Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

52 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes!

But Voulez Vous is definitely not 'wonky'.

When we first met, he told me about French men being the world's great lovers. I was somewhat skeptical of this at first. But over the course of time - mostly through observing his successes - I have come to appreciate his words.

Of course us English, especially those from Essex, have noteworthy traits of their own. But servicing a dozen ladies at the same time is not one.

But!!!! I plead guilty to loving trees and wearing a pink trilby. In fact Mildred wore it for her two YT vids.

I had to replay the vid to assure myself that Mildred was giving the piece salute and not the single digit.The Trilby seemed to fit her well which would indicate she has inherited dad's large number of brain cells.The bicycle sidecar is a wonderful thing, so much so that our daughter adopted ours.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2

Years ago, when I was on the April Fools (I've always been in the welding, fabrication, pipework business) we'd just grab any old welding screen when we were tacking things up (when we was allowed to tack things up that is). I have to admit here and now, whenever I donned a screen, I have never had to tighten the adjuster, I've always had to open it up more.????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I love the way they utilise the dak dak engines and gerry built cars,they even bung them into old car bodies.Unsung is the contribution us Crusty Old Kents (using the acronym may cause  deletion) make to safety here and most of my advice is only taken years later when Thais officials give the same advice.I remember on one of my first trips from Bangers to here Misses Flung won 40k baht using the numbers from the number plate of our new Tiger (Thai bike with Honda motor) we were transporting to the village,sadly the Tiger was mistreated and ended up in the scape heap a couple of years later it got the Isaan treatment.Am I destined to a similar fate?I'm pretty sure I am.

Hopefully spared the Isaan  treatment mate...

Edited by HighPriority
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I have on my back the scars which bare the multitude of evidence of my daily Isaan treatment which ,as yet, has not caused my demise and that which doesn't kill me makes me stronger and so I've attained the strength of Hercules,but it has been touch and go so often I shudder to think about it.Being a middle child of six has well equipped me to deal with Isaan treatment which pales into insignificance in comparison.

I’m the eldest of a second brood, I guess that makes me a middle child, and us soulmates... ????

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Very cold in Chiang Rai at present, with morning fog thick enough to prevent the caddies seeing where our drives went.

This was the view over the putting green at Happy City a few days ago, the 15 storey condos behind the trees are only about 100 metres away.

IMG20210104075341.jpg

"Play Misty For Me" comes to mind.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, voulez vous said:

Mr Owl has another holiday. Back on the 22nd (Friday).

Is this to be a weekly event or is Mr "Oh no he's done it again" throwing down the gauntlet of a "sin bin" challenge?If so he's got some stiff competition having recently returned from a 1 month sojourn swiftly followed by a 3 day event.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, voulez vous said:

I know Mr Owl would like to live at the family farm.

Just waiting for electricity to arrive.

He really has been a bad Owl. Deserves all he gets for such bad taste.

Why does it remind me of, "He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty owl."

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, voulez vous said:

I know Mr Owl would like to live at the family farm.

Just waiting for electricity to arrive.

He really has been a bad Owl. Deserves all he gets for such bad-taste posting.

Or as we say in our parts:

Il ne faut pas se fier aux apparences

You can’t judge a book by its cover.

Anyway! I'm off to see Antwonette for some love.

Ah, "Dit non plus."