bedroom, giving me that 'not tonight Josephene' look as she passed. I have important work anyway; mixing up my blended wine. I've strained the reishi, and have one and a half litres of Lao khow at the ready. I might not use it all as, I don't like to make it too strong; about 20% alchol content is about right for me.

I really have to go to the farm today. No excuses.

Owl, don't you have one of those blue rubbish bins with lids outside your house?  They usually keep the dogs out but they're not very big.

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

'cause more girls from Issan are hooking in Pattaya than any other province?

Probably more to do with the majority of the population of Thailand live in Isaan...

3 hours ago, Tagged said:

So, where about did you find this paradise? 

For me nowhere can beat Issan but if someone wanted to live in unspoilt areas by the sea I would recommend some places in Ban Chang district Rayong province and Prajuap Khiri Khan. The latter is a lovely town with Ao Manao nearby.

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

Owl, don't you have one of those blue rubbish bins with lids outside your house?  They usually keep the dogs out but they're not very big.

The bins we have just outside Udon city are those water barrels about a metre tall. They're supplied by the tessaban and have a hinged lid on top, instead of the lid in the pic below.

image.png.9e9e144de93494944ef93b67cee41434.png

Great thread Owl keep posting.

I only spent a week near Ubon with the parents of some friends on their farm, I can see the attraction to rural living though !!

Also, eagerly awaiting the 2nd chapter of @bannork and Dee and the kids !!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jimn said:

Each to his own life I suppose. But living in Issan like the OP sounds like a living version of hell. I take my wife up to the village twice a year and only spend 1 night there in a hotel. I cant wait to get away from the village. If she wants to see her family more I encourage her to go alone on the bus.

Each family can be very different.:thumbsup:
In the village where I live, there are my parents-in-law or rather my  mother in law because my  father in law passed away a year ago at the age of 84 years.
There are also two  sisters and a  brother in law; the other  brother in law is an engineer in a big German company in Rayong.
If I want to see my  mother in law, I have to go to her house at 500 meters.
For my  brother in law who lives at 50 meters, it's almost the same, either he is in his plantation of heveas or in his rice fields ...

And then we have four small dogs and four cats;
dogs can enter the house but not cats that live in the garden and often in those of neighbors, especially the two males!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, owl sees all said:

He told Mrs Owl that it was put down humanely. 

One way to say he finished it with a machete as they do to kill a calf. :1zgarz5:

15 hours ago, finnishmen said:

and IF borrow somethink newer not go back or go back broken. has destroy my hammer drill 2 pcs, now, hammer drill not have cheap 8000 B pcs and has borrow and destroy 2 pcs, and no tell me has broken, same many toold,ladders no newer go back to home if someone has borrow,

That's the big problem here;
if you do not put your tools under lock, they disappear and you never see them again.
When someone in the family or a neighbor comes to ask me for a tool or scale, I ask him to leave me a thousand baht;
if he refuses, no tools or scale ...
If the tool comes back damaged or broken, I keep of course the 1000 baht which will not be enough to replace it but the guy understood that the next time he will have to go elsewhere ...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bannork said:

For me nowhere can beat Issan but if someone wanted to live in unspoilt areas by the sea I would recommend some places in Ban Chang district Rayong province and Prajuap Khiri Khan. The latter is a lovely town with Ao Manao nearby.

Prachuap is a lovely city I pass on my way to and from south quite often, but never stayed in the area. First stop is always Chumpon or Ranong. 

However I have been thinking, when I stop working, it could be a town to settle, but things would have changed quite a bit before thats going to happen. 

I would never settle 100% in Isan, but 30% of my time maybe?