Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

24 minutes ago, voulez vous said:

Mr Owl will be back tomorrow (22nd), and not today as planned. Evidently he delayed accepting his punishment. What a billy idiot; blöder dummkopf even.

He asked me to post a picture of Curly Wurly. The one who has been terrorising the rubbish bins during the night.

227168657_curlywurly.png.2e3559dc2427c64efc242da80e5ccc69.png

Has Mr Owl considered 'Curly Wurly" as an alternate nom de plume on Thai Visa..?

The old nom appears to have achieved a certain notoriety on TVF whereas no-one would be keeping a lookout for errant Curly Wurlies...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:
2 hours ago, voulez vous said:

Mr Owl will be back tomorrow (22nd), and not today as planned. Evidently he delayed accepting his punishment. What a billy idiot; blöder dummkopf even.

He asked me to post a picture of Curly Wurly. The one who has been terrorising the rubbish bins during the night.

227168657_curlywurly.png.2e3559dc2427c64efc242da80e5ccc69.png

Expand  

Has Mr Owl considered 'Curly Wurly" as an alternate nom de plume on Thai Visa..?

The old nom appears to have achieved a certain notoriety on TVF whereas no-one would be keeping a lookout for errant Curly Wurlies...

I think Curly Wurly has peaked too soon. He's just 'liked' your post already.

Looks like some sort of continuity error.

• Haha 1

"The Center for Air Pollution Mitigation has asked all provinces to ban outdoor burning from now until 23rd January,"

Mr Owl has just emailed me to post this picture taken yesterday.

IMG_25640121_174134.thumb.jpg.582b9515ef851ed9cdd888efc8738003.jpg

Oh dear!

Mr Owl will be back later.

Edited by voulez vous

3 minutes ago, voulez vous said:

"The Center for Air Pollution Mitigation has asked all provinces to ban outdoor burning from now until 23rd January,"

Mr Owl has just emailed me to post this picture taken yesterday.

IMG_25640121_174134.thumb.jpg.582b9515ef851ed9cdd888efc8738003.jpg

Oh dear!

Mr Owl will be back later.

Has Mr Owl called the police to dob them in?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Has Mr Owl called the police to dob them in?

Oh! I very much doubt it Mr Bluesofa. He has always been a bit of a rebel. Sometimes a thorn in the side of authority. Putting his neck on the line to help expose Hamilton Bland and Chris Bromley among others.

He was reading physiology and pathology when we met, and the people who granted him objected to him writing a book. So, he went it alone. Sold out 5,000 copies in a month. We were a trio; myself, Mr Owl and Mr Pidgeon (who later progressed to Professor). All three of us a questioning crew. Being French, I returned across the water after my studies at Whitechapel. The other two were a little jealous about my success with the ladies. But then I was somewhat envious of them for other reasons.

So I can say definitely not.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, voulez vous said:

Oh! I very much doubt it Mr Bluesofa. He has always been a bit of a rebel. Sometimes a thorn in the side of authority. Putting his neck on the line to help expose Hamilton Bland and Chris Bromley among others.

He was reading physiology and pathology when we met, and the people who granted him objected to him writing a book. So, he went it alone. Sold out 5,000 copies in a month. We were a trio; myself, Mr Owl and Mr Pidgeon (who later progressed to Professor). All three of us a questioning crew. Being French, I returned across the water after my studies at Whitechapel. The other two were a little jealous about my success with the ladies. But then I was somewhat envious of them for other reasons.

So I can say definitely not.

Well m'sieur..

Your stirring speech put me in mind of this stirring song..(albeit about 200 years old..)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Well m'sieur..

Your stirring speech put me in mind of this stirring song..(albeit about 200 years old..)

Just seen the post Ody. Came through while I was constructing the Owl Log.

Very stirring stuff. I'm sure Vous would be dancing along. He would not necessarily agree with the words at 1-52. Now-a-days his aim is to keep all his ladies happy.

England has an anthem. 'God save the queen.' I'm all for changing it to the theme of the Pink Panther. Durham, durum etc. First postulated by Bill Bailey, many moons ago.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Having cohabited with a cryptic crossword enthusiast I can't help but think "69" and the word "disgusting" is a clue.

Bang on the money there FFF. Well almost. Small change! 

The vid is about the difference between two armies. With a wee bit of titillation, and a couple of sexy girl soldiers doing gym co-ordination at the end.

I thought it was disgusting. But I'm not American.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

IT IS GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK-because this thread is rather a good one..

Otherwise-YOU SHOULD PULL YOUR HEAD IN.

It's perfectly simple-a decent thread like tis or endless days on Field Punishment number 1?

Choose wisely...

Wise words Ody.

I simply must control those naughty letters on the computer keyboard.

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll definitely take note.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sotonowl said:

If your missus is going to nick your hats and wear them all the time you need to respond. Start walking round the village and the town with one of her handbags, that'll do the trick, escalate to clouts and blouses if it doesn't.

But do not under any circumstances have your pipe exposed !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

You have put thoughts into my heard owl. But, wait a minute! The shop that sells them in Ban Dung has a lovely lady selecting the better ones for me. Can't let her down. Must visit today (Monday) to see what she has to offer me.

'put thoughts into my heard'

We were always told it would make you go deaf. Looks like your enforced holiday has affected your spelling, Owl. (as opposed to spelling bee)

• Like 1