Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

It is really difficult for these tired old eyes to make out...however I shall take your word for it.

Real jackals or wild dogs-and I do not mean to question you in any way..?

Wild dogs are a real pest up on the escarpment here-they are continually using 1080 baits to control them.

Hunters take their mastiff/bulldog/bull terriers up into the bush and then (for one reason or another) leave them where they become the terrors of the wild....

12 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Could be right there bluesofa. I don't know if the Ford Cortina was fully made in Dagenham. They might have made the engine. Then again; maybe that was made in Spain. But where the Cortina actually rolled out of the factory I'm not sure.

No! It wasn't whether the Cortina was made in Dagenham or not. It was the thought of taking a nice lady into the back of the car to inspect the upholstery. It was the dream of a Dagenham boy, when he snared a Barking girl, to be asked:  "Have you a cheap hotel in mind Owl?"

"No Sharon, but I've got a Cortina."

'snared a Barking girl'   Sounds like a real bitch to me.

It looks like it was Dagenham according to wiki, but it is rather vague:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Cortina

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The chap next door, (Song) has gone into it big-time. Has invested 100k baht into the project. Went along to snap a few rats yesterday and was shocked to see his breeding male was almost as big as a cat. Pics net Owl Log.

Yes the BBQ rats I used to see were the same size as the chickens.I remember seeing one as big as a cat running around in Delhi decades ago and couldn't believe my eyes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

She has been featured before Evenkeel. Must tune in more often.

A few days ago she accused Mrs Owl of kid-napping her cat. Mrs Owl told me;

"Noi says farang take cat, belong to she."

My sarcastic side was pushing at the door.

"Tell her feed next one."

Tell Noi it was delicious!Toughest animal I ever skinned was a feral cat caught in a rabbit trap and killing it was even harder and rather traumatic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I'm sure I've eaten rat in the early days unwittingly when Mrs Flung would play the try this which after the the giggles and laughter died down would inform me what I had just ingested.I used to see BBQ rats nailed to the board next to the BBQ chicken and were nearly indistinguishable from each other.

I actually like rat, but would only eat it if I was out in the sticks. Don't want some <deleted> passing off sewer pipe rats as field rats.

Butterfly lizards and garden/forest lizards are quite tasty too but not much meat on them.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Tell Noi it was delicious! Toughest animal I ever skinned was a feral cat caught in a rabbit trap and killing it was even harder and rather traumatic.

Are you suggesting that I tell Noi an un-truth? I couldn't do that, and in any case she knows I like pussies.

Here is Jack. The pussie cat she said I kid-napped. Although cats go where they like. 

1835039149_Jackthewhack03.png.4af3e5944f78f21510adb6b1784ffe35.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I'm sure I've eaten rat in the early days unwittingly when Mrs Flung would play the try this which after the the giggles and laughter died down would inform me what I had just ingested.I used to see BBQ rats nailed to the board next to the BBQ chicken and were nearly indistinguishable from each other.

Reminds me of a Python sketch ...

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Are you suggesting that I tell Noi an un-truth? I couldn't do that, and in any case she knows I like pussies.

Here is Jack. The pussie cat she said I kid-napped. Although cats go where they like. 

1835039149_Jackthewhack03.png.4af3e5944f78f21510adb6b1784ffe35.png

Definitely a case of catnapping if ever I saw one.I can't tell if Jack is looking at you with admiration or suspicion. 

12 hours ago, owl sees all said:

You have put thoughts into my heard owl. But, wait a minute! The shop that sells them in Ban Dung has a lovely lady selecting the better ones for me. Can't let her down. Must visit today (Monday) to see what she has to offer me.

Pics Owl, we need pics.

16 minutes ago, sotonowl said:

Pics Owl, we need pics.

Yes! I hear you.

I was a bit late as my friend came to see me and the time just flew by. Left at 15-30, and by the time I'd gone to the farm to do the regular chores; feed the carp, water the plants etc., it was late. Tomorrow!

I've got the strangest feeling that I could get a yak-yak with this. Should I stop now or test the water?

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes! I hear you.

I was a bit late as my friend came to see me and the time just flew by. Left at 15-30, and by the time I'd gone to the farm to do the regular chores; feed the carp, water the plants etc., it was late. Tomorrow!

I've got the strangest feeling that I could get a yak-yak with this. Should I stop now or test the water?

'I could get a yak-yak with this'    Just get on with it and buy two of those long-haired Mongolian cows.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

At the risk of exciting your conspiracy theories Owl, I’d suggest that the flu might be down on numbers because of the social distancing that’s going on.

A lot of people think this HP. 

I'll investigate.

I'll start with getting in touch with a French friend. He's a virologist.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

As I was driving back from town this morning I was thinking about posting here and saying that the drought stories will soon be appearing on the forum, did you read my mind Mr Owl or did I read yours?

What do you call a deer with no eyes?No idea!What do you call a deer with no eyes and no legs?Still no idea!One theory about the no flu is this common cold virus is beating it to the punch.

We have been getting some flooding in the kitchen and have had to stop using the sink inside so we had the septic tanks pumped.No good still got flooding in the kitchen,I was dreading the thought of having to excavate the concrete until I decided to look into the tank that gets the water from the kitchen to see how big the pipe was and low and behold the tank was full.I had to move a 10 gallon compost bucket off the lid of the tank to look inside so I suspect it was too much trouble for the tank pump guy to move to pump that tank, anyway it was a huge relief not having to deal with a blockage. 

• Like 2